why does it fall upon USADA to clear Jones?

They don't have enough information one way or the other. And they don't want to be called out on it.

They have the fact that jones tested positive for a banned sustance. That's all the "evidence" they need and have ever used before to suspend any other fighter. Now that's it's jon "rat-bones" jones, they're re-writing the playbook and coming up with cockamamie excuses for why it's ok that he's violating the anti-doping rules.

They don't have enough information one way or the other. And they don't want to be called out on it.

But they do have a precedent in this situation: if the fighter cannot prove accidental ingestion (or pulsing), he is presumed to be a cheater. Hell, even when they prove accidental ingestion, they still receive punishment (Yoel).

Let's be clear, what's going on is unsupported by either USADA precedent or science.

Do you have a source that backs this up? Because there was a time when you, like me, believed that Dana and Jones paid for the arbitrator.
In the thread you linked I make the point that the ufc doesn’t directly pay the arbitrator.

But they do have a precedent in this situation: if the fighter cannot prove accidental ingestion (or pulsing), he is presumed to be a cheater. Hell, even when they prove accidental ingestion, they still receive punishment (Yoel).

Let's be clear, what's going on is unsupported by either USADA precedent or science.
Do you acknowledge it would not be appropriate to suspend him again for something he already served a suspension for?

It’s still trace amounts of a metabolite.
Which is what the tests are designed to look for.
Do you acknowledge it would not be appropriate to suspend him again for something he already served a suspension for?
It would be if he did it again, which all of the evidence available suggests he has done exactly that.

It’s still trace amounts of a metabolite.
As opposed to what? Him pissing out an actual vial of steroids?

The most annoying part of this whole thing is retards like Joe Rogan saying 'metabolite' and 'trace amounts' like any has ever failed a drug test that WASNT trace amounts of a metabolite .... thats exactly what the fucking test looks for.

Which is what the tests are designed to look for.
Uh, yeah.
It would be if he did it again, which all of the evidence available suggests he has done exactly that.
What is all avail evidence? Is it common for m3 only to appear and disappear from samples?

Yes I agree. The evidence showed he took something. He made a claim to counter the evidence and therefore needs his own evidence for his claim to be substantiated. He doesn’t have any reliable evidence to my knowledge......

As opposed to what? Him pissing out an actual vial of steroids?

The most annoying part of this whole thing is retards like Joe Rogan saying 'metabolite' and 'trace amounts' like any has ever failed a drug test that WASNT trace amounts of a metabolite .... thats exactly what the fucking test looks for.
The arbitration report notes that there a very low concentration of the metabolite. It also notes that there weren’t any short and medium term metabolites. All of it was consistent with not having a recent ingestion of the parent Turinabol. It was already documented prior to the latest results. And it’s still consistent.

If you buy this event then you're rewarding the UFC and USADAs corruption and blatant disregard for the sport and their fans.

The arbitration report notes that there a very low concentration of the metabolite. It also notes that there weren’t any short and medium term metabolites. All of it was consistent with not having a recent ingestion of the parent Turinabol. It was already documented prior to the latest results. And it’s still consistent.
Which is weird, because he had negative tests in between all of his failed tests, so they made up something called pulsing to explain it away to let him still fight.

Which is weird, because he had negative tests in between all of his failed tests, so they made up something called pulsing to explain it away to let him still fight.
Yes they (usada) made something completely up that all other agencies and scientists can prove to be false just for one jon jones fight.

No, that's a stupid thing to say. There's no proof these are the same metabolites as last time and that he hasn't reingested and the precedent of every case besides this one says to treat it as a doping violation.

No, that's stupid. You can't point me at scientific studies showing "pulsing" of t-bol is a thing nor can you point me at other fighters who have pulsed t-bol.

However, the absence of short and medium metabolites can be explained if he ingested t-bol between tests because they disappear within days.

can you point me to any studies that prove pulsing t-bol is a real thing? Can you point me to any other fighters who've struggled with pulsing t-bol?

No, that's a stupid thing to say. There's no proof these are the same metabolites as last time and that he hasn't reingested and the precedent of every case besides this one says to treat it as a doping violation.
You didn’t answer my question.

That are substantial enough to flag him as a PED cheater because it's a positive test.
They were noted as a very small concentration. Which lead to a determination that it wasn’t intentional. That was prior to these results.

Back