Whose UFC Career Disappointed You the Most?

At this point, Michael Johnson.

I thought he was going to be a bona fide top 5 guy after he dismantled Edson.

This is bang on. Velasquez absolutely destroyed Lesnar, JDS and TRT Bigfoot. He was a wrecking ball that could take down 99% of fighters, vicious ground and pound, good dirty boxing and endless cardio in a division where nobody has any cardio. He could have been an all time great or a legend of the sport, but he'll be remembered as a bit of an enigma or a what if, which is a shame. Since 2013 he's only fought twice, lost once and beat a nobody in Travis Brown. So he basically accomplished nothing after the age of 30.

He never fought Stipe, rematched Werdum, Ngannou, Overeem or (as yet) won the title again.
Yeah agreed man, its so frustrating, its beyond frustrating. I really feel like Cain could beat anyone, but he just never fights. Its one injury after another after another after another.

This is the UFC official top 15 HW rankings, and Cain has only fought 1 guy in it which is Werdum, and that was a loss. He has fought no one else in it, that just shows you how much in the past he is now

18136142_600303396826857_728122879_n.png

Denis Kang. He's a local guy so of course I root for him. So much talent, such bad fight IQ.

Hector Lombard, I didn't expect him to be champion at his size with his style, but was really looking forward to seeing him against top competition.

How is Lombard not the answer?

Dude had huge hype.... was hyped as the man to beat Anderson Silva and was basically not even a top10 fighter in the end.

Paul Semtex Daley... dumb decision after a frustrating loss and he's permanently banned.

How is Lombard not the answer?

Dude had huge hype.... was hyped as the man to beat Anderson Silva and was basically not even a top10 fighter in the end.

This is probably the right call. To go from the killer he was to getting KOd by Anthony Hamilton?

Will Brooks, Gunni, and Luke Cockhold. Gunni still has a chance, Luke I think will become the MW Pettis, he's got a massive hole in his game and his pride won't allow him to fix it.

2 of the guys on your list are former UFC champions...what a disappointment
The fact that they were still viewed as disappointments shows how highly touted they were by their fans. People were wondering if Rua should have called it a career after the Sonnen fight.

Cro Cop and it's not even close. At least with Shogun, you can look to the Liddell fight as a highlight. With Big Nog, you can look to the Couture fight. With Cro Cop, you really have nothing but mediocrity. Some less than inspiring wins against lousy opponents and a bunch of highlight reel KO losses against guys he really shouldn't have been getting knocked out by. The ONLY Cro Cop UFC fight I'll go back and watch is the Gonzaga rematch. But even that fight sucked for the first two rounds before he woke up and actually fought like he wanted to win.

Back