Who else thinks Dustin has a chance??

If you're waiting for Khabib to get tired, you're going to wait a long time. Before Khabib will get tired mauling you, you'll get tired because he's mauling you anyway.

fight night
giphy.gif

this

he looked great against Max, but is he really better than conor?

washed up vets in Jim Miller and Eddie Alvarez took him down and made him struggle

I feel like at Dustins level you have some type of shot against anyone

But he's not a 1 punch killer and i don't remember him on his back much...Maybe someone can point me to a fight where he does work off his back....

His takedown defense isn't amazing

I think there are bigger fish to fry for Khabib...

An upset would be cool though.

More than likely Khabib will smash, but I have this weird feeling that Dustin will get mauled in the early rounds and wait till Khabib gets tired, and then start piecing him up near the end.

I'm not saying Poirier will win, but he has a good chance to maybe win the later rounds like 4 or 5, since we have seen Khabib get tired or at least slow down in the past.
weird feelings about things are most often not reliable. of course he'll have a puncher's chance, but the odds are stacked against him in all other areas
i don't see anything he can bring that Conor hasn't already

I think Dustin has very good shot of winning.

Look at the roll he is on. Hard to take anything away from that guy. If Khabib can't get takedowns early I think Dusin's chance of winning goes through the roof. I would assume Dustin's game plan is going to be all about keeping distance and establishing a nice jab.
Jab, feint, and throw the knee anytime bib flinches.

If you're gonna get wrestle raped anyways, spam those knees with reckless abandon all night, imo.

Might get lucky and clip him as he shoots.

If you're waiting for Khabib to get tired, you're going to wait a long time. Before Khabib will get tired mauling you, you'll get tired because he's mauling you anyway.
Agreed. Spam knees is the only possible way to win, unless you can outwrestle him.

Best thing Dustin could do is get to decision and avoid TD for 5 rounds
but very unlikely

No

It’s really hardworking-underdog fighter vs elite undefeated fighter

On paper it’s not competitive

Poirier has come a long way but there are just intangibles and “it factors” that maybe he wasn’t born with and Khabib isn’t the time to overcome such said shortcomings

I don’t put too much stock into beating Holloway (good opponent but that’s a budding FW champion, Khabib is one of the best and easily the most powerful LW of all time)

Decent TDD
Good striking
Great cardio

Has a great chance imo

I would give him a 20ish percent chance.

Skill-for-skill, it's hard to see exactly where Poirier's "out" would be IMO. At least sufficient to win a five-round fight.

Great fight though...I wish they could both win.

More than likely Khabib will smash, but I have this weird feeling that Dustin will get mauled in the early rounds and wait till Khabib gets tired, and then start piecing him up near the end.

I'm not saying Poirier will win, but he has a good chance to maybe win the later rounds like 4 or 5, since we have seen Khabib get tired or at least slow down in the past.

Dustin will lose and then say he broke his foot before the fight......

I just haven't seen anything in his previous fights to make me think he can consistently stop the take down or get up after the td occurs.

He has a chance!

Poirier has names like Max Holloway, Justin Gaethje, Eddie Alvarez and Anthony Pettis on his resume. Khabib has one-footed, two-year layoff Conor and RDA, the guy who Alvarez merked. <45>

If you doubt this fight will be competitive, you've gone full retard. Dustin should be the favourite. He's going to knock Kebab boy back to the sheep farms of Dagestan.

No. Zero chance. Might as well not show up to the fight.

When a fighter is this underestimated, crazy shit can happen. Dustin has a very good chance, although his path to the title was mostly strikers.

Back