Why are people are calling stipe the goat?

Probably because “GOAT” sounds better for marketing than “42 year old guy who hasn’t competed in multiple years and who did 0 offense in his last fight, looking nothing whatsoever like his prime prior to getting brutally finished.”

Hes the ufc hw goat because there really hasnt been a dominate ufc hw champ ever. His accomplishment isn't that great when compared to goats of other divisions though. Hes like a placeholder goat. We juat waiting for someone to actually be a great hw champ.

Well, Jones is pushing that narrative hard that Stipe is HW GOAT, because he wants to try and claim that for himself by beating a 41 year old Stipe that should’ve retired several years ago.

Neither Stipe or Jones will ever be HW GOAT.
I mean if a 41 year MW hendo can do it to an alleged goat...

upload_2023-10-9_21-14-56.png

Even jones is calling him like that, it's above me

goat of what? goat of getting knock out by struve , cormier and ngannou?
hes the HW GOAT
prime fedor wont survive if he fought all those killers that stipe fought
fedors best wins where nog and cro cop

fedor loved losing in a drug testing org

32 year old prime fedor got ktfo by oldman hendo
i dont think anyone here would give hendo a chance
even against an old stipe

People call him the HW Goat because he has the most HW title defenses in the UFC, which is at 3. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but that's the record. That's the record at LW too btw and part of the reason people call Khabib the LW Goat, that and he's better than the other guys who had 3 title defenses at LW, arguably. Again it doesn't sound like a lot but the records are records. Everybody knows Fedor is the true HW Goat but when it comes to the UFC it's Stipe. It is what it is.
you believe fedor can survive against the killers that stipe fought?
im 100 percent sure stipe would wipe out the entire pride fighters
in 1 year

best wins where cro cop and nog wtf

yeah and drug testing ruined prime 32 yr old fedor in america

Jones is saying it because when he beats an old, way past his prime Stipe, he beat the HW GOAT.

There are UFC HW’s with better resume than him. I also don’t know where that is coming from lol. He was an average fighter at best…

There are UFC HW’s with better resume than him. I also don’t know where that is coming from lol. He was an average fighter at best…

There aren't, really. Sure, Stipe isn't a lock for UFC HW GOAT, but he's up there in contention, and he's got the record for most title defenses. Which, you could argue, gives him the lead.

Even jones is calling him like that, it's above me

goat of what? goat of getting knock out by struve , cormier and ngannou?
Coming from a guy with a fighter in his av who got dominated by old man Glover, got KOed by a wrestler with a 50% record, TKOed by a UFC reject with a 50% record you talk big ...

Also lost to Stipe, is 1-2 vs Cain. That's a part of the equation.
Stipe never faced someone like Cain.

I'd argue JDS has a much better resume than Stipe. Beating Werdum, Cain, Carwin, Mir, Stipe, Hunt, i really don't see anyone else with a better resume. Werdum could have a case because of Fedor and Stipe is up there too ofc, but he's not clearly the Ufc HW GOAT imo...

Coming from a guy with a fighter in his av who got dominated by old man Glover, got KOed by a wrestler with a 50% record, TKOed by a UFC reject with a 50% record you talk big ...
why are you so triggered ? are you in love with stipe ?

Stop judging me according to my avatar please, i hate Jiri i want to show his asymetric nipples thats all

BTW jiri TKO stipe in round 1 anydays

Stipe is clearly the heavyweight goat, but he isn’t the heavyweight goat becuase he’s so far ahead skillwise of everyone else who might have reached that title in the modern era, it’s cause everyone else fell off

JDS had a better prime
Cain had a better prime
Werdum had a better prime
Fedor, as close as he is now, started to lose to the next gen at just 32, and that 31-0 (1) doesn’t look as good when you see how many weird Japanese guys with losing records are thrown in there

I am pretty sure they mean HW goat

UFC HW goat isn't like a real title, it's a marketing claim because there's nobody else with more than a few defenses either.

Stipe is clearly the heavyweight goat, but he isn’t the heavyweight goat becuase he’s so far ahead skillwise of everyone else who might have reached that title in the modern era, it’s cause everyone else fell off

JDS had a better prime
Cain had a better prime
Werdum had a better prime
Fedor, as close as he is now, started to lose to the next gen at just 32, and that 31-0 (1) doesn’t look as good when you see how many weird Japanese guys with losing records are thrown in there
Fedor has more ranked wins, more title wins, and more title defenses than Stipe— and he did it in one continuous, undefeated streak. Fedor also beat the same number of former/future UFC champs in that streak as Stipe did in his whole career(and none of them also have a win over Fedor, as JDS and DC do for Stipe), and more former/future UFC champs overall when compared career to career.
Stipe has no claim whatssoever to being HW GOAT.
None.
Nada.
Zero.

Back