Why Aren't UFC Fighters Allowed the Luxury of Smoking Marijuana?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I've never understood why UFC fighters are not allowed to smoke weed, it's not like it has any effect on training or fighting. Smoking it in competition is banned but honestly fighters should be able to smoke weed whenever they want, have they not earned that right? The NFL and NBA doesn't care if players smoke weed, so my question is why does the UFC make such a big deal of it?

I've never understood why UFC fighters are not allowed to smoke weed, it's not like it has any effect on training or fighting. Smoking it in competition is banned but honestly fighters should be able to smoke weed whenever they want, have they not earned that right? The NFL and NBA doesn't care if players smoke weed, so my question is why does the UFC make such a big deal of it?
Cus diz world is effed

oh man, if you were here a few years ago you would hear a bunch of posters talk about how its a PED because you can get hit in the face repeatedly and not feel it

i have no idea - weed cures all, if more people smoked weed, we'd prob hav a lot less angry assholes everywhere - my friend used to play football at UCLA, only way he could get through the day to day grind was to puff a bit - better than pain killers - most of his team did so as well

2925ce6d66b36257ee90a0d315d1a9187509d5f70aef1ca759a530e560600a4a.jpg

Primarily because it's banned on the federal level.
yep, the pharmaceutical companies keep the country nice and brainwashed so they can peddle their harmful drugs for more money

record, record, record amounts of lobbying going on to keep their drugs selling

They are allowed to smoke weed. Just not in competition, which is a pretty small window.

They are allowed to smoke weed. Just not in competition, which is a pretty small window.
What's considered in competition? Because Brandao and Nick Diaz really got shafted.

Isn't it only banned like 1 or 2 weeks before the fight?

I thought it was only banned IN competition.

What's considered in competition? Because Brandao and Nick Diaz really got shafted.

I believe it's within a day or two of the actual fight. So you just have to stop smoking a few weeks out. Nick got screwed but mostly because the tests were contradicting. Ridiculous situation

Weed's no good. As enticing as the high is, it's probably best if you didn't smoke it.

They have since raised the threshold for a positive weed test, you almost have to be high the day of the fight to get caught. However I agree with your sentiment they shouldn't be testing for the devil's lettuce period.

Do you also think fighters should be able to enter the cage drunk?

btw UFC (Wada) threshold for Cannabis is 150 ng/ml (but they dont get charged till it hits 170 ng/ml)

Air force, army, police and the like its about 25-30ng/ml

NCAA.... ZERO NG/ML threshold

it means having clean urine when you fight - that depends on 1) how often you smoke 2) how recently you smoked 3) how fat you are, to an extent

im outting myself as a weed head w these comments

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back