Why couldn't conor knock floyd out?

His power doesn't translate well in boxing gloves.

I don’t think that true, he’s just fighting the better man who knows the boxing game inside out and mastered it.

Mayweather was being very cagey in the first couple of rounds when Conor was more likely to trouble him with his left, so nothing really landed cleanly. In the later rounds, Conor didn't look like he had any power - he looked very tired and most of his punches were very weak.

I still think Mcgregor has great power in his left when he lands it - the problem is actually landing clean on Floyd - it's not easy!!

Conor does not have the boxing experience why you think? He was doing some boxing training at a local club when he was 14. He does not know how to set up for a power shot! Conor never had a world boxing trainer to teach him the basics. He is a MMA fighter not a boxer.

I expected him to stalk and corner Floyd, while looking to counter with power shots. Floyd took the back seat and Conor was content to box him with volume. That was a mistake. He should have chose his shots and looked for the kill. He didn't land the straight left flush early, and Floyd made him pay for the volume as the rounds went on.

Just my two cents. Conor's best chance was a counter power shot KO and that's what I was expecting his game plan to be. He threw too much, and Floyds defensive skill kept him away from the big shots. After the 4th round Conor didn't have the same kind of pop in his punches. I also think he put a little too much size on and should have stayed leaner and faster, but that's another story.

At the end of the day he lost, and if this is an excuse bait thread, I have no excuses.

This is a good post, I agree. Winning with one big shot was not a likely scenario, but winning with volume was an even worse plan.

Mayweather had a gameplan and stuck to it ... end of. A lot of pundits gave McGregor props for a good effort, but Sherdog basement dwellers like you want to rewrite history and keep repeating lies until people forget that it's a lie.
So in your estimation, if Floyd fought the entire fight like he did those latter rounds Conor would have done better, worse, or the same? Also, you can say that I attempted to rewrite history (grasping at straws) but don't ignore the comment about Floyd's prop bet. It tells A LOT about how things went and why. Literally finished McG within seconds of the 9.5 round mark.

In comparison, Conor said he would KO Floyd within 4 rounds, 3, 2 and 1 round, depending on which interview you want to watch. If the leadup was different, I would have no problem saying Conor put in a good effort. But what he said and what actually happened were direct contradictions. I won't praise him for being completely wrong/losing and making $100m +.

"We've made slight adjustments in my cardio preparation. It's actually been very enjoyable to go from five five-minute rounds, which is what we're used to, which is 25 minutes, to 12 three-minute rounds of boxing, which is 36 minutes. Slight adjustments, but we are more than ready. I done 12 rounds last night, I've done multiple 12-round fights in the gym in the lead-up to this. We are more than ready.

"Floyd is praying for me to fatigue in there, but I will not fatigue. I will continue to press forward, and I will break him. At 40 years of age, he will not sustain my pace."

"He's not that fast, he's not that powerful, but boy is he composed," McGregor said. He added: "I was just a little fatigued. He was a lot more composed, especially in the later rounds." McGregor also said he got "wobbly" when tired.

The truth doesn't play favorites, serving up humble pie for Conor and all his nut huggers! It's the gift that keeps on giving!!! He's only 29 years old. To hear you dipshits tell it, we are in store for a decade long run in boxing. For the record, were the nuthuggers wrong in their "all boxers are stuck in the mud" assessment or is it now in their best interest to say that being stuck in the mud is an asset in boxing instead of a liability? Can't keep up with the constantly changing narratives. I'll stick to my basement and you keep telling yourself Conor is a really good trier lmao.

I've noticed that Conor McGregor fans like to say silly things that can't really be proven definitively one way or another. This is a good example of that. Obviously that was not a big uppercut, at all. Floyd also obviously showed no signs of it bothering him, at all.

But...what if it did....and Floyd's just super composed? Lol.

There's this weird WWE fantasy land that Conor fans live in, and nothing will ever change that. He can get beat up, choked out, or anything else. You guys will still be there with your excuses and alternate facts.

Sad isn't it?

He was tired because he punched himself out. Mayweather wasn't walking forward like that in round 1, because if he had, he would have been flattened.

Whatever helps you sleep at nigt

Conor does not have the boxing experience why you think? He was doing some boxing training at a local club when he was 14. He does not know how to set up for a power shot! Conor never had a world boxing trainer to teach him the basics. He is a MMA fighter not a boxer.
Where's the retard that said roddy was a great boxing coach at lol

Was it myjohnson9 .

Step up and claim your retard prize .

Conor's power is the biggest myth in sports

He's only flatlined sloppy MMA fighters that ran into his fist

It not about even about power translating to another sport, it's about levels. MMA fighters just don't punch hard compared to boxers, their punching is many, many levels below. Just like the strongest crossfitters have fuck all on top power lifters.

Conor's power is the biggest myth in sports

He's only flatlined sloppy MMA fighters that ran into his fist

Another thing is his his mental toughness which a farce.

In the ufc the promotion can trick the fans into believing what ever they tell you.

The power, the one of a kind mental toughness. Wmma, Ronda being the clear baddest women on the planet.

If you know nothing about fighting sure. But if you do it's like wait a minute...

Quick stoppage, Mendes wasn't hurt, just fatigued. The last three shots were blocked:

giphy.gif

Because Mayweather didn't run face first into Connor's punches......oh wait, yes he did but Connor was unable to hurt him.

Mate you have no fucking idea. The dude is so crisp for 40 and 50 fights. He's barely been hit hard in his entire career.
Have you heard Floyd try to speak English? He is incoherent and shows all of the signs of severe brain damage.

Only a retard ate that bullshit up about his ko power. You
Only have to look at his UFC record to see he has one ko and all the rest were an accumulation of strikes that caused a tko ( even then the guys wernt out cold) he has good timing for an mma fighter but against a top level boxer it isn't quite as easy

Everybody I talked to today thought the fight was stopped early. I just asked people for conversation because I was interested. The check out people everywhere I went. They all gave props to Floyd and Conor but thought it was an early stoppage.

My honest opinion is he was gassed and just didn't know how to stall in boxing. I think he was rocked but not "out of it" and just didn't know how to survive in boxing that way.
There were still 2 min to this round , you dont seem to understand that being hit in the head when you cannot brace for it nor roll with the punches would hurt Conor for real , like ICU post fight instead of going to a party hurt , i said it before , boxing is BRUTAL , ppl die and ppl have head trauma and internal bleeding and all sorts of bad things , the fact you see tons of blood in the UFC due to gloves being so small and they cut your face easily doesnt mean you get hurt more then in a boxing match where you get pounded in the head , blood is nothing , getting hit in the head without defending yourself ..... thats a different story , good stoppage i would like to see Conor in the MMA again kicking ass.

Quick stoppage, Mendes wasn't hurt, just fatigued. The last three shots were blocked:

giphy.gif
It's incredible how composed Conor was. I mean he didn't hit that hard, he wasn't that fast but man was he composed. And you can clearly see in this little animation that Chad didn't get wobbled but it's only the fatigue kicking in. 10/10 mate.

Back