Why do people say Tony can beat Connor???

1. He made 100 mill, he made far less getti b choked out by Nate

2. Money isn't the main reason why he's delaying

3. Probable

1. Yep. But the order matters. His two fights with Nate drew a lot of attention and got him back on track for a champ vs champ fight with Alvarez. For McGregor, it's never just the fight, but the fight that the fight leads to. I think he's already had the biggest fight of his career, and so he's either going to retire or resort to slumming it in the UFC.

I don't think his unique career path exonerates him form being criticized for not defending his belts. I think he should be stripped (again). But I do think it makes any claims that he's afraid of Ferguson a big stretch.

2. I disagree, at least in part. I think he isn't motivated, and money is a big part of that. Some guys fight because they enjoy violence. Some want to be the best or prove their excellence. Some want money/fame. McGregor is in the last category.

I actually think Tony is a bigger threat than Khabib. Yeah Khabib could demolish Conor on the ground, and effectively end the fight after one takedown, but the fight starts standing. And man, Kebab is fucking useless standing.

Tony has all the attributes that trouble Conor - size, reach, stamina, and well roundedness. His striking is sloppy and he'll need to tighten his defence, but he should probably be the favourite.

Solid points. I think one advantage Khabib could have is that he won't waste time trying to trade with McGregor. I think Ferguson is likely to. But yes, Ferguson is a stylistic challenge for McGregor in several ways.

Why do people think Tony stands a chance, A CHANCE, against McGregor? His wild style does him no favors against a sniper like McGregor. He over extends on his hooks and leaves an opening for a straight left. Tailor made. I mean he almost got ko'd versus Lee FFS. Repeat after me TONY FERGUSON IS NOT THE CHAMP. All he can strive to be is a paper champ. That's it. Okay? Honestly only thing McGregor can do is quickly starch him and move on to the winner of Dos Anjos vs Woodley. LW has nothing to offer him. Maybe Khabib, but you know... tiramisu.
Real champs DEFEND their titles!

Only because it makes common sense. We get it, why must you choose not to?

White Belt and Conor Nutthugger doesn’t think Tony has a “chance”, how surprising.

First you say Conor haters overlook his striking. And then you say Tony could maybe take him down and grind out a victory... thereby agreeing that Tony has a chance.

I don't get it. So are you a hater or not?

Neither, just stating that I feel both stand a chance depending how the fight goes whilst haters act like conor hasn't got a chance

I watched his fights. Where you gonna be after McGregor KO's him in the first??? LOL at anyone that thinks Tony makes it past 1. Listen I'm not a fan of either fighter. I enjoy fights. I've watched the game since early 2000's, and I can judge skillsets with impartial ability. Tony has 0 chance. Now some dumbass is gonna say bu bu bu post bet slips pussy. The fights haven't been signed, but if they do get signed ooo U bet your sweet ass I'm making some bank.
lol so much fail in one post its amazing.

i actually agree. i can't stand ferguson.

ferguson easier style match up for conor. khabib is worst style matchup

I would predict similar if I were someone who hates for breakfast, hates for lunch, hates for brunch.

But I'm not so I don't. :)
I don’t hate Tony or Conor.
I’m not sure I hate anyone except this loudmouth cop across the street who is always in everyones’ business.

Tony eats shots like a Diaz and doesnt stop, Conor would crumble in the trenches of the latter rounds

Conor won round 4 against Diaz, and was winning round 5 up until Diaz' only TD of the entire fight in the last 15 seconds. Conor/Diaz II was going to be 49-46 for Conor.

it's a fandom myth that getting to the later rounds, which btw statistically has only happened twice in 25 fights (Diaz II and Mayweather), will win the fight against Conor. Just because his output slows doesn't mean he's not still doing well. It's just a testament to how insanely well he performs early on.

lol at people here comparing Tony to Nate,
skillwise Nate is not even close to Tony.

dat left hand and timing of Conor is excellent but this is all what Conor has, people get mad to hear that Conor is a one dimensional fighter.
Tony at the other side got so many weapons.
standing or on the ground, doesnt matter,Tony will beat the shit out of Conor

The only way Conor wins is via early KO/TKO. So, obviously Tony Ferguson has more ways of winning this fight than Conor has.

Conor is not beating Tony via decision or submission. Tony fought 5 rounds with an aggressive RDA at high altitude. McGregor is not going more than 3 rounds with Ferguson.

At age 30, your gas tank starts to dip. Human physiology. LOL
Tony is 33.

Tony will make Connie panic wrestle and choke him out similar to barboza.

Connie cant handle Tonys jab kicks pace and pressure

There is a reason he's not signed up and ducked division over a year now

Conor won round 4 against Diaz, and was winning round 5 up until Diaz' only TD of the entire fight in the last 15 seconds. Conor/Diaz II was going to be 49-46 for Conor.

it's a fandom myth that getting to the later rounds, which btw statistically has only happened twice in 25 fights (Diaz II and Mayweather), will win the fight against Conor. Just because his output slows doesn't mean he's not still doing well. It's just a testament to how insanely well he performs early on.

He doesnt need to wait for Conor to gas.

He can just hit him in the face a few times and choke him out when he panic wrestles like Gatekeeper Nate did.

If Conor didn’t finish early tony would drag him into deep waters and drown him

Tony is a better fighter than nate,

We likely won’t see it. Conor does not speak a word about Tony.

Back