Why did IGN give far cry primal a 7.9?

Yeah it seems like with the gaming community they've equated Far Cry to yearly releases like CoD and Assassins Creed but imo FarCry single player is higher quality than both and more spaced out releases as well. Far Cry 4 was basically more of the same with minor additions but more interesting location and more mystical concept, I understand the criticism of FC4 but it really is still a great game. FC is one of the franchises that I wouldn't mind a new release every few years as long as they change it up enough and go to new locations. Never played Primal but the lack of guns seems to hamper the traditional FC gameplay style.
I will say that 2 had some legitimate problems as well.

Metacritic and steam user reviews are really all I give a shit about. I don't pay any mind to professional critics, but I enjoy their early gameplay vids.

Metacritic and steam user reviews are really all I give a shit about. I don't pay any mind to professional critics, but I enjoy their early gameplay vids.
Metacritic reviews are always flooded with fanboys though. A highly anticipated game is almost always bombed with zeros that bring down the average drastically, especially if it's a console exclusive.

I try to avoid them until months down the road when the trolls have been weeded out.

Metacritic reviews are always flooded with fanboys though. A highly anticipated game is almost always bombed with zeros that bring down the average drastically, especially if it's a console exclusive.

I try to avoid them until months down the road when the trolls have been weeded out.
I don't usually get brand new games at release. I don't have a ton of time to play anymore so I don't mind being a deal shopper with the exception of big deal fantasy rpg titles. if it is a new game, I read the reviews rather than just going by the number. it's pretty easy to weed out who actually played the game and is giving an honest review.

I like reading steam reviews a lot, but I'd prefer a rating system to the thumbs up and down.

The main point though, is that I rarely care about what professional critics have to say about games. they're often shills and even when they aren't, we usually don't care about the same things. High quality voice acting? don't give a fuck.

I just beat it last month and yea i mean its probably the most boring open world game I've played in some time. I was really hoping for a Blood Dragon 2 instead of that shit.

I will say that 2 had some legitimate problems as well.

Never played much of 2, but remember enjoying it for a brief time. FC1 was revolutionary for its time tho. I remember back in those days it was Far Cry series vs Crysis for best open world FPS and I was a huge Crysis fanboy so I stopped playing FarCry for a bit.

My friend is asking a question that far cry primal how to throw bait and after visiting some sites, i found that In Far Cry Primal, your reality is loaded with predators, who need just to make you their next supper, so give careful consideration as you travel around. Hold your listening ability under additional consideration too, keep an eye out for strides drawing nearer, red markers on your minimap will likewise show that risk is close. You essentially can't surpass a ravenous wolf or a bear, so when you understand that you are being pursued at that point promptly endeavor to get to higher ground, you can simply get over a stone at that point to abstain from getting assaulted, notwithstanding bouncing over a tree can get you enough time to rapidly recuperate yourself, in the event that you got harmed amid the pursuit, hopping into the water can likewise enable you to get away from specific foes, however, realize that a few predators can swim as well.

IGN and their 4 to 5 min surface reviews have been dogshit since as far back as I can remember. How could you possibly review 100 + hour long games in a such a short amount of time.

IGN was only good for two things
9322363727_c7c5c243c2_b.jpg

2.png

jessica_chobot_022.jpg

IGN reviews have been dogshit since the Wii/PS3/360 generation.

I feel like Ubisoft games are tilted towards higher reviews than normal. Most reviewers probably play to the point just before the game slows down and the story gets retarded.

OP sounds as if he is surprised by the gaming media being bought by those that buy the advertisements on their sites that allow them to work...

The gaming media has been corrupt for a very long time.

7.9 is basically an F in the eyes of fanboys tho

Far Cry Primal was dope, quit hating

Name another BC game that is as polished as Primal you cant

Is this evidence reviews are bought and paid for? That game was a steaming pile of dogshit, there's no way in hell that game should've gotten anything past a 6.
Of course they are, man, but by the time you're to the 8th entry in a wider series franchise, and the series has never traded developer hands, are you really at the point where reading reviews makes sense?

Same reason Naughty Dog games get 12/10 best game eva with each release despite doing nothing innovative and ripping their plots and story beats straight out of other media.

The difference is everyone loves naughty dog or at least a large portion of gamers. This whole "Do something innovative" shit that gamers like to pump out is fucking old and tiring. Not doing something innovative doesn't mean you can't make a good game, as well as doing something innovative doesn't mean you've made a good game. Following the old formula and doing it well can still make for a great game.

It was my first ever far cry game I played. It was awesome and felt like you were in the cave man ERA. My gf hated when I would call my eagle to help. She hated the flute sound lol. Great game I gave it 8.5/10.

IGN and their 4 to 5 min surface reviews have been dogshit since as far back as I can remember. How could you possibly review 100 + hour long games in a such a short amount of time.

IGN was only good for two things
9322363727_c7c5c243c2_b.jpg

2.png

jessica_chobot_022.jpg
That and their Daily deals...

The difference is everyone loves naughty dog or at least a large portion of gamers. This whole "Do something innovative" shit that gamers like to pump out is fucking old and tiring. Not doing something innovative doesn't mean you can't make a good game, as well as doing something innovative doesn't mean you've made a good game. Following the old formula and doing it well can still make for a great game.

Ive always said the same thing. Gamers demand innovation, but dont want changes.

Theres always something to complain about.

If it had a more interesting story it would be deserving of a 7.5 but got boring real quick. 6/10 is about right for a copy/paste game.

I've long heard that a lot of gaming reviews are bunk, largely related to publishers advertising on their sites if I remember correctly. I haven't bothered to look in depth into it.

Back