Why Conor Should not be Supported

krelianx

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is an entertainment business, but this is not a movie, there are real people and lives involved.

Conor's antics were not only illegal, but he injured innocent people. Among them, he injured Ray Borg, who has a newborn son who is struggling to survive after brain surgery. His eye was cut by glass and he could not fight. He is not a wealthy fighter, either.

He injured the hand of some UFC worker, who had absolutely nothing to do with this mess. Not to mention that to assault a fighter and his crowd when they're in the middle of a weight cut, the day before fighting is, well, plain cowardly.

Some might say that all of these people will sue Conor and make millions. But things are not as simple. Litigations take time and resources, particularly against someone with as much money as McGregor. It could take years.

If Conor had a morsel of dignity and honor, he would stop trying to emulate a mobster, and pay the people he injured promptly a fair compensation, without the need for arduous trials. But that won't happen.

Last edited:
You're supporting him right now by talking about him.

Isn't Ray Borg being investigated for fraud or some serious shit himself?

giphy.gif

eh he's a dick head and I dont like em. but then again I'd prolly be the same if i was rich af and got paid to beat ppl up for a living so it doesnt bother me much

So your opinion is that Conor throwing a dolly through the bus window was a shitty thing to do.

What a new and controversial take on the situation!

As far as I know Ray Borg is being sued for breach of contract. Unless I missed something he hasn't being charged or accused of fraud or any other criminal activity.

This is an entertainment business, but this is not a movie, there are real people and lives involved.

Conor's antics were not only illegal, but he injured innocent people. Among them, he injured Ray Borg, preventing him to fight. Borg currently has a newborn son who is struggling to survive after brain surgeries. His eye was cut by glass and he could not fight. He is not a wealthy fighter, either.

He injured the hand of some UFC worker, who had absolutely nothing to do with this mess. Not to mention that to assault a fighter and his crowd when they're in the middle of a weight cut, the day before fighting is, well, plain cowardly.

Some might say that all of these people will sue Conor and make millions. But things are not as simple. Litigations take time and resources, particularly against someone with as much money as McGregor. It could take years.

If Conor had a morsel of dignity and honor, he would stop trying to emulate a mobster, and pay the people he injured promptly a fair compensation, without the need for arduous trials. But that won't happen.

Conor is getting everybody on his fight card PAID more than they've ever been paid before for a fight, he's changing the game on how fighters should be paid, if you hate his actics, then you support fighters being poor and broke after they retire.

Being the aids of mma TS is certainly not supportable by any rational fan.

After Alvarez fight Conor start drinking alcohol and I stop believe in his ability and I know he will gas out against Floyd because he start training to late he didn't have time for training just have time for drinking and waiting his son get born. Then his brain get frozen after Floyd fight because he was thinking he will not gas out but just like after UFC 196 shit happened again and he is pretending that he don't know why he gas out

Conor is getting everybody on his fight card PAID more than they've ever been paid before for a fight, he's changing the game on how fighters should be paid, if you hate his actics, then you support fighters being poor and broke after they retire.
That's a false dilemma there. It is possible to hate Conor's antics AND not want fighters to be poor and broke.

latest

Yeah and considering he's a fraud I bet he just jammed a piece of glass in his eye to sue Mcgregor but then got cold feet which is why he just wants an apology now. I'm not serious of course lol.

I say start supporting him when he becomes a fighter again. He's only a character right now, and who gives a fuck about that shit? Yeah, I know, everyone cares about someone else's vanity ever since social media. Weird world it is. Very sad too.

I agree with your post TS, but unfortunately the guy is very charismatic which will make his nuthuggers defend him even if he kills or rapes a person. The only way to stop him was when he wanted to fight Floyd but it's too late.
Now we have to endure his antics once he returns to fight and until he gets beatdown into retirement.

Back