why does it fall upon USADA to clear Jones?

The arbitrator was an independent, third party, commercial lawyer named Richard McLaren who was hired by Jones / Dana to arbitrate the matter.

In fact, here you are in this thread explaining to some dumb shit who didn't get it that Jones / Dana paid for the Arbitrator.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...s-conclusion-in-the-jones-case.3872545/page-2
This is the arbitration process. It’s not unique to jones. The ufc pays usada who pays the arbitrator from the funding provided by the Ufc. But the arbitrator is the independent party. Not there representing jones or the ufc.

They don't have evidence that "pulsing" is even a thing.

What they have is multiple failed tests in amounts that, in every other case except for this one, are indicative of micro-dosing.

By accepting this unproven, never-before-seen explanation of "pulsing" being responsible for the failed tests, USADA is essentially indeed proffering a defense for him by clearing him without proof.
you say never before seen, yet micro-dosing was once never before seen too. Science, and detection and understanding of drugs and their reaction with the body improves over time

They don't have evidence that "pulsing" is even a thing.

What they have is multiple failed tests in amounts that, in every other case except for this one, are indicative of micro-dosing.

By accepting this unproven, never-before-seen explanation of "pulsing" being responsible for the failed tests, USADA is essentially indeed proffering a defense for him by clearing him without proof.

Pulsing is something Novitsky said, hes not with USADA. I may have missed it if they did.

What other cases of this type of drug do they have that indicate microdosing with these quantities?

They didnt proffer a defense for him. They decided that they lacked evidence to sanction him under their double jeopardy clause.
Pretty laughable decision given the facts. And they are indeed conjuring up his defense on behalf of him

Do you realize how big picogram per mL is? It's big enough to fail multiple tests. Which, up until this case, was a sign of micro-dosing.
Yes, I know exactly how big a picogram per mL is. 1E-6 micrograms/L or 0.001 ppb.
as reference, the EPA will let you drink 15 ppb of lead in your water.

It is when he asserts an affirmative "residual pulsing" defense

Except Jones never had to proffer a defense because USADA did it for him. Which is absurd and unprecedented

USADA is corrupt.

Has anybody from the USDA even commented on all of this?

Jones has a good enough lawyer to poke holes in their science. It's possible they don't legally have enough information to punish him.

Yes, I know exactly how big a picogram per mL is. 1E-6 micrograms/L or 0.001 ppb.
as reference, the EPA will let you drink 15 ppb of lead in your water.

As a reference, 1 picogram / mL of t-bol in your system will let international doping agencies flag you as a PED cheater.

Jones has a good enough lawyer to poke holes in their science. It's possible they don't legally have enough information to punish him.

They don't need legal justification to punish him, they are not a law enforcement agency.. They are a faux-drug testing Agency the UFC has employed to give the UFC the air of legitimacy, nothing more.

This is the arbitration process. It’s not unique to jones. The ufc pays usada who pays the arbitrator from the funding provided by the Ufc. But the arbitrator is the independent party. Not there representing jones or the ufc.

Do you have a source that backs this up? Because there was a time when you, like me, believed that Dana and Jones paid for the arbitrator.

you say never before seen, yet micro-dosing was once never before seen too. Science, and detection and understanding of drugs and their reaction with the body improves over time

And the reason we have seen micro-dosing is because their is scientific and procedural evidence testifying to its existence.

can you point to any scientific studies that confirms the existence of t-bol pulsing? Can you point to any other fighters who have been busted for pulsing t-bol. Probably not, because it needs to be scientifically proven to exist, first. So can you point to any scientific studies that confirm the existence of t-bol pulsing?

Pulsing is something Novitsky said, hes not with USADA. I may have missed it if they did.

What other cases of this type of drug do they have that indicate microdosing with these quantities?

Victor Conte, back in March, suggested that the most likely explanation was that Jones was microdosing with testosterone and his test was contaminated with T-bol. That seems like an explanation that is eminently plausible from what we know about doping and doesn't need to speculate upon the entire existence of an unproven branch of PED science (t-bol pulsing).

The video has been removed, but here's the thread talking about it: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...ne-contaminated-with-turanabol-video.3725367/

Has anybody from the USDA even commented on all of this?

A few days ago I saw a tweet by a WADA scientist who said it's not possible for Jones body to retain t-bol after 17 months. I can't find it now, tho.

The problem is they don't have enough information to believe the t-bol pulsing defense, tho.

It is when he asserts an affirmative "residual pulsing" defense

Except Jones never had to proffer a defense because USADA did it for him. Which is absurd and unprecedented

Imagine being accused of a crime and the court actually goes out of its way to prove your innocence...

{<jordan}

Oh, wait, I think that's called being rich/a celebrity.

{<shrug}

The problem is they don't have enough information to believe the t-bol pulsing defense, tho.

They don't have enough information one way or the other. And they don't want to be called out on it.

Back