Why did IGN give far cry primal a 7.9?

I don't understand your hate for Primal, I got it for dirt cheap and I found it pretty enjoyable. Sure it can get a little repetitive but that doesn't make it awful.

I found farcry primal to be a very enjoyable playthrough. To me it's in the same category of games as Shadows of Mordor in that it was fun to jump into and out of even for short gameplay jaunts. I very much enjoyed the game overall. It lacked depth and I would never do a second playthrough but that's fine.

Another thing people have to realize is games aren't really rated on a 0-10 scale. It's more like a 6-10 scale. Realistically anything that's playable is almost impossible to get below a 6 score or 60 score if it's 100. On metacritic any game below about 80 better be a niche game you personally like or you can expect a bad experience.

Dont know why people shit on the Far Cry games so much, never played Primal but Far Cry 4 was a great game as was Far Cry 3. They deserve their scores way more than most games.
Far cry 1 and 3 were both universally praised. 4 looked ok but it also looked like it was a bit of a cash in, but I never played it

I don't understand your hate for Primal, I got it for dirt cheap and I found it pretty enjoyable. Sure it can get a little repetitive but that doesn't make it awful.

Pretty sure they recycled the map from 4. Just doesn't seem like a game they should've charged full price for, seemed like a total cash grab that could've been alot better but wasn't. The score it got is really indefensible, it was a playable game, not good by any mean means though. If you didn't pay a lot for it I wouldn't bitch, still doesnt look fun though.

Pretty sure they recycled the map from 4. Just doesn't seem like a game they should've charged full price for, seemed like a total cash grab that could've been alot better but wasn't. The score it got is really indefensible, it was a playable game, not good by any mean means though. If you didn't pay a lot for it I wouldn't bitch, still doesnt look fun though.

So you didn't even play it?

I thought 3 and it's expansion were pretty well liked?

Far cry 1 and 3 were both universally praised. 4 looked ok but it also looked like it was a bit of a cash in, but I never played it

Yeah it seems like with the gaming community they've equated Far Cry to yearly releases like CoD and Assassins Creed but imo FarCry single player is higher quality than both and more spaced out releases as well. Far Cry 4 was basically more of the same with minor additions but more interesting location and more mystical concept, I understand the criticism of FC4 but it really is still a great game. FC is one of the franchises that I wouldn't mind a new release every few years as long as they change it up enough and go to new locations. Never played Primal but the lack of guns seems to hamper the traditional FC gameplay style.

I enjoyed it.. seems like a reasonable score. I liked the owl view mechanic, and targeting camps for assault from above.

To each their own, I reckon.

If Farcry 3 was amazing, and 4 was more of the same, doesn't that make 4 also amazing?
I thought so.

Who cares if they recycled and modified the map shape/boundaries. It's a massive map and the environment was very different.

It had a good general story imo but lacked depth. I personally loved the primitive weapon play. Throwing Spears, knives, bow and arrow, etc. I liked the animals aspect as well.

So this is a thread you made to bash the score of a game you didn't play?
I've played enough games throughout time that I think I came to a fair conclusion. My friend was even joking how horrible it was.

I've played enough games throughout time that I think I came to a fair conclusion. My friend was even joking how horrible it was.

So basically you've played so many video games that you're like a ratings score psychic now?
Just stare at a cover and... Boom this game shall be ranked an 8.8

So basically you've played so many video games that you're like a ratings score psychic now?
Just stare at a cover and... Boom this game shall be ranked an 8.8
It's a trash game though.

I liked it
But then again I actually played it so clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about
I have it at my house right now but my ps4 hard drive is full and I can't think of anything I have on it that's worse than Far Cry Primal to delete.

I liked it
But then again I actually played it so clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about
Also it could mean you have really shitty taste in games and don't know what you're talking about. Lol I'll go with this.

Far Cry 4 was my first Far Cry. I thought it was a fun little time burner but not something I'm particularly in to. Primal looked like a far less fun version of 4 to me.

Overall I've found Ubisoft's games to bee rather uninspiring since AC 2.

I wish they'd redo Far Cry 2 and fix the AI. I loved the setting and mechanics but the constantly respawning and always hostile NPCs broke the game.

Back