• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Why couldn't conor knock floyd out?

It's the technique, mma fighters typically don't run there wrists over when punching.
U mean mma fighters who dont know how to throw a proper punch dont turn their wrists over. Are u saying conor doesnt know how to properly throw a punch?

Pfffff..... So if they boxed in 4oz MMA gloves, he could've stopped Floyd? Lol

Not necessarily, but it would increase his chances of landing cleaner.

Bigger gloves also provide more protection for defending against punches. It plays a big part in why Overeem's defense was not as effective in MMA, as it was in K-1; the bigger gloves allowed him to guard his fragile chin better.

It's the technique, mma fighters typically don't run there wrists over when punching.

<LikeReally5><SelenaWow>

There it is. Your never taught to twist at the end of a punch in martial arts.

Thats day 1 shit in any martial art school.

Mayweather is hard to hit and is good at deflecting blows and rolling with punches.

McGregor landed a strong uppercut in round 1 which hurt Mayweather, but he was able to keep his composure.

Mayweather is the better boxer and had the smarter gameplan. In a real fight, McGregor would rip his head off inside a couple of minutes.
It was a nice uppercut but I'm not sure if it hurt him much. Got his attention for sure though .

This is a good slow motion of it.
Edit to put in the right one

His power looked non-existent in the fight, shots had nothing on them, jabs, hooks, uppercuts etc etc they were just pitter patta shots, nothing on them. if anything he looked a bit faster than powerful.

He could have continued for sure. I just saw a replay and he said "that's BS" to the ref immediately. He would have continued for sure also until he was flat on the mat.
Looks like he was done.

Looks like he was done.

Looks like is a slippery slope. If he knew the ref was gonna stop the fight he would have just taken a knee.

No 3 knockdown rule=I'll stop the fight without 1 knockdown.

Fuck that.

I picked him to win in the 11th or 12th.

Props to Floyd though. He finished him.

Looks like is a slippery slope. If he knew the ref was gonna stop the fight he would have just taken a knee.

Fuck that.

Not sure he could even process at that point, Floyd was unleashing and could have seriously hurt him.

Not sure he could even process at that point, Floyd was unleashing and could have seriously hurt him.

Everybody I talked to today thought the fight was stopped early. I just asked people for conversation because I was interested. The check out people everywhere I went. They all gave props to Floyd and Conor but thought it was an early stoppage.

My honest opinion is he was gassed and just didn't know how to stall in boxing. I think he was rocked but not "out of it" and just didn't know how to survive in boxing that way.

A
Everybody I talked to today thought the fight was stopped early. I just asked people for conversation because I was interested. The check out people everywhere I went. They all gave props to Floyd and Conor but thought it was an early stoppage.

My honest opinion is he was gassed and just didn't know how to stall in boxing. I think he was rocked but not "out of it" and just didn't know how to survive in boxing that way.
All the commentators I've heard so far said it was a good stoppage . It wouldn't have changed the outcome and probably saved him some more embarrassing zombie highlights that would be be a gif later. Floyd was fresh as a daisy and Conor was spent and couldn't keep his balance. It would have made a awesome highlight ending but at Conor's expense.

A

All the commentators I've heard so far said it was a good stoppage . It wouldn't have changed the outcome and probably saved him some more embarrassing zombie highlights that would be be a gif later. Floyd was fresh as a daisy and Conor was spent and couldn't keep his balance. It would have made a awesome highlight ending but at Conor's expense.

I saw him the same way vs. Nate Diaz the second time and he came back. He just didn't know how to stall in boxing.

His power looked non-existent in the fight, shots had nothing on them, jabs, hooks, uppercuts etc etc they were just pitter patta shots, nothing on them. if anything he looked a bit faster than powerful.

well yeh he wasn't vsing a C grade bum lol

My power looks godly too hitting some random drunk schmuck on the streets

this fight just showcased a difference in talent lvls

it's like a rugby player coming and playing NFL

Fuck that.

The amount of ignorance here is staggering.

That's not what "no three knockdown rule" means. It means that the fight won't be an automatic KO after the third KD in a round.

The fight got stopped because Conor was staggering around the ring backwards for over a minute without attempting to throw a punch. If he really wanted to and was able to continue, he could have that tried to throw back at Mayweather and Byrd likely would have let him continue.

I saw him the same way vs. Nate Diaz the second time and he came back. He just didn't know how to stall in boxing.[/QUOTE

Haven't seen any commentary where they thought he had a chance to come back. Even Dana White said it was a good stoppage.

Conor fan still butt hurt? He lost, get over it. Just like the people who can't get over that the Confederates lost. LOL

The amount of ignorance here is staggering.

That's not what "no three knockdown rule" means. It means that the fight won't be an automatic KO after the third KD in a round..

Glad you set me straight. I though that meant I'll stop the fight without 1 knockdown.

Da fuk?

Glad you set me straight. I though that meant I'll stop the fight without 1 knockdown.

Da fuk?

The ref always has discretion to stop the fight if a fighter isn't intelligently defending himself just like in MMA.

Additionally, I've seen people complaining about Conor not getting a standing 8 count. That rule hasn't existed in pro boxing for nearly 20 years.

Although, I won't hold that one against MMA fans. There were a shitload of boxing fans who were confused about that after the Ward/Kovalev 2 debacle earlier this summer.

He could have continued for sure. I just saw a replay and he said "that's BS" to the ref immediately. He would have continued for sure also until he was flat on the mat.

If you think that fight was stopped too soon you really don't give a shit about Conor's well being. If that fight continues Conor gets seriously hurt.

Back