Who Was Anderson’s Best Win In Your Opinion?

I’ll absolutely do that in the morning my thumbs just need a bit of a break and i need some sleep lol.
Thumbs? You're typing all that on a phone? Wow. Gen X-er originally trained QWERTY on typewriters and old PCs here. My hats off. I only use phones for easy/basic stuff if at all possible.

While GSP is my personal GOAT I do think this is a thread about Anderson and his accomplishments.

I’d be very happy to make a GSP thread though any chance to gush about one of my favourite fighters I’ll take!
Yes, this is possible. You can believe Silva/GSP/Jones/Fedor or whoever is GOAT and still acknowledge other champs accomplished a lot.

I'm going with

1. Franklin
2. Hendo
3. Vitor
4. Griffin - Simply b/c Griffin had just beat Shogun and Rampage and then lost to Evans at LHW. Then Anderson absolutely toyed with Forrest.

No. 10 Yushin Okami

Accomplishments: Win over Anderson Silva via DQ, record 26-6 before Silva fight. (I know it may seem like I’m doing Okami dirty but I’m not he was a terrific fighter and a great win for Andy)

No. 11 Stephan Bonnar

Accomplishments: TUF 1 Runner up and all round great fighter RIP. Record 15-7 before Silva fight.

This marks the end of my list leading up to Anderson’s two defeats to Chris Weidman!

honourable mention to Nick Diaz which was a win but NSAC are jerks.

Spider bless

Andy was and still is the Middleweight GOAT he didn’t just beat people he obliterated them!
Nick Diaz was a WEC and Strikeforce WW champ FWIW. Of course that win was tainted and Nick's only fight at MW (he fought twice at 180 catchweight in Strikeforce). So yeah, it's probably not worth mentioning. Having said that, Nick was 31 and still in his prime while Andy was 40 and coming off a 2-year layoff and horrific leg break....so there were questions going into the fight. And I wouldn't call prime Nick an easy fight for anyone MW or below unless they had the wrestling and submission defense to keep him grounded for 5 rounds. And of course Anderson stood with him the entire time.

Thumbs? You're typing all that on a phone? Wow. Gen X-er originally trained QWERTY on typewriters and old PCs here. My hats off. I only use phones for easy/basic stuff if at all possible.
Ohh yeah man all from a phone.

I think those from my generation are going to have chronic thumb issues lol.

Reactions: mkt
Nick Diaz was a WEC and Strikeforce WW champ FWIW. Of course that win was tainted and Nick's only fight at MW (he fought twice at 180 catchweight in Strikeforce). So yeah, it's probably not worth mentioning. Having said that, Nick was 31 and still in his prime while Andy was 40 and coming off a 2-year layoff and horrific leg break....so there were questions going into the fight.
You raise very good points.

I’ll add him in too tomorrow as well.

1. Hayato Sakurai

2. Dan Henderson

3. Vitor Belfort

4. Chael Sonnen (enhanced, interchangeable with Horn)

5. Jeremy Horn

HM (6-10 inpo): Nate Marquardt, Yushin Okami, Demian Maia, Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin

Leben is #10 at best

It's clearly Hendo imo. By far.

Then Vitor.

Also Forrest.

I would say TRT Vitor Belfort was the most versatile and dangerous.
The upkick to the chin was a perfect KO finish.

Hendo. And then Vitor. Mostly because those were the two fights I thought Anderson would possibly lose badly in. Crazy that he finished both of those monsters in under two rounds

Hayato is probably his biggest win. He was ranked the top fighter in the world when Anderson beat him

I forget just how good Silva was due to those late career losses. Dude is an absolute marvel of a martial artist

Hendo
Sakurai
Franklin
Vitor (although I’d favour trt-tor over Franklin
Vitor KO'd Franklin in the 1st round. I believe there was a bit of controversy about "back of the head strikes" or something, but I think Vitor would've won anyway after stunning him. This was just before the Anderson-Belfort fight.

Back