Why I think Derrick Lewis is going to destroy JDS !

The only way I see JDS losing is if his chin has become average or worse than that. JDS is a more technical striker than Lewis, has better cardio and he's faster. If Lewis had a good clinch game or was good at putting guys' backs to the cage to unload punches I would give him a much better chance but I haven't seen that style from him.

JDS usually starts off slowly and is a patient striker and Derrick Lewis is good against those type of strikers , also JDS usually takes a couple strikes to strike back and you can’t do that against Derrick Lewis. Derrick lewis by 3rd round KO. What are your breakdowns of this very underrated fight?
Lewis can win this fight, anyone at HW can beat anyone since they all have great power. Lewis has looked horrible in his last 3 against Ngannou, Volkov, and DC. Volkov gifted him the win when they fought and Lewis should of lost that fight. I think I saw that Lewis is the favorite in this fight, that can't be right. I fully expect JDS to beat him with ease.

Dos Santos is way past his prime, still backs up in a straight line and looks like hes about to get knocked out during every fight.

Lewis may beat him because he's shopworn in a paperthin division where you can still hang around.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Lewis goes on a Manuwa - like losing streak. I could see him losing to JDS, then Blaydes, Volkov rematch, and then Ngannou rematch.

The only way I see JDS losing is if his chin has become average or worse than that. JDS is a more technical striker than Lewis, has better cardio and he's faster. If Lewis had a good clinch game or was good at putting guys' backs to the cage to unload punches I would give him a much better chance but I haven't seen that style from him.
He doesn't need a good chin; against this guy, he needs to not get hit.

He can and should be able to pull that off.

He doesn't need a good chin; against this guy, he needs to not get hit.

He can and should be able to pull that off.

He's going to get hit at some point, JDS isn't as fast as he used to be but he's still faster than Lewis with better cardio. Only times I haven't seen Lewis land a good shot was against DC and Ngannou.

JDS might be an easier fight for Lewis. JDS barely kicks so Lewis has to watch out for less.

JDS just needs to box, no brawling. Throw in some leg kicks and use his wrestling if he's in trouble. Just don't stand right in front of Lewis and bang. I got JDS winning easy if he follows a game plan.

So you think JDS is a slow starter yet you predict a 3rd round KO for Lewis???

I think JDS even at this washed up stage should KO Lewis.
Yes the first 2 will be a feeling round and at the begining of the third he I feel like he is going to get koed

Lewis is tough and has power. That’s all he brings to the table. Sure, he could get lucky and land a haymaker if JDS gets sloppy but in general, JDS has far superior boxing and footwork. People have been writing him off lately but he has only lost to two of the best UFC Heavyweights of all time (both of whom he has wins over) and a decorated kickboxer that’s been a long-standing too Heavyweight himself. Junior still has skills.

I see lewis winning this fight, i think that jds has deteriorated too far in his career.

He's going to get hit at some point, JDS isn't as fast as he used to be but he's still faster than Lewis with better cardio. Only times I haven't seen Lewis land a good shot was against DC and Ngannou.
Did he land anything flush on Volcov in the first 14 minutes? I honestly cannot remember.

I think this is like the Rothwell fight, where JDS avoids the big but slow puncher. He might even get a later TKO especially if he works the body.

There is always a chance for Lewis, and JDS will be moving less by the third and later rounds. But I don't see Lewis have the cardio to put enough pressure on JDS then to back him up against the cage.

my worst fear is that win or lose jds will be cains next fight inorder to "get cain back into the mix"

I have a very strong feeling that JDS will get it done in round 1 or round 2.. Via submission or tko.. As we seen from many of Lewis's fights he's known to have his arms protecting his belly button, and likes to jump like a bunny when he gets hit with a solid shot or two.. If JDS goes all in.. it's over.

JDS usually starts off slowly and is a patient striker and Derrick Lewis is good against those type of strikers , also JDS usually takes a couple strikes to strike back and you can’t do that against Derrick Lewis. Derrick lewis by 3rd round KO. What are your breakdowns of this very underrated fight?

Slow starter.......has 6 first round KOs in 14 UFC wins??? Who's a fast starter? They have to have like 10 KOs in 14 wins?

he also has a glass body. Yet he finds ways to win when he shouldn't.
i agree. im not counting him out by any means, but beating JDS with his skillset is a tall task

Does everyone who are saying that Lewis has dog shit striking have an explanation why he always eventually finds a way to connect and finish his fights?

I admit he looks amateur for 90% of the fight but surely being able to eventually find the opening and connect takes skill right??

That's all Smith had to do against Jones or Woodley to do against Usman.. just go Derrick Lewis on their ass.

Could see Cigano backing up and getting blasted with his chin in the air.
If Tai could hit him in that situation, Lewis probably puts him out.

On the other hand it could look like the Rothwell fight...

Tai is alot faster and covers distance a lot better with strikes than Lewis. Lewis is slow and plodding, hes also immobile walking around like an old man after the first round.

Also people saying JDS has no chin, I'd say him and Lewis are pretty equal in that department. Lewis gets rocked pretty much every fight he's in and has been KO'd before.

I
Tai is alot faster and covers distance a lot better with strikes than Lewis. Lewis is slow and plodding, hes also immobile walking around like an old man after the first round.

Also people saying JDS has no chin, I'd say him and Lewis are pretty equal in that department. Lewis gets rocked pretty much every fight he's in and has been KO'd before.
Don't think the chin is the problem with either of the two, more a defensive issue of not keeping their hands up and evading.

You might be right about the fight though.
Tuivasa really hit him with lunging strikes iirc which isn't Lewis forte.
Now that you mentioned it, Lewis might really be more similar to Rothwell than Tai.

So JDS beats him up for 4 rounds before getting ko'd.....

Back