Who would you pick to beat Roy Jones in his prime?

Are people ignoring the fact that op said p4p on purpose or have you all decided that’s a stupid question and tried to make mythical matchups?

Make em same size and same weight and I’ll take Ricardo Lopez.

Super Middleweight IDK but middleweight Canelo and GGG would knock him out.
Sorry logged in my alt account

Lol jk but as a big Canelo fan rjj would be a horrible match up

Again, at 160-168 nobody.
SRL and SRR would be at their best at welter, not middle. No way Ward beats RJJ at 168, it would be a wide UD.
At 175 there might be someone who could trouble him like Spinks or Charles, but I still don’t see someone out boxing Jones at his best.

SRL and SRR would be at their best at welter, not middle. No way Ward beats RJJ at 168, it would be a wide UD.
At 175 there might be someone who could trouble him like Spinks or Charles, but I still don’t see someone out boxing Jones at his best.

He said p4p. Pick your weight class and any opponent ever.

Would have loved to seen RJJ against Hagler.

Not sure how anyone writes Ward off still, vs anyone around his size. He excels at things that could slow RJJ’s strengths down and hes such a skilled technician that he could at least be competitive fighting RJJ’s fight as well.

Not sure how anyone writes Ward off still, vs anyone around his size. He excels at things that could slow RJJ’s strengths down and hes such a skilled technician that he could at least be competitive fighting RJJ’s fight as well.

Roy himself said that Ward would've been a threat to him. That could've been a good fight too, even though I dislike Ward. Would've paid to see it.

Roy himself said that Ward would've been a threat to him. That could've been a good fight too, even though I dislike Ward. Would've paid to see it.
Awesome fantasy fight.

Nobody. In his prime he was just on a different level. I recall Tommy Morrison watching him fight and remarking that for it to be fair there should be two people fighting him at once. I think that sums it up pretty well.

Only one, who has more than a puncher's chance, I can think of is at LHW and that's Michael Spinks. And that's only because of his style, physical attributes and pedigree and how they all match up against RJJ.

Cruiser and Heavyweight, though, have tons of ppl who'd beat him easy.

I notice some ppl saying Ward. Ward would get sonned worse than James Toney.
No knockout but he would just win on the outside 8 - 4, at worst.

Super Middleweight IDK but middleweight Canelo and GGG would knock him out.

AHAHAHAHA, can't wait to see what you'd come up with when it's actually April Fool's day.

RJJ would comfortably decision Ward. I'd guess SRR at 160 but that's mostly just based on what people say about him who were around at the time.

So why would you ever go by some mans
Opinion over what you can actually see for yourself.

Rickson Gracie is 400 and 0 super well rounded never lost a fight ever.

I know you look at the tape and can see he’s human but I’ve seen the fights not on tape and he did everything better than every fighter b fire and after him.

That’s the only reason a boxing fan would ever say srr is the best ever.

Maybe he was but certainly he’s not if you watch his actual fights.
But fuck that. Some old guy told me that’s only like 30% of how good he actually was so I’m gonna go with this mans opinion and just say he’s the greatest fighter I too have seen. Because even Roy Jones jr. was in slow motion compared to srr. Just don’t look at the tapes! Ask an old guy and trust his memory.

I'm seeing a lot of Andre Ward responses. Everyone knows I love Ward,.....prime RJJ would knock Ward the fuck out.

The only ones that would beat RJJ would be the old timers. SRR would beat him at middleweight, probably by KO. Ezzard Charles & Jimmy Bivins would beat the shit out of him at SMW or LHW.

I'm seeing a lot of Andre Ward responses. Everyone knows I love Ward,.....prime RJJ would knock Ward the fuck out.

The only ones that would beat RJJ would be the old timers. SRR would beat him at middleweight, probably by KO. Ezzard Charles & Jimmy Bivins would beat the shit out of him at SMW or LHW.
No fucking way some malnourished guy from the middle ages beats Jones. LOL

From 160-175lbs, absolutely nobody. It's truly rare to be able to say that about a fighter across 3 weight classes.
At 175lbs, it does get a bit riskier, but quite frankly he looked invincible there, too.
There's two men that have the biggest chance:
Monzon at 160 and Charles at 175. But I don't rate their chances much.
I cannot believe people are saying Andre Ward. Bizarre. I think he loses 9-3 at very least.

Back