Who's the most well-rounded among the 3: GSP, MM, Bones

Not a fan but I'll admit DJ. Jones and GDP are close. If you take roids out of my consideration I'd say jones, can't take him down and he is better than GSP In the clinch and about even standing.

MM
GSP/Jones

oh sorry, it's the opposite

Jones doesn't have KO power considering he is a LHW

GSP doesn't have the same thing plus Jones an MM have shown more diversity in their BJJ (more attempts and more finishes with different subs)
It made sense to me, man. I could tell that the things you were listing were what they lacked.

LOL at this thread. You cant even make a valid argument for any order other than the correct one:

MM
GSP
Jones

Jon Jones

the other 2 are a million miles behind.

Probably GSP, but he doesn't show it. Jones.

I have:

Jones
GSP
MM

Jones was the most well-rounder MMA fighter to fight in the octagon. GSP comes second (looked unbeatable in his prime, avenged his two losses brilliantly). I have MM third because he's fighting, imo, in a weaker division.
Lhw is weaker then Flyweight skill wise. Jones striking also looks like crap whenever he doesn't have a 12" reach advantage.

Technically speaking mm is vastly superior to Jones in striking

Listen I can't stand GSP.

Or either of those other guys tbh. Striking is a huge park of mma and there's variables.

For example, GSP has an excellent jab and straight right.

Like, way fucking better than anything Jones or Mouse do standing. He can win pretty much all his standup exchanges with two punches.
He does not have good straight right. His left hook is better though he used it less in his later fights.

Gsp does have good stand up but he adapts a stance which allows him to use his lead hand most effectively. The trade off in this is his right hand suffers, which is fine, it's a stylistic choice . But he does not have a good straight right.

1: MM
2: GSP
3: Jones

MM is definitely the one who's most comfortable doing everything. GSP is a little bit stiff when it comes to throwing combinations, and Jones lacks som positional BJJ despite having really good submissions.

I'm going with GSP, because higher level competition than MM and didn't have big physical advantages over everyone he fought or take steroids like Jones.

I'm going with GSP, because higher level competition than MM and didn't have big physical advantages over everyone he fought or take steroids like Jones.
That’s an urban legend. His level of competition was not higher than another division. They banged on that for so long to sell what were at the time the manlet fights. LHW was the best division by a wide margin until Jones made them all look like children.

MM first and i'd have Jones edging GSP because he can finish anywhere.

Back