Why did Fedor never rematch any of his losses?

Fedor Emelianenko: “Absolutely, I would like a rematch with Werdum. But as he was recently operated on, then as soon as this fight is unlikely to happen. This year, in November-December, I would prefer to meet in a cage with Alistair Overeem.”

There were negotiations for a rematch with Werdum (during which time, Overeem called Fedor out), but they fell through.

After those negotiations fell through, Fedor called out Overeem, but he was busy with Duffy and taking 6 months off.

Fedor had but one objective in SF, avoid the hell out of Overeem. He was successful in this regard.

Probably because he didn't want ko'd, tko'd or choked again.

Just timing. Strikeforce finished with that tournament and before it was over Zuffa had bought Strikeforce. He rematched TK because they were both in Pride. He has a chance to rematch Mitrione if they end up in the finals together, or if they both lose in the tournament it could happen as just a regular match. I'm sure if Fedor wanted to he could rematch Bigfoot in Russia. Hendo is retired and Werdum is in the ufc so those won't happen.

Don't think so pal , did you see the state of his eye ? , it was closed shut

tumblr_lgjkhxe3oD1qztn2o.jpg

Fighters are often allowed to continue despite that
alvarez1.png

Werdum loss was total luck. It's not like Werdum could submit anyone... and Hendo has pillow fists...

I dont think that was ts intention. More that in a rematch with annother gamplan Werdum definitely was an achievable win for Fedor. He made it his trademark to fight to his opponents strenghts and beat them down at it. Nothing more demoralizing. It was part of why he was so feared and respected. With Werdum it caught up to him but think about him keeping distance and throwing. Imo a heavy favourite for Fedor.

I believe it was the manner of those losses that stuck out to people as "Huh, well I'll be damned".

He dropped Werdum and went in dry into his guard, most people were probably expecting a finish at that point but then Werdum locked him up with no hope for Fedor of spinning out of it because the cage wall was on his right side. Still, nothing flukey much but it could have ended pretty shitty for Werdum.

Same with the Hendo fight, Hendo basically gets KO'ed and woken up in the same combo, gets dropped with Fedor on top swanging and bangin...To all a sudden reversing it and popping Fedor and boom stopped. Hendo even admitted to having his consciousness turned off and back on before winning.

The BF fight though, that was pretty bad...

Honestly, even in the Bigfoot fight, the first round was competitive. It wasn't till the second round when Bigfoot took him down that it was over. Bigfoot was just way too damn big and fairly well skilled on the ground.

A win against Fedor is considered a loss.
Because he is the world's most interesting man.

Dr stoppage between rounds, on different day it could have continued
Alright, even if they allowed him to continue that fight how do you see him reverting the result? That was probably the hardest fight to watch as a fan because Fedor simply couldn't find a way out of it. He was overwhelmed by Bigfoot's size, strength and skills. And it looked brutal.

For the record, they did the right thing by stopping that fight. Fedor's eye was completely shut.

fedor_eye.jpg

Alright, even if they allowed him to continue that fight how do you see him reverting the result? That was probably the hardest fight to watch as a fan because Fedor simply couldn't find a way out of it. He was overwhelmed by Bigfoot's size, strength and skills. And it looked brutal.

For the record, they did the right thing by stopping that fight. Fedor's eye was completely shut.

fedor_eye.jpg

It was a tough one. I dont think Fedor was very well prepared for that fight. He kind of just went in auto pilot mode fighting on nothing but instincts.

Fedor had but one objective in SF, avoid the hell out of Overeem. He was successful in this regard.

That's pretty laughable considering Overeem ducked Fedor to go fight in K-1, ducked defending his title for 3 years, ducked out of the HW Grand Prix, and ducked drug tests by sneaking out of the country.

But nice try. <DirkMavs>

The only losses you should avenge are those losses you suffered in your prime.

Fedor never lost in his prime so he gives no fucks.

They all jumped ship to UFC

When fedor came out of retirement ufc offered him a contract for the second time AND for the second time he denied the ufc … chose to fight 2 fight fighter jaideep (now 2-3).

Back