Who is the Greatest Champ Champ in MMA History Across All Orgs ?

I think I got the point of the thread, it's quite straight forward. The OP asked who's the best champ champ, that's the only criteria. Not who they had to beat to get champ champ status or anything. And I think it's pretty clear GSP was the better champ champ.

With that said, BJ didnt beat Hughes to gain champ champ status, that was his first title win in the UFC. The LW belt he beat Stevenson for was the champ champ status for Penn. So based on what you're saying, they both beat Hughes who was a clear #1 in the world to get their first belt. But for the second, Bisping is certainly a better win than Stevenson. Now that's based on your criteria.
I know the timeline and mentioned In my post that he beat sherk right after in the next fight, he also had already beat the #1 lightweight in the world in gomi before he was the lightweight champ, and that was for a strap, it wasn’t really his fault the ufc didn’t really have a lightweight division at the time.
Champ should be the number 1 in their division BJ proved he was GSP didn’t.

I know the timeline and mentioned In my post that he beat sherk right after in the next fight, he also had already beat the #1 lightweight in the world in gomi before he was the lightweight champ, and that was for a strap, it wasn’t really his fault the ufc didn’t really have a lightweight division at the time.
Champ should be the number 1 in their division BJ proved he was GSP didn’t.

Sure, you can keep twisting and spinning things around as you like. Bottom line is that GSP was a better champ champ overall than Penn.

Sure, you can keep twisting and spinning things around as you like. Bottom line is that GSP was a better champ champ overall than Penn.
I don’t disagree with him being a better champ, and I’m not twisting anything those are the facts BJ beat the best of WW to get the title and beat the best LW’s during his run .
GSP had a way better run at WW (the goat run) but he didn’t beat the best MW in the world.

Bisping was KO'd by grandpa Silva and rescued by uppity %&#$ Herb Dean doing one of hs diva stunts. Still a win, and the biggest of his career so far, because he's Michael Bisping, the gatekeeper that would've been cut several times if he wasn't the British Great Hope (Plan C) Dana was looking for since UFC38. Idiot Rockhold had just destroyed Bisping one year and a half before.

Bisping was a Champion, like Serra, and like Serra a chancey one. That's why Greaseback was game to fight him, while he avoided Silva like the plage, and flatly refuse to fight after Bisping.
You sound negative impartial lol my goodness the irony of the statements.

Acting like your boy didn't grease when he's on video doing it. Don't forget your BR hero used steroids his entire career and was caught doing steroids

Your boy wanted to fight Conor Mcgregor, a friggin ex FW lol

Bisping beat Silva. Imagine how bad Silva is for losing to a scrub like that. lol you guys don't know how to argue. You make your heroes look terrible when you do

You may want to get better arguments before you come playing on these boards dude. You're gonna get wrecked.

Handy. Fedor didn't even want that heat.

Hmmm..

I always felt that Champ Champ requires you to hold two belts at the same time and if that is the case, then, that list gets really short.

I don’t disagree with him being a better champ, and I’m not twisting anything those are the facts BJ beat the best of WW to get the title and beat the best LW’s during his run .
GSP had a way better run at WW (the goat run) but he didn’t beat the best MW in the world.

Sure, but if you do a side by side comparison of the champ champ legacy. GSP is more impressive. Both guys beat the champ in the higher weight class and didn't do anything with the title. I would say beating Hughes is better than beating Bisping. But! GSP beating Huhges and defending 9x is far far more impressive than what Penn did at LW.

So overall, GSP's champ champ legacy is stronger.

Here is a complete list of two weight class champions in MMA history. Who is the best of the best?

Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
BJ Penn
Joe Warren
David Branch
Connor McGregor
George St. Pierre
Martin Ngyuen
Aung La Nsang
Daniel Cormier
Amanda Nunes
Ryan Bader
Henry Cedujo
Patrico Freire
Renier De Ridder
Christian Lee
Jon Jones
Anatoly Malkin
Larissa Pacheco
Alex Periera

??????????????????????
wait, for sure either David Branch or Martin Nguyen. Don't even wanna hear arguments, the case is solid.

You sound negative impartial lol my goodness the irony of the statements.

Acting like your boy didn't grease when he's on video doing it. Don't forget your BR hero used steroids his entire career and was caught doing steroids

Your boy wanted to fight Conor Mcgregor, a friggin ex FW lol

Bisping beat Silva. Imagine how bad Silva is for losing to a scrub like that. lol you guys don't know how to argue. You make your heroes look terrible when you do

You may want to get better arguments before you come playing on these boards dude. You're gonna get wrecked.
You haven't debunked anything I said, ANYTHING and talk about getting "wrecked" and "get better arguments". youJust wrote a rant as if I was defending Silva, that is not even in the conversation, not being a double champion. You seem to think that just beucase you're someone's nuthugger, everyone else must be.

You're an absolute tool, so much that you cannot see how little sense you make.

You haven't debunked anything I said, ANYTHING and talk about getting "wrecked" and "get better arguments". youJust wrote a rant as if I was defending Silva, that is not even in the conversation, not being a double champion. You seem to think that just beucase you're someone's nuthugger, everyone else must be.

You're an absolute tool, so much that you cannot see how little sense you make.
Damn dude, got wrecked so you just sulked about it. lol that's a first on Sherdog

Let us know when you know what you're watching because you just showed an entire forum you have no fucking clue

Sure, but if you do a side by side comparison of the champ champ legacy. GSP is more impressive. Both guys beat the champ in the higher weight class and didn't do anything with the title. I would say beating Hughes is better than beating Bisping. But! GSP beating Huhges and defending 9x is far far more impressive than what Penn did at LW.

So overall, GSP's champ champ legacy is stronger.
Well I disagree mainly just because I’m really only looking at who they beat to get what, and what they were when they got it, not so much the legacy after especially if they don’t continue fighting in the division.

The answer is actually BJ Penn and if you disagree, you are objectively wrong.

He was inarguably the number 1 LW at one point and when he beat Hughes, he was inarguably the number 1 WW.

Jones didn't beat the reigning, lineal HW champ. Randy was legit HW champ but was never the proven 'man' at LHW because top talent was split with Pride - as proven when Rampage defeated Chuck (who beat Randy). Hendo lost both of his UFC 'unification' fights at LHW and MW proving he wasn't number 1.

GSP cherry picked a one-eyed man who nobody believes was actually the best MW and then ducked Whittaker. Alex is only a semi-legit champ, as the UFC has navigated him away from grapplers and he won the LHW belt that was vacant. The LHW belt is a joke, with multiple champs vacating.

Shillmier has always lived in Jones' shadow. Cejudo lost the DJ fight and then beat a random guy for the vacant title who would then go on an epic losing streak. He only defended a washed up old man in Cruz who had no business getting a title shot in the first place.

The other guys fight in bum leagues and aren't worth mentioning.

Strange to think old mate Tippy Toes was the most legit double champ. But life is strange. Only guy to ever be clear cut the best in two divisions.
??? What about Pereira, he beat Izzy the linal me and Jiri the lineal lhw?? And still holds the belt

Damn dude, got wrecked so you just sulked about it. lol that's a first on Sherdog

Let us know when you know what you're watching because you just showed an entire forum you have no fucking clue
Again not a single argument, but I got "wrecked", whatever.

Again not a single argument, but I got "wrecked", whatever.
You've confirmed for us now you don't know what arguments or MMA is. Lol better luck next time kid

Meh, he's pretty open about not wanting any part of DC at HW.

And felt the need for steroids to fight him at LHW.
Yeah he thought that if DC put on 15 lbs and he put on 15lbs

DC would win a 3rd time after getting knocked out.

<DCrying>

“His body type — that’s the way he wants to be, to be big. I definitely think he will be a tougher fight at heavyweight. But I still believe I would win. I believe that I have his number. I know how to beat him.”

So you think he started taking peds just to beat DC eh?
Didnt work for barnett, bigfoot, henderson, Mir, Monsoon Silva. its almost like everyon- naaaah.

Well I disagree mainly just because I’m really only looking at who they beat to get what, and what they were when they got it, not so much the legacy after especially if they don’t continue fighting in the division.

I see! But if you're looking at it from the perspective of who they beat, and what they were when they got it. Wouldn't you say they were equal at the least? Favoring GSP if you look at it objectively.

I mean, GSP and Penn both beat Hughes so that's a balance. But the other "who they beat and what they were" Wouldn't that still favor GSP?? I mean beating Bisping who was the actual champ that just KO'd Rockhold. and beat Anderson prior and defended his title vs Hendo, is more impressive than beating Stevenson for a vacant title, Stevenson wasn't even a champion. You can't really say otherwise here.

Iit wasn’t really his fault the ufc didn’t really have a lightweight division at the time.
While agreeing with anything you said, an even with the spirit of this very sentece, maybe MAYBE BJ, has a tiny bitsy bit of fault of the LW, the division that in his brief early run gave so great moments, demise.

I know that I'm grasping at straws here, but it was not a secret that Dana Lorenzo and Silva heavily favoured BJ for whatever reason. I'm not saying that getting rid of Jens in the dirty way they did was related to BJ losing to Jens right before the acrimonious departure of Jens, but just another example of the Zuffa triunvirate abusive ways. But the situation allowed them to organize that little four man tournament that granted BJ his second title shot in a year.

BJ faliure to close the deal twice certanly didn't help to save LW.

I was dissapointed when I couldn't watch Jens live at UFC 38, but the laughs when BJ's family stuck one finger to Zuffa right after BJ winning in spectaculat fashion his third title shot in two years, and suing Zuffa after sttriping him, made up for it.

I see! But if you're looking at it from the perspective of who they beat, and what they were when they got it. Wouldn't you say they were equal at the least? Favoring GSP if you look at it objectively.

I mean, GSP and Penn both beat Hughes so that's a balance. But the other "who they beat and what they were" Wouldn't that still favor GSP?? I mean beating Bisping who was the actual champ that just KO'd Rockhold. and beat Anderson prior and defended his title vs Hendo, is more impressive than beating Stevenson for a vacant title, Stevenson wasn't even a champion. You can't really say otherwise here.
I look at bjs defeat of Gomi for the title better than GSP and bisping, and something that really solidified him as the worlds best LW , but if you’re only staying ufc yeah that’s about the same, but then penn beat Sherk who was the best lightweight in the ufc other than penn at the time. So it solidifies his double status a little more, if you want to view that as the true dance for the strap.

Back