Why are we pretending Gaethje is a bigger win than Volk?

Well I've seen Volk get rocked and dropped multiple times and I've never seen Khabib rocked or dropped. Maybe their chins are identical. Maybe Volk just sucks at reacting to shots and Khabib is great at it like you said.. So maybe Topuria fight wouldn't have made any difference regardless of Islam KO since Volk clearly doesn't roll with punches as well anyways.
Yeah and I've seen Volkanovski take much bigger shots and in worse places. I've been saying a bunch of stuff alluding to that in like the last 2 or 3 posts you replied to...

Yeah and I've seen Volkanovski take much bigger shots and in worse places. I've been saying a bunch of stuff alluding to that in like the last 2 or 3 posts you replied to...

Problem is I responded to you saying "greatly compromised chin"

with saying I don't see anybody really taking that punch regardless

then you started tagging on more stuff to the "greatly compromised chin"

now it was also his reaction time and this and that

with your reasoning you might as well say that Volk would've never even been up against the cage because he would've reacted much better to the very first punches thrown in the middle of the octagon in that sequence

which very well could be true

also got any examples of the much bigger shots that Volk took from KO punchers?

LOL @ “losing”. Shut up dude.

Another way to spin it would be Ilia did in less than 2 rounds what Max couldn’t do in 15 rounds.

Fine.

Topuria was getting outstruck before he knocked Volk out.

Does that hurt your feelings less?

You always see these types of posts after a fight is over with and how sure people were of the result.

Decided to check what you said before the fight and here it is:

Max all the way huh?
goddamn Paulie Walnuts pullin out the reciepts!

Problem is I responded to you saying "greatly compromised chin"

with saying I don't see anybody really taking that punch regardless

then you started tagging on more stuff to the "greatly compromised chin"

now it was also his reaction time and this and that

with your reasoning you might as well say that Volk would've never even been up against the cage because he would've reacted much better to the very first punches thrown in the middle of the octagon in that sequence

which very well could be true

also got any examples of the much bigger shots that Volk took from KO punchers?
I didn't tag on anything, when you get KOed it's not just your ability to take a punch that gets compromised its also your reaction time. And when you can react you can roll with punches or make sure you don't take them to vulnerable areas or outright dodge the strike all of which reduces the chances of being KOed. I didn't think this needed to be explained to you but I was obviously wrong.

You're adding qualifiers to my statements now, I didn't say bigger shots from KO punchers, please don't straw man me and read my statements as is. Volkanovski took bigger shots from Mendes and Holloway than any I can remember Khabib taking other than maybe one punch from Gaethje. The kick from Barbosa he took landed with the back of his Calf cause he was too close for it to land right and the punch from Dustin he rolled with very well.

Last edited:
I understand how susceptible sherdog is to recency bias and now that Max just had the biggest moment of UFC 300 everyone is ready to crown him p4p goat, but y'all must have forgot that the guy had no answer for Volk and failed in 3 attempts to defeat him.

Topuria is like a quicker younger Volk that will hit him much harder, I don't get this narrative that Max is just gonna go back to 145 and take the title.

Gaethje is definitely a solid win, but it's been done before, he's been finished by several dudes before, and he's good but he's simply not a championship level fighter.

I didn't understand all the people saying Max was gonna get dusted in that fight, I was picking Max all the way, one of the most dominant FW champions vs a fringe top 5 LW who never touched a title.

Now I couldn't predict the way Max would beat him of course, I had Max by cruise control decision and we were a second away from exactly that.

I definitely enjoyed the way it went down in the end as much as the next guy.

That said, if Max tries that with Ilia, it will be him that gets sent to the realm of shadows.

That performance does make the fight a bit more interesting because before that I wouldn't even give Max another shot at that title, but I still don't see him winning that fight. Ilia will put his lights out standing and Max is not outgrappling him, forget the final 5 seconds of Max/Justin and snap yourselves back to reality... Max had a great run, but Topuria is the present and the future in that division.

Because Max nut riders are delusional

I didn't tag on anything, when you get KOed it's not just your ability to take a punch that gets compromised its also your reaction time. And when you can react you can roll with punches or make sure you don't take them to vulnerable areas, I didn't think this needed to be explained to you but I was obviously wrong.

Then don't explicitly say "compromised chin" say Volk was compromised, period.

I understand how susceptible sherdog is to recency bias and now that Max just had the biggest moment of UFC 300 everyone is ready to crown him p4p goat, but y'all must have forgot that the guy had no answer for Volk and failed in 3 attempts to defeat him.

You're an idiot. Most people thought Max won the second fight.

Then don't explicitly say "compromised chin" say Volk was compromised, period.
Jesus are you dense or something? Compromised chin also means reflexes, you have watched MMA long enough to know this. I'll stop overestimating your intelligence and won't assume you know things you should know by now. You've watched MMA for at least 14 years you should know that KOs and coming back from them too fast also impacts reaction time.

Jesus are you dense or something? Compromised chin also means reflexes, you have watched MMA long enough to know this. I'll stop overestimating your intelligence and treat you like a child since that's clearly what you're asking for.

So you are saying that a good chin encompasses being able to react and roll with punches?

I don't think you know what the word "convincingly" means.
Oh, you're not convinced? I dunno man. All three times he beat him. All three times he convinced the judges he was the winner.

You know better though?

Max beating Gaethje (FW beating a LW) is a bigger win than Islam beating Volk (a LW beating a FW)

Fine.

Topuria was getting outstruck before he knocked Volk out.

Does that hurt your feelings less?
So what you’re saying is he was winning until he lost or some Sherbro thing like that?

Cool story bro, noted.

So what you’re saying is he was winning until he lost or some Sherbro thing like that?

Cool story bro, noted.

I'm pointing out that more happened in the fight than the finish. Max got a finish against Gaethje but that's not the most interesting thing about the fight. You aren't a very good fight analyst if all you are paying attention to is the finish.

To me, Max beating Gaethje pillar to post is more impressive than Topuria getting outstruck and knocking out Volk 4 months after he was previously KO'd.

There's a lot of discussion about how long you gotta recover after a KO - and maybe Volk's 3-4 months was not enough

Would 6 months rest have made a big difference?

Is the medical community in agreement that resting 6, 9 or 12 months after a KO makes a huge difference compared to only 4?

(Serious question, I have no idea - besides that I heard guesses)

Back