Why are ps4 controllers such GARBAGE?

Just go on youtube for 'fixing ps4 controller drift' and follow the instructions. Two small pieces likely just have some dust on them that you can clean out with some isopropyl alcohol, tweezers(if you have large fingers) and qtips. I had the same thing happen to 2 other controllers until I decided to see if there was some easy fix before buying a new one. Just make sure you check if some of the qtip hairs are on the pads before putting the controller back together or you'll have to take it apart again. Be careful when your taking off the faceplate of the controller because the ribbon can rip if you just try yanking it off since its a little hard to get off the first time you open it up.

I use the standard controllers for watching tv on the ps4. They stay on the whole time you’re watching tv. We have to cycle them out probably about every day for charging. They are both like 5-6 years old though so the batteries aren’t exactly new anymore
I'm used to using the PS3 controller to watch videos. If you hold down the PS button, you can power off the controller and the video will resume playing. Never tried that with PS4 video player.

I like the PS3 video player much better than PS4, but PS4 will play some stuff PS3 won't.

The PS3 controllers should have used something like square head screws. The shitty Phillips heads stripped and can't unscrew it anymore.

I never had a technical issue with any ps4 controller but i fucking hate them. The battery is terrible. You really shouldn't need to recharge a controller battery every week or month.

Yeah, my right analog stick for my PS4 controller is fubar'ed. It makes playing UFC 3 tough because my grappling is handicapped. I also don't like how sensitive the back L/R buttons are. If I'm watching something or using the browser, I have to set the control down very gentle or else it'll screw up.

I never had a technical issue with any ps4 controller but i fucking hate them. The battery is terrible. You really shouldn't need to recharge a controller battery every week or month.
Just plug it into the playstation when your done playing...

Just plug it into the playstation when your done playing...
I don't keep electronical devices plugged in when i'm done using them. You can charge the PS4 controller directly from the wall socket like a smartphone though. My complaint is not so much that i can't find a workaround for the problem but much rather that i don't feel like i should have to find a workaround because it shouldn't be a problem. Before i had a PS4, i used an Xbox 360 which used AA batteries for the controller. I had to change them maybe 1-2 times a year, so the PS4 controller feels like an absolute regression in technology as far as basic convenience goes.

I have a DS4 for my PC, never had any issues ever. I do plug it in so obviously that eliminates that battery life problem.

Same thing with DS3, never had issues other then then needing to pull them apart to clean internally every now and then. Never had issues with the ribbon coming detached or anything and they got a lot of use.

For the folks having issues with the sticks, open them up and give it a good cleaning and that will probably solve it. Controllers are pretty basic to work on.

I think the PS4 controllers are the best from the 4 consoles Sony has released. I agree with the others about the battery life.

My cousin had this issue. His ps4 was still under warranty though so he got a new one for free and he’s been good ever since. I’ve never experienced it out of my three controllers.
2 out of 2 times I sent back my PS3 controller for warranty replacement, they sent me back some used refurbished controller. If I wanted used, I'd buy used. Those controllers also later had involuntary left stick problems.

I have a DS4 for my PC, never had any issues ever. I do plug it in so obviously that eliminates that battery life problem.

Same thing with DS3, never had issues other then then needing to pull them apart to clean internally every now and then. Never had issues with the ribbon coming detached or anything and they got a lot of use.

For the folks having issues with the sticks, open them up and give it a good cleaning and that will probably solve it. Controllers are pretty basic to work on.
I played this game multiple times daily for a few years and my stick shaft grinded a lot against the controller rim and left a lot of fine plastic dust in the area. I assumed the PS3 controller problems had to do with the dust, so attempted to open it and clean any dust out. Didn't find any and after plucking off the stick mushroom shaft, couldn't really access the mechanical stick parts underneath. I think maybe it was soldered on.

I've owned 3 controllers for the ps4, no issues with any.... but that fucking battery life pisses me off and they suck to connect to pc's, through bluetooth or usb.

Seriously every ps4 controller I've ever had has stick drift lol like how did Sony manage such a trash controller this gen?

Sounds dumb but if you rotate the stick around while blowing into it really hard it removes the loose "bits" and stops the drift happening. You maybe have to do it once in awhile but it stops it. As an FPS player knocking off my precision pissed me off like anything.

I actually saw this at the Wal-Mart of all places a few days ago. Priced at $199:
1600x900_Dallas_Key_4Sony_6-1480x833.jpg

All I could think was, "That's nearly the same cost as the damn console."

The fact this product exists does not make sense to me.
Scuffs are also insane in price.

Ive had 5 controllers only one has drift and is not really noticeable, only felt it in warzone because the cursor was hovering when i i opened the map.

I’ve been really unhappy with controller quality this gen. 2 of my 4 PS4 controllers have had minor drift with the left analog. Jiggling the stick usually fixes it.

My XB1 and Switch controllers have made it damn near unplayable. All 3 of my XB1 controllers have drift issues with the left stick, but it can’t be corrected without turning the controller off. It’s like the down direction sudden locks in place.

The Switch has been by Far the worst. 2 sets of joy cons sent back for repair and are starting to Experience minor drift again. One of my pro controllers has general drift issues, but constantly loses connectivity with the Switch and has to be re-synced.

Sounds dumb but if you rotate the stick around while blowing into it really hard it removes the loose "bits" and stops the drift happening. You maybe have to do it once in awhile but it stops it. As an FPS player knocking off my precision pissed me off like anything.

I figured out the problem and it's not my stick, its actually my L2 button causing the problem. Whenever I press it it makes my character move forward but I only notice it on certain games.
I have been playing snowrunner and it's no problem whatsoever, but If I try to play UFC anytime I try to throw a body shot my character just sways to the side. Lol

Seriously every ps4 controller I've ever had has stick drift lol like how did Sony manage such a trash controller this gen?

The Xb1 controllers are shit too. The L3 button when you push in the stick is prone to breaking making it so that it clicks around when you press it. It doesn't render the controller unusable, but it fucks up the controls when you want say fast skate in NHL or sprint in a first person shooter.

I've only broken one that way, but a friend of mine that comes over and games has probably fucked up about 8 of my controllers in that aspect. After the first few I just kept the receipt and had him return them when he broke it. I eventually bought a $180 elite controller. I've had it for a couple of years now and it's been fine. My buddy that kept fucking up my controllers bought one too, and I make him use his own when he comes over now.

The battery sucks but I find them to be very durable. I still have my original controllers from 2014.

I actually like how the Xbox uses removable batteries. I have a slew of rechargeable AA's that always keep charged for my controllers and other other electronic devices, so I never have to worry about plugging my controller in.

I used a folded up old t-shirt 4 ply, a rectangle of ripstop cotton scrap, a rectangle of scrap spandex and made an ok thumbpad and thumb is now having a chance to heal and not get worse.

I might try to make another using a piece of old Dr. Scholl's gel pad.

I actually saw this at the Wal-Mart of all places a few days ago. Priced at $199:
1600x900_Dallas_Key_4Sony_6-1480x833.jpg

All I could think was, "That's nearly the same cost as the damn console."

The fact this product exists does not make sense to me.

Premium third party controllers have always been pretty expensive. Can't remember then name of the brand, but even a decade again, there were brands that sold for 120+ dollars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back