Who won Edgar vs Munhoz

Who won ?

• Edgar

• Munhoz

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you guys read the sherdog PbP, they were expecting controversy and even linked this forum lmao

Weird. I thought Edgar was landing cleaner all night to be honest. His right hand and his left hook seemingly couldn't miss. It's just Munhoz had a power advantage. The only round I decisively gave to munhoz was round 4

I'm really impressed with Edgar's chin and ability to absorb some of the power shots he took. Incredible performance on his part win or lose he did very well.

I'm really impressed with Edgar's chin and ability to absorb some of the power shots he took. Incredible performance on his part win or lose he did very well.

Definitely. Both guys put on a good showing.

Edgar just took everything Munhoz had...

Mma is a cruel mistress.

How would you score this a draw though? Fights are scored round by round, not as a whole.

You're only going to get a draw if every round is scored 10-10 or if at least one round is a 10-8. Both of which would be absurd.
Or if they win two rounds each and one round is a draw

Edgar was just there skating to a decision. Munhoz won the fight. And that’s coming from someone from the same town as Edgar. Love the guy. But he didn’t win tonight.

Extremely tough one to score. I edged it Munhoz, 1,3, and 4. But every round was competitive and arguable. No problem with it going either way.

Edgar 48-47 or 49-46 but incredibly close and Munhoz could’ve won on the cards with the same score.

How are there so many draw votes? Was there a 10-8 that I missed?

I have it
Rd 1: draw
Rd 2: Edgar
Rd3: draw
Rd4: Munoz
Rd 5: edgar
Thats how i scored it but i gave the 5th to pedro. 49-48 munoz from my perspective. Great fight but running should be pointed out as a flaw. Reminded me of marvin haglers last fight. I also thought he won by the pressure applied

Munhoz landed the harder and more damaging strikes.

Thought he won a clear 49-46

You must have had the sound on and believing everything Dom said as he swung from Munhoz nuts.

Munhoz might have landed a few harder strikes, but frankie was landing 3-4 to his 1, and frankie stunned Munhoz a few times.

Frankie also had take downs.

A fighter walking forward just to get lit up isn't winning a fight.

2 of the judges had it right. The other one was out to lunch.

Going 'psshk psshk' throwing air punches to shoulders and arms. Would any sensible person say Frankie's punches were as hard and did as much damage as Munoz?

Frankie limped out the Octagon completely battered with both eyes closed up. He took a pretty serious beating.

This was not a close fight to score and its patently absurd to give 3 rounds to Edgar. This is the height of bad judging. Edgar danced away from the action and threw combos to nowhere most of the fight.

It's Frankie. He mastered gaming the scoring system a long time ago.

Sorry Frankie and his fans, but this was a gift decision. He did not win that

Munhoz landed the harder strikes and fucked up Frankie's legs

I don't understand how you can score that for Frankie.

I don't know how you could score for Munhoz.

He was supposed to be the more powerful striker, but he never had frankie stunned whereas frankie stunned him a few times.

He landed a few leg kicks, but wasn't close to finishing the fight.

Frankie had takedowns and several combos. Frankie lands 3-4 shot combo, munhoz swings wildly and misses, and you score the fight for munhoz? Munhoz looked and took far more damage.

Respectfully pal, I don't see where you're coming from on this one.

I just wanna know where people get their damage meters for their tvs/computer screens.

I need them. "x landed the harder shots" when I watched X's head snap numerous times from the shots landed from y. Both have bloody faces....

Commentators are great at skewing viewer perception. This fight was a prime example.

It absolutely was the prime example.

Frankie lands a 4 shot combo, little is said.

Munhoz lands a jab, and dom went nuts.

Reminds me of the hype man\of mice and men key and peele sketch.

Look ..at this point of his career? Even if it "appears" that Frankie has "won", he did. What the question is?(as the "kids" say?)

Back