Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
Alright I need to watch this shit a few more times but on second viewing where I actually scored it : 115-113

Canelo. And this is coming from a HUGE GGG fan here. It hurts to say but Canelo fought the fight of his life. Both guys put it all out there but Canelo was fucking spectacular. I withhold judgement upon future viewings/scoring but for now I thought Canelo took it or draw.

It means I was right, of course. I watched the first fight and wasnt going to be surprised if GGG doesnt get a decision win.

Not in a meaningful way. Canelo can beat Golovkin. In fact, he did.

I had GGG winning both fights

Canelo boxed very well in The second fight though , still had GGG winning it

you wanna cookie or something?

Still you have no point. In fact, I was right all along.

Sure I have a point. Canelo legitimately beat Golovkin and you were sucking on sour grapes before the fight even started because you didn't wan't to believe it could happen.

Sure I have a point. Canelo legitimately beat Golovkin and you were sucking on sour grapes before the fight even started because you didn't wan't to believe it could happen.
Quit pretending you know what others think. You can only account for your own thoughts.

Suck on that.

Jesus Christ.

The fucking results of this poll are absolutely ridiculous. I'm convinced very few actually watched the fight, but just want to join in fake outrage.

The right guy won. Had GGG got the decision to this fight there would be something very wrong with this sport.

You win fights by landing the better punches 7 rounds or more out of 12. You don’t win the round just because you landed more punches that round either. Look up how boxing scoring works, comprehensively. I don’t even mean to sound rude, but you’re just uninformed about the rules.

I know how boxing scoring works and scored the fight round by round. The early rounds were close, with Canelo taking more than he lost and the last 5 were a beat down.

Quite surprised by the results, so many thought GGG won.

All punches are not equal.

Agreed. It's pretty disingenuous or just downright clueless to assert that Canelo's shots were so much more significant that the offset getting his brain rattled my jabs and straights all night. The "look at their faces" explanation is the stuff of amateurs.

Andre Ward, Jermall Charlo and Errol Spence had Canelo winning for the same reasons I did. Even Abel Sanchez, GGG’s trainer, said it was a fair decision.

“Winging” power puncher? Canelo was more accurate. He wasn’t just “winging” punches. He walked him down and applied pressure for the majority of the fight.

Abel and GGG have been all class. That should be a credit to them, not Canelo. We can't complain about a fighter arguing a decision, then dismiss them because they don't.

Canelo was throwing himself across the ring when he missed with wind up shots. That's the definition of winging. Especially in the later rounds when his cardio deteriorated.

Andre Ward has problems with the GGG camp. A clear bias. A snap judgement has occurred where Canelo is getting a ton of credit for coming to fight instead of coming not to lose. He fought well, it's just very difficult to give him anything more than a draw going round by round.

Abel and GGG have been all class. That should be a credit to them, not Canelo. We can't complain about a fighter arguing a decision, then dismiss them because they don't.

Canelo was throwing himself across the ring when he missed with wind up shots. That's the definition of winging. Especially in the later rounds when his cardio deteriorated.

Andre Ward has problems with the GGG camp. A clear bias. A snap judgement has occurred where Canelo is getting a ton of credit for coming to fight instead of coming not to lose. He fought well, it's just very difficult to give him anything more than a draw going round by round.
Were Charlo and Spence also drunk again like they were at the Porter/Garcia post fight press conference?

Just like clockwork, just liked planned. Except that GGG’s trainer said he didn’t follow the game plan.

Abel can say what he wants about game plans. The guy just talks. He talked before the fight, he talks after it. GGG fought with every ounce of his experience and it showed when Canelo's gas tank depleted. That's when GGG went head to head and boxed him up.

Agreed. It's pretty disingenuous or just downright clueless to assert that Canelo's shots were so much more significant that the offset getting his brain rattled my jabs and straights all night. The "look at their faces" explanation is the stuff of amateurs.
So who would you say landed the more significant punches?

Were Charlo and Spence also drunk again like they were at the Porter/Garcia post fight press conference?

Haven't seen it. I don't really care for what fighters say. They'll go both ways and whichever side a given person is on, they can find a fighter that sides with them. Most fighters don't do round by round scoring. Like in any sport, the athletes are often times better competitors than they are coaches or analysts.

So who would you say landed the more significant punches?

Round by round, GGG had more rounds where he landed more significantly.

Talking "power punches" is a poor argument because not all power punches are the same. Canelo was gassed after 7 and what he landed was astronomically less threatening/impactful than it had been earlier in the fight.

Back