• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why couldn't conor knock floyd out?

The ref always has discretion to stop the fight if a fighter isn't intelligently defending himself just like in MMA.

Additionally, I've seen people complaining about Conor not getting a standing 8 count. That rule hasn't existed in pro boxing for nearly 20 years.

Although, I won't hold that one against MMA fans. There were a shitload of boxing fans who were confused about that after the Ward/Kovalev 2 debacle earlier this summer.

Yeah I started a thread about the standing 8. That would have been a better way to go than stopping it. If Conor knew that was coming he would have opted to take a knee and get a break

If you think that fight was stopped too soon you really don't give a shit about Conor's well being. If that fight continues Conor gets seriously hurt.

He took some shots but he was more fatigued than anything. He just didn't know how to stall and survive in boxing

You're just incredibly stupid and biased. He was falling through the ropes, and couldn't even put his hand up.

Its ok Conor dick riding fanboy hater. You can roid rage at bodybuilding.com

I bet you rubberneck fat ass white trash bitches.

Mayweather willingly took unnecessary damage, just to play "cat and mouse"???

Mayweather finished the fight as soon as he was able to. You act like Mayweather could have KO'd McGregor in the first round, but kept it going intentionally to make it seem competitive. That's ridiculous.

Brah get over it. It was a sparring session for Floyd. There was no "unnecessary damage". He barely broke a sweat.

Was never in trouble, let Connor try his best in first three rounds, barely threw any punches. So yes, kept it going intentionally for newbies like you to drool over. Light sparring session.

He took some shots but he was more fatigued than anything. He just didn't know how to stall and survive in boxing

Did you not see all the shots he was absorbing with his face? It wasn't a sudden call but an accumulation of damage? I get lacerations may not have been obvious, but his brain was getting rattled for sure.. He has a kid and a potential wife. He should be able to go into his later years without sounding like floyd sr.

He sure tried to hug and stall but mayweather knew and just stalked him. How should conor have stalled and survived? he showed floyd his whole bag of tricks and was getting exposed while using them.

LOOOOOOL. He didn't land anything that made Floyd respect him and he only outlanded him because Floyd wanted to test the waters and let him tire. Floyd simply didn't attack. It's not like he was throwing punches and Conor was just countering everything. It's just that he barely threw anything. He still landed at a higher percentage than Conor, even in the rounds he lost.

Still looking for moral victories? I can help you with that. How about you simply deal with the fact that:

1- Conor isn't nearly as good as his nuthuggers thought

2- Conor got beat by an inactive 40 yo with brittle hands and less 20 pounds
Is that all Money is ? A brittle handed 40 year old? Cause I thought he was the GOAT. But saying Conor got beat by the GOAT gives too much props to Conor right ? Sounds better to say " Conor got beat by broken down old man." Make Momey look like some old , bum , club fighter .

You're an embarrassment to Alice in Chains fans with that username, and also a failed abortion.

HAHA !!

Got HEEM !!

430.gif

tenor.gif

<{1-10}> .

Boxing ring floor was wobbly

He could have continued for sure. I just saw a replay and he said "that's BS" to the ref immediately. He would have continued for sure also until he was flat on the mat.

His eyes were closed for the last two shots he got hit with, as well as the movement between those two shots. He was about to catch Alzheimer's.

Mayweather is hard to hit and is good at deflecting blows and rolling with punches.

McGregor landed a strong uppercut in round 1 which hurt Mayweather, but he was able to keep his composure.

Mayweather is the better boxer and had the smarter gameplan. In a real fight, McGregor would rip his head off inside a couple of minutes.
Lol
We don't believe you anymore. Noooooo way!! You lost all credibility on Saturday. Go to your room.

A

All the commentators I've heard so far said it was a good stoppage . It wouldn't have changed the outcome and probably saved him some more embarrassing zombie highlights that would be be a gif later. Floyd was fresh as a daisy and Conor was spent and couldn't keep his balance. It would have made a awesome highlight ending but at Conor's expense.
I seriously thought it was a premature stoppage!! I'm sure there was more snot and spit to be expelled!! He needs to fight gervonta davis. His speech will be slurred after.

Back