Whittaker just got outclassed!!

Shoulda just stuck with those leg kicks and have been patient.

Did NOT expect that! Dayum!!
Oh? Whittaker says its the best he ever felt. Why you calling him a liar?

Such a shitty thing to do. Looked fine to me.

djason1988: edits comment when I respond to his dumb comment.

Last edited:
96 year old Anderson Silva put up a better fight.

yeah... he shouldn't have been leaping in like an absolute madman for every single entry, i mean he was landing but he definitely should've toned it down after the knockdown and stopped trying to brawl.

oh well.

Leaping in with awkward punches is what made Whitaker hard to beat and read. Adesanya is just a level above anybody in that division.

You cant abandon what got you to the dance. I knew he was going to get TKO'D but didnt expect it to be early.

Izzy is levels above everyone in that division in striking

Whittaker should have used a ground game BUT. the fact is Adesanya is getting better exponentially every time I see him fight. His holes are closing fast

He tried to copy Gastelum's gameplan like all you idiots said he should, and unsurprisingly, it failed.

Jesus its like some of u have NEVER seen Whittaker fight before. Thats what his style is darting in and out like that

People were saying that the way he loses distance and darts in and out was one of his keys to victory in the fight buildup. Now he has the worst fight IQ ever.

Leaping in with awkward punches is what made Whitaker hard to beat and read. Adesanya is just a level above anybody in that division.

You cant abandon what got you to the dance. I knew he was going to get TKO'D but didnt expect it to be early.

Izzy is levels above everyone in that division in striking
i'm aware that whittaker has always done that kind of shit, but he took it to another level tonight. every single entry was him leaping in like a crazy person, he's never been THAT sloppy and crazy.

He was doing a karate blitz without baiting out the counter. Just doesn't work unless you bait the counter, otherwise you are just running into punches.

He should started wrestling in the second, nope same tactic that got him layed out just like round 1. Amateur hour
He was winning the first round until the knockdown. But Izzy just got the read at the end of the round, and Bobby didn't change it up. Gameplan wasn't there

Whitaker was landing. Even landed his signature head kick. Land a nice jab that wouldve looked better had Izzy not countered with those nice hooks. Crazy that Izzy was able to land clean hooks leaning back with his chin up. With his height and long arms landing those should've been damn near impossible that close up. Dude is crazy talented. Props to him not landing extra punches after the bell in the first round. Also Whitaker had a good game plan, but Izzy ate those shots and landed his. Getting harder and harder for people to deny his talent. Props to Whitaker and can't wait for Adesanya v. Costa. Edit: so are we gonna keep hating on a talent rich middle weight division or is Bobby Knuckles a fat welterweight like Gastelum?

adesanya is just better. plain and simple. whittaker had the right gameplan which was to swarm and he almost caught adesanya a couple of time. whittaker is not a wrestler and would not be able to take him down. He had to launch forward because he was at a massive reach disadvantage vs an elite striker.
stop saying whittaker had the wrong gameplan. this was always a fight he would find difficult.

People were saying that the way he loses distance and darts in and out was one of his keys to victory in the fight buildup. Now he has the worst fight IQ ever.

And? If it isn't working and you nearly get knocked out, you change your game plane. He didn't change and the same thing happened. Terrible fight IQ from his and his corner.

Back