Why aren't Wilders looping punches more common in boxing?

Fighters loop shots all the time, but choose their spots more carefully because of the defensive risks. Straight beats round and relying on looping punches all the time is a recipe for disaster. Wilder has freak dimensions that let him get away with it, but it has nearly cost him in several fights, and he would look more impressive if he had a more sound technical base.

This is just not recommended.

giphy.gif
TBF, he only goes into super spaz mode when he thinks he's got his opponent hurt.
If he always started fights like this he'd already have been KTFO even against the opposition he's faced.

TBF, he only goes into super spaz mode when he thinks he's got his opponent hurt.
If he always started fights like this he'd already have been KTFO even against the opposition he's faced.
This. This is where Deontay is most vulnerable. He goes balls to the wall for the kill and thomrows himself way off balance. He must tear his muscles a lot throwing those kind of punches

Fighters loop shots all the time, but choose their spots more carefully because of the defensive risks. Straight beats round and relying on looping punches all the time is a recipe for disaster. Wilder has freak dimensions that let him get away with it, but it has nearly cost him in several fights, and he would look more impressive if he had a more sound technical base.

giphy.gif

Why is the referee stepping in here?????

Those punches can't be legal. It's impossible for him to land on the front knuckles on that angle.

lol--Well, end of the fight.

Wilder knocked him down less then a minute earlier, and nailed him with several shots leading up to the fight being waved off.

It looked like an early stoppage, but after Gerald was wobbling all over the place so...

Maidana threw some loopy ass punches

giphy.gif
That's just plain ugly man..

I been saying this for ages that Wilder is doing this so called "sloppy" technique on purpose. He is throwing this wide reckless loopy shots and also he is hitting with his wrists on purpose.

Its very effective and guys can't see it coming or get out of the way quick enough, and he has crazy power, he has huge power in both hands.

People that keep saying his boxing skills are so bad, just don't get it. They probably never will get it. Anyways I expect Wilder to keep being undefeated for a long time and knocking out every opponent. Fundamental and too the book trained boxers are just a waiting victim for him and stuck in old times with old fogey trainers.

Gervonta Tank Davis clowned on Wilder on Twitter saying he fights like a girl and swings his arms like a female aka wind mills

Gervonta Tank Davis clowned on Wilder on Twitter saying he fights like a girl and swings his arms like a female aka wind mills
I've dated quite a few women but I don't think I've ever dated one who was a windmill

"Deontay only gets away with his wild sloppy punches because he is so tall and strong, but Ortiz had him hurt bad, that only goes to show you a prime Tyson would have destroyed him if you can get in on the middle or down inside Deontay i screwed, also guys with straight punches should take advantage when he telegraphs

If you want to see someone who does the perfect looping punches watch Juan Manuel Marquez when he dropped Manny Pacquiao the first time before knocking him out, Pac couldn't tell you need long ass arms too like Marquez to get away with it, its hard to avoid because they loop it over the top

pacquiao-gets-knocked-out-data.gif

Gervonta Davis might be a tiny Manlet but he is also correct. Although at heavyweight all you really need is power and Deontay has plenty of power. But he also leaves himself wide open for counters on the reg.

Calzaghe and Margarito threw looping punches but the main reason is, especially at weights other than heavyweight, it leaves yourself open to being countered by a straight left or right down the pipe.
floyd also threw looping punches. it's a way to vary your offense to get around the other guy's defense.

don't know how anybody could crtiicize wilder...i mean, how many times has wilder been dropped? which of his opponents has he NOT ko'd? how many fights has he lost? the guy has a damn near perfect record and mfkers on here talking stupid shit about how he sometimes loops punches. if he was so flawed, how come nobody he has fought, including ortiz, arreola, stiverne, etc...how come NOBODY has been able to take advantage and hand him a loss?

if anything, goes to show a fighter could have flaws and still be head and shoulders above the rest of the competitiion...that makes him a great fighter, until proven otherwise.

Back