Why does Holloway get by

the general “Narrative” on sherdog is mcgregor is mediocre because he has been fighting ”Manlets”
Which whilst false leads me to ask this. Why does Holloway who is taller, bigger and has missed weight multiple multiple times get a by. Why is Holloway this god on sherdog when mcgregor a guy who is smaller was hated on for fighting “Manlets” I personally don’t take away from either of their accomplishments but Sherdoggers do.
So please tell me why?
Conor creates massive distortions of logic In large percentages of people

okay ignore all the other stuff if that makes you feel better about conor. All of it is true. dude talks shit about being the bigger man than cries that he lost becaues he fought...a bigger man. people dont respect that shit. Take the truth how you want to bro. most conor fans do that anyawy
Fair enough. I see your view and opinion

Because Holloway's fans aren't asshole nut huggers for the most part. I think most of the Conor hate is because of his fans, not necessarily because of him.
If you hate a person because of what other people think about him

You do not think for yourself and are a follower.

And I wasn't responding to you when I was mentioning Edgar.

Point being, Holloway was never ducking Edgar like @jaykah was suggesting.

I'm not suggesting that Holloway is ducking Edgar or anyone else for that matter and I'm not criticizing Holloway or his amazing win streak at all. The fact is tho that he hasn't fought Edgar or Mendes who are considered the top wrestlers of the division. I'm just pointing out that McGregor gets a ton of hate for not fighting wrestlers or tough match ups when in fact he actually fought Mendes and beat him too.

the general “Narrative” on sherdog is mcgregor is mediocre because he has been fighting ”Manlets”
Which whilst false leads me to ask this. Why does Holloway who is taller, bigger and has missed weight multiple multiple times get a by. Why is Holloway this god on sherdog when mcgregor a guy who is smaller was hated on for fighting “Manlets” I personally don’t take away from either of their accomplishments but Sherdoggers do.
So please tell me why?

If you step back and look at it realistically for a moment, you'll see that what you're saying isn't true.

Holloway is about a "Holloway caliber" fighter. Very good within his division. Wouldn't likely be nearly as impressive in the higher divisions. Still has some things to prove. Not a GOAT, P4P by any stretch, or even the GOAT in his division as of yet. Most everyone agrees with this. And that's why he "gets by."

McGregor is also about a "Holloway caliber" fighter. Very good within his division. Wouldn't likely be nearly as impressive in the higher divisions. Still has some things to prove. Not a GOAT, P4P by any stretch, or even the GOAT in his division as of yet. Most everyone SHOULD agree with this. But a lot of people want to paint him as much, much more. And that's where the conflict comes in.

Practically no one thinks he's "mediocre." They just think he's a really solid lighter weight class fighter, somewhere in line with a guy like Holloway... and that truth is blasphemy for his little cult.

Because Holloway's fans aren't asshole nut huggers for the most part. I think most of the Conor hate is because of his fans, not necessarily because of him.

Were you picked last for kickball? Try not take things so personally and grow some balls

So please tell me why?

I don't think Conor fighting manlets is the reason he's seen as mediocre versus a Holloway. Since Conor beat Holloway in his early 20's by decision, Holloway's won 13 straight fights. Think AS had the record at 17 though Jones would if the Hammill decision don't count. 13 straight wins and a 16-2 UFC record at 27 IS a godly achievement.

Conor also gets hate for the opposite reason as "fighting manlets". Dude gets hate for leaving 145 after flash KO'ing Aldo in a fight that really proved almost nothing, while at the same time holding the belt hostage. Holloway though fought Aldo twice and won hard fought duels with a legend. Conor since leaving 145 has fought 4 times and is 2-2 and was finished by Khabib(understandable) and Nate Diaz(not so understandable). He got a title shot after winning a close decision over Diaz and after getting embarassed by Khabib is going to get another title shot if he can beat Cowboy. The dude is very mediocre for the sort of oppurtunities he received and gets them because he's a draw and really the only million plus draw in the UFC and this is clear as day.

Conor's win over a super young Max Holloway is still the most brilliant thing he's achieved in his career and very few of his casual fans are probably even aware it happened.

I don't think Conor fighting manlets is the reason he's seen as mediocre versus a Holloway. Since Conor beat Holloway in his early 20's by decision, Holloway's won 13 straight fights. Think AS had the record at 17 though Jones would if the Hammill decision don't count. 13 straight wins and a 16-2 UFC record at 27 IS a godly achievement.

Conor also gets hate for the opposite reason as "fighting manlets". Dude gets hate for leaving 145 after flash KO'ing Aldo in a fight that really proved almost nothing, while at the same time holding the belt hostage. Holloway though fought Aldo twice and won hard fought duels with a legend. Conor since leaving 145 has fought 4 times and is 2-2 and was finished by Khabib(understandable) and Nate Diaz(not so understandable). He got a title shot after winning a close decision over Diaz and after getting embarassed by Khabib is going to get another title shot if he can beat Cowboy. The dude is very mediocre for the sort of oppurtunities he received and gets them because he's a draw and really the only million plus draw in the UFC and this is clear as day.

Conor's win over a super young Max Holloway is still the most brilliant thing he's achieved in his career and very few of his casual fans are probably even aware it happened.

you forgot to mention mcgregor beat holloway on one leg... tore mcl and acl in the 2nd round and holloway was getting his ass beat sooooooo bad he basically let mcgregor take him down in the third round because holloway was afraid of getting ktfo

Not only has Conor never missed weight, he's never even needed extra time and has even weighed in at championship weight for non title fights to prove a point.

He also said his best weight cut ever was for his last fight at 145 vs Aldo without the ability to dehydrate with an IV.

Aldo has good wrestling and good leg kicks

Whatever Holloway gains in reach
Aldo gains in wrestling power, leg kick power, and punch power

So please tell me why?

Well T.S

At the END OF THE DAY

IT IS WHAT IT IS !!!

#BlessEra

For real though..i think holloway will face this criticism at some point and will return to 155lbs and will be very successful too..

I think when he was younger like when foughr conor..he was a legit 145er..he was super skinny then..now hes thicker at 145 meaning hes figured out hes body and weight..hes older and grown now...so its just a matter of time before he goes back up..i for one will watch him at any weight

Last edited:
Max missed weight? This is news to me.

Fuck off the dude has never missed weight and I think he'd surprise you at 155. Can you imagine his chin and cardio being even better? That's a possibility at 155. Jones and Conor shouldn't get hate when they've never missed weight. As for Khabib he doesn't really get much hate for fighting at 155 but he should considering he's missed weight multiple times.
I was with you until you said "Khabib doesn't get hate for missing weight" His haters always bring that up just as much as they used to say he's a can crusher (can't really say the later anymore)

Back