Who wants to see Nate win?

What's the point? nate's pretty transparent about retirement, why put him in a fight that effects the title picture? Will they give him a title shot if he wins?
It makes the UFC millions.
-saved a PPV by stepping in on 11 day’s notice in the midst of a bender vs Conor. Creating an iconic moment.
-and another PPV
-called out Masvidal when he was flavour of the month, thrusting The Rock and Duran into the promotion and a cross-over audience.
-nobody wants to watch Edwards, Nate can be thanked for the sales of that card.

He copped a beating against all three of those opponents. The UFC owe him a hell of a lot and he’s going out against a #1 contender when others are having retirement fights with veterans.

For the WWE shit, I’d love it for Nate.

For the future of the sport, we need a Chimaev W here.

I wanna see a good scrap, whoever wins. Although I'll admit that I might be rooting for Nate.

Yeah as an MMA fan I definitely want to see a 37 year old who doesnt seem to want to fight and clearly wants out of the UFC to beat one of the hottest prospects ever and derail a massive title fight.

Reactions: HHJ
It would be the one of the biggest backfires in the history of backfires.

It’s the highest profile guy they can give him that poses the lowest possible risks, it’s a total cherrypick with the sole purpose of making Khamzat look as good as possible.

Don’t know how people can’t understand why that would be hilarious if it went south.

Sherdog would absolutely melt down lol then Dana would pay Nate 2.5 mil to fight Conor again for an interim title fight and the Sherbro tears would flow like never before.

nate has zero chance. fucking rory was able to ragdoll him

It would be the one of the biggest backfires in the history of backfires.

It’s the highest profile guy they can give him that poses the lowest possible risks, it’s a total cherrypick with the sole purpose of making Khamzat look as good as possible.

Don’t know how people can’t understand why that would be hilarious if it went south.
I dont care about the hilarity of it. I dont care about what pleases or doesnt please Dana. Khamzat is awesome,and I dont want the train stopped by this guy who's leaving who dont seem to care all that much about fighting anyway. But we see what people's priorities are.

It would be funny to see some meltdowns on here but who really fucking cares about what people on Sherdog say?

if Khamzat loses he won’t fight Usman. And him fighting Usman is the fight I want to see most. I want to see the Nigerian Cringelord get dumped on his head.

If Nate Diaz wins this fight, he will give Dana White a heart attack.

I dont care about the hilarity of it. I dont care about what pleases or doesnt please Dana. Khamzat is awesome,and I dont want the train stopped by this guy who's leaving who dont seem to care all that much about fighting anyway. But we see what people's priorities are.

Not sure what you’re expecting tbh, cherrypicks gone wrong always have and always will tickle people.

That and his fan base consists of about 90 percent intolerable douche bags, about 5 dozen excuse threads for a fight he won, God knows what they’ll do if he loses to Nate Diaz.

I would love it, Nate would be the king of derailing the UFC hypetrain. First with Conor, then Khamzat, it would be glorious.

Who knows how this will go though, easy to assume Khamzat will look to ragdoll Nate right away, but if Nate threatens and Khamzat feels a sub danger, he might choose to stand and trade again.

Khamzat was disappointed with his performance last time because he didn't stick to the plan, but he said himself that the sub threat is what made him want to stand and trade for the KO. In the cage instincts take over, so if he feels that again, he might opt for striking.

I hope Nate is in tip top shape for this one. If he can at least make it competitive or have some moments, especially if he can make it all 5 rounds without having it be a destruction, Nate wins either way. Nate's stock rises as long as he can be competitive and have moments of success against Khamzat.

Wouldnt mind a huge upset just for shits and giggles, specially with the situation around the fight and ti see what happens.

If Diaz won it would be so bad for the division. Diaz would run off in the sunset to go chase a Jake Paul boxing match and we'd lose one of the most interesting WW contenders.

Who knows how this will go though

I do. Let me help you out - Nate is on the wrong side of 35 and is out of his athletic prime. He's won a single fight in the last 5 years. Leon Edwards DOMINATED him everywhere the fight went and with complete impunity.

He's about to fight an undefeated middleweight who is now undefeated at welterweight and is hilariously bigger than him, still in his athletic prime, and a world class MMA adapted wrestler.

Guys who were middle of the pack at 145lbs out wrestled Nate to decision wins.

Nate is going to get HURT.

This fight should not be legally sanctioned. It's ridiculous.

Back