Who can beat Islam?

Title defenses record is at 3...is he the one?

He's not khabib, he is not a piece of iron and can be beat.

It's going to be an extremely difficult task and it might be a while before loses again

I said before Gabriel Bonfim was signed to the UFC that I would favor him to beat Khamzat and the same applies to Makhachev should he move up to 170.

Bonfim has a similar finishing ability/instinct as Charles Oliveira but unlike Oliveira has an innate physicality that allows him to overpower most opponents.

At 155 no one.

Volk, Arman, and Thiago Moises all gave islam tougher fights than Charles lol. Islam is just a bad matchup for Charles and is one of his easier fights in the division.

Current version of Islam beats them all pretty easily in the rematch, look what happened to Volk

Still think Charles rematch is his "toughest" fight

Current version of Islam beats them all pretty easily in the rematch, look what happened to Volk

Still think Charles rematch is his "toughest" fight

I disagree
Charles will fold like a wet paper bag again. He has nothing for Islam.

He once again gets dropped then submitted easily

Islam is very good everywhere, but he doesn't seem to have the type of chin that can take a clean shot, so anyone that hits hard can potentially catch him. Volk is not some power puncher, and he was affecting Islam in the first fight, imagine someone like Chandler connecting

it would take a welterweight. colby could make 155 and give him some issues.

I only favor shavkat from 170 and under
With exception of a possible size advantage and maybe a slightly better chin I don't see anywhere Shavkat would have an advantage over Islam.

Leon imo is the only guy at 155/170 who really has a shot at the moment.

Don't see Charles, Beneil, Arman, Dariush, or Justin beating Islam

The only other options are Colby & Leon
But Colby isn't beating Leon

So that leaves Leon... I actually do see beating Islam but I'm not confident that fight gets made. UFC would only make the fight if Colby wins
the answer is:
islam needs to fight everyone to find out. if he wins, and its a squash match, so be it. but no more of this “he’s just too good, no one can beat him, so let’s just skip the formalities and call him ‘goat.’” greatness is proven by consistency over time.

Only father time will beat him. He steamrolls any current lw. Welterweight would be a different talk, though.

Back