Why did Chuck never get into it with Dana?

Chuck damn well knows better, look in his eye or not Dana will give him that physical treatment if he steps out of line

upload_2018-7-20_17-6-48.jpeg

41R8-QgL2yL.jpg

Dana is like any other boss of any other job. You do things his way its no issues. You challenge him and your work life will be hell . Guys like Chuck, Rich, Hughes were company men. Would fight at the drop of a hat and were more than happy to do it. Like any other boss thats why he held them in such high regard

Chuck knew his place, like a good dog.

Chuck was a « anytime,anyone » kind of fighter and the two of them were friends for a long time before Chuck superstardom
Chuck also was a company man who didn't have a desire to go elsewhere or fight for more pay than whatever he was getting. He also was a TUF 1 coach.
He didn't rock the boat.
He's pretty laid back and seems easy to get along with.
Hughes was very similar.

Last edited:
What problems have jones and Anderson had with Dana?

He want to fuck Chuck.

Dana didnt give Chuck the retirement job because he was concerned for his health he gave it to him to keep him from legitimizing one of his competitors

Why didnt Dana just keep paying Chuck 100k+ out of his own pocket to rep the UFC. Greed.

WME should have paid Chuck 100K to show up at 10-20 shows and sign autographs and take pictures for an hour before the show starts.

Literally every other major star that's fought under the UFC banner has had a problem with Dana at some point. Randy, Tito, BJ, Wand, Jones, Anderson, even GSP!!! So why not Chuck?

I know Dana used to manage Chuck and I know they were friends. But Dana's been friends with a bunch of his fighters before and they usually end up mad at each other at some point. And Dana managed Tito at the same time he managed Chuck and we all know how Dana and Tito fell out.

So really, what was the difference between Chuck and every other major star that's ever fought for Dana?

Thoughts?
They are buddy buddies. My friend saw them at football game together. Plus Dana use to be his manager/ promoter back then. That’s why he put 100 grand on chuck for that pride tourn way back

Literally every other major star that's fought under the UFC banner has had a problem with Dana at some point. Randy, Tito, BJ, Wand, Jones, Anderson, even GSP!!! So why not Chuck?

I know Dana used to manage Chuck and I know they were friends. But Dana's been friends with a bunch of his fighters before and they usually end up mad at each other at some point. And Dana managed Tito at the same time he managed Chuck and we all know how Dana and Tito fell out.

So really, what was the difference between Chuck and every other major star that's ever fought for Dana?

Thoughts?

Chuck was the original 'It's guy or company man.He would literally do anything for Dana.

Before the UFC was popular Chuck would personally fly around and spar with guys for Dana to see if they were good enough.He volunteered to go to PRIDE and represent for the UFC.

Oh and the fact they would party together with mounds of cocaine,strippers galore,and alcohol overflowing.Chuck doesn't talk slow just because the head trauma lol he partied harder then Jones and Guillard combined.

Chuck has always gotten special treatment from dana .....they are butt buddies.

You basically answer your own question.

They truly where friends and Dana took damn good care of Chuck.

Back in those days, besides being best boys- Chuck thought he was doing as well as he could and gave Dana credit for it...
validation Dana " There were only 2 people who ever listened to me the whole way and that was Chuck and Ronda"

Back