Who wants to see an immediate Cyborg vs. Nunes rematch?

I would like to see a rematch but this timewith Cyborg being more conservative.

I will leave that up to Amanda. Cyborg seems nice but there is a distinct possibility she has used ped's past or current so as a fan I would never ask someone to take a fight like that.

This reminded me of GSP vs Matt Serra's first fight. Cyborg had outside pressures, last fight on her contract, fighting the smaller fighter, etc.

Cyborg got hurt early and chose to bite down on her mouthpiece and say, "Oh yeah, I'll show you." It didn't work for Georges either.

Great fight, Nunes was awesome but Cyborg made a very correctable mistake. It looked like the clinch was there for her rather than swing wildly while hurt.

Valentina already fought Nunes twice. She can fight Cyborg once. Next. You can't say there are no fights left for Cyborg when she hasn't fought Nunes' toughest challenger once. Cyborg and Valentina should at least have to beat the other to earn another shot at Nunes.

Hard to argue against.

Would rather see this than Holly getting yet another undeserved title fight in her quest to be the faber of wmma.

Damn it was carnage when the round started

Because it was decisive and ended in an easy finish for Nunes? If it was competitive it would be different. All losers don’t deserve rematches all of the time, it’s absurd to say so.

If you’re just gonna give losers rematches over and over until they figure out how to get the win, why even bother declaring a winner to begin with?

Sure, why not. Maybe Cyborg will fight less stupid this time.

This reminded me of GSP vs Matt Serra's first fight. Cyborg had outside pressures, last fight on her contract, fighting the smaller fighter, etc.

Cyborg got hurt early and chose to bite down on her mouthpiece and say, "Oh yeah, I'll show you." It didn't work for Georges either.

Great fight, Nunes was awesome but Cyborg made a very correctable mistake. It looked like the clinch was there for her rather than swing wildly while hurt.
A correctable mistake was being the far inferior striker in every exchange? That’s not easily correctable. She wasn’t just concussed early and fighting on instinct. She got dominated in every exchange until she was face planted.

Nah. Cyborg needs to pick up another win, Nunes should fight someone else. If both ladies win, then a rematch makes more sense. No immediate rematches following KO/TKO/submissions.

Question going through the ufc’s mind is what other fights are there for WMMA that generate interest. The division is so weak already. Cyborg should be allowed to redeem herself, or Nune’s getting another victory against cyborg would mean way more than beating a lesser known opponent.

She will just lose again. The biggest factor (if you ask me) besides Amanda's power, is that she wasn't scared of Cyborg like all Cyborg's other opponents. Amanda said hell naw you aint bulldozing me B, and fired back crisp counter strikes.

Amanda looks to have cleaner hands, and now she has total confidence. Go ahead and run it back but I'd bet on same outcome, it might take longer next time that'd be the only difference.

I think these two ladies would split if they fought 10 times. They are both really dangerous and don't need much time to finish an injured fighter. It could have easily been Nunes had she been caught with one of Cyborg's bombs. Both of them are incredible fighters. There is no shame in losing to either of them.

It's the money fight to make but no one in UFC history has ever lost the title by getting finished and won the instant rematch. Usually the person that won is even more confident the 2nd time while the former champion doesn't have their confidence.

I'd do Cyborg/Megan and if Cyborg gets a finish, that sets up a big money rematch. Meanwhile, you can do Holly vs. Nunes in a battle of the broads that beat Rousey. If Nunes wins, he solidifies herself even more as an all time great and the Cyborg rematch is massive.

Hate immediate rematches after stoppage, especially first round ones.

It's not like Cyborg is some dominant champion, she has 2 defenses and one of those was against a not even top-15 bantamweight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back