Who's the 3 best boxers currently in the UFC?

Who's the 3 best boxers currently in the UFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Topuria - Dustin - OMalley
Garbrandt has been at every third red moon

Gaethje - too many haymakers and off balance
Pereira - bad defense against right hands and his kicks make him strong.
Petr Yan - plots too much - lacks fast footwork
Holloway - yeah good, but takes too many punches, lacks power, no reach
Aspinall - for a heavyweight yes, but heavyweights usually lack technique due to physics
Adesanya - got schooled by Strickland
Strickland - has a bad right hand
Conor - is more of a sniper than a boxer, but really good
Costa - wtf is he doing here?

Topuria - Dustin - OMalley
Garbrandt has been at every third red moon

Gaethje - too many haymakers and off balance
Pereira - bad defense against right hands and his kicks make him strong.
Petr Yan - plots too much - lacks fast footwork
Holloway - yeah good, but takes too many punches, lacks power, no reach
Aspinall - for a heavyweight yes, but heavyweights usually lack technique due to physics
Adesanya - got schooled by Strickland
Strickland - has a bad right hand
Conor - is more of a sniper than a boxer, but really good
Costa - wtf is he doing here?

Costa shouldn't have been on there, my mistake.

I got Poirier, Holloway and Yan.

Poirier has surprisingly good defense (best display of this was against Holloway, in my opinion), some good power and combos, good footwork and head movement. His hooks look a bit weird, but he has had a lot of success with mainly his hands so who cares. More unique punching style!

Holloway displays some crisp hands, fast combos, usually excellent distance management and pressure. Holloway is more of a volume puncher, but can put more oomph into his punches when he sees fit. He has handled pretty much anyone in the division (FW) but Volkanovski and does the most of his work with his hands. Best performances against Kattar and.. I don’t know, he has a million fights and good performances!

Yan is a great boxer (in MMA, who knows how good he would be in a ring). Very good both offensively and defensively, great footwork and can pressure the hell out of his opponents. Can’t wait to see him fight again.

I felt Cody Garbrandt was one of the better boxers skill wise when his uncle was training him. Not mentioning his fight iq when he throws it out the window and goes into shootout mode, which results in his light switch getting turned off.

Conor was never a good boxer, isn't and never will be. His Karate-like kickboxing style served him well to a point, when he dove deeper into pure boxing he only got slower and less effective IMO.
Well poirier who has the most votes here had to mix in takedowns and kicks to beat him so explain that?

Of people currently on the roster I suspect Alex P would have the best chance of having sucess as a boxer.
His hands aren't that good, and neither is his defense and head movement. He has tremendous power which he mixes in with his kicks and knees which makes him so dangerous. In terms of straight boxing Izzy was getting the better of him but Alex's calf kicks are what gives Izzy the most problems. Even jan and jiri could have knocked him out if not for those kicks

Petr Yan by far
You're crazy, I thought he beat O'Malley but he had to use his full arsenal of MMA techniques because he couldn't deal with O'Malley's boxing using his own as he has done in the past. He panic wrestled and was throwing awkward kicks from out of range, even he knew his boxing wasn't at O'Malley's level

its a weird question to ask. you mean who has the best hands striking? hard to know since kicks and takedowns change the way a “boxer” approaches an mma fight.

Not a fan of him, but Cody Necktat' has a crisp boxing, way better than a lot of fighters from this list

Last edited:
I think Omalley has the best boxing in the UFC. Everybody who fights the guy fears trying to mix up boxing with this guy, even yan and yan is up there as one of the best boxers as well. After Omalley it's kind of hard to say but I think people are sleeping on topuria. He's got crisp boxing, good power, good defense. I haven't seen anybody really give him problems with boxing yet, he's been caught with kicks and knees a few times but you can't penalize his boxing for that. Poirier is good but I think some people overrate him. He beat Conor twice and people say that he outboxed him but if you study those fights closely you'll see that he really didn't. Conor was landing the better punches and stunned poirier early in that second fight but poirier is the better MMA fighter and Conor couldn't adjust to the low kicks and grappling

its a weird question to ask. you mean who has the best hands striking? hard to know since kicks and takedowns change the way a “boxer” approaches an mma fight.

Boxing technique per se. Not necessarily the whole completeness of the striking arsenal. Than Adesanya would be up there as well as Yair Rodriguez who's not on the poll.

His hands aren't that good, and neither is his defense and head movement. He has tremendous power which he mixes in with his kicks and knees which makes him so dangerous. In terms of straight boxing Izzy was getting the better of him but Alex's calf kicks are what gives Izzy the most problems. Even jan and jiri could have knocked him out if not for those kicks
Izzy's performance against Strickland doesn't really fill me with confidence about how he'd do in a boxing match against people who would also likely fight with a tight defence and would have the bigger gloves for defence as indeed would Alex.

Poirier and Max at 1 and 2 on this vote is mind boggling to me.

1 has absolutely terrible boxing defense and the other mostly throws looping hooks like Wanderlei and was sent to the shadowrealm by Michael Johnson in like a minute due to his boxing.

I think Strickland, Alex and O'Malley are all better boxers than those 2.

O'Malley, Holloway and Strickland.

I usually avoid these things because I just don't know, but those 3 do very little other than box, yet are at the very top.

kevin holland but ppl gonna hate cuz he lost a split to jdm or some shit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back