Why is it GOATs disproportionately lose to guys named Matt?

People
Anderson KO'ed stiff by Matt Weidman.
Fedor demolished by Mattfoot Silva
BJ Penn beaten twice by MattSP
Aldo put down in Matteen seconds by MattGregor
People won't appreciate this enough. Congratulations sir. You've made my night a better night. It got better with each "Matt."

GSP's only two losses on record are to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.
Fedor's only stiff KO is from Matt Mitrione.
Jones's only loss on record is to Matt Hamill. He also had an embarasing loss in wrestling to Matt Riddle of all fucking people.
Royce Gracie also lost to Matt Hughes.

also, i am told that Pat Miletich, who used to be the badass in UFC before the guys above, lost to Matt Hume and Later to Matt Lindland.

BJ Penn is the only big one i can find that has a positive Matt record (beat Matt Hughes twice and Matt Serra once, losing only once to Hughes)

<TheWire1>
Gsp is 2-1 with Hughes same as BJ and only 1-1 serra

GSP's only two losses on record are to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.
Fedor's only stiff KO is from Matt Mitrione.
Jones's only loss on record is to Matt Hamill. He also had an embarasing loss in wrestling to Matt Riddle of all fucking people.
Royce Gracie also lost to Matt Hughes.

also, i am told that Pat Miletich, who used to be the badass in UFC before the guys above, lost to Matt Hume and Later to Matt Lindland.

BJ Penn is the only big one i can find that has a positive Matt record (beat Matt Hughes twice and Matt Serra once, losing only once to Hughes)

<TheWire1>
Fun Fact: the Name Matt has same Pronunciation as the Arabic Word "مات" Which translates for "Died", I guess here's your answer to why GOATs lose to guys named Matt Lol.

Edit: Not All GOATs necessarily lose to guys named Matt, like, First guy to decisively beat Fedor was Werdum, first guy to get Fedor an L on his record is Tsuyoshi Kosaka, also, Silva's first UFC loss was by Chris Weidman, a guy not named Matt, also, DJ's biggest loss in his career came by the hands of a guy named Henry Cejudo, I know this thread is meant to be a joke and for fun Trivias and fun facts, but BTW, GSP lost to Leonard Santos in grappling back in 2005 tho even b4 his loss to Serra in 2007 after losing to Hughes in 2004, also Riddle and Hamill won't be last guys to beat Jon, I will be back to tell you when Miocic murks Jon.

Edit: Oh, cause also, if these guys are GOATs and they lose to guys named Matt, then these "Matt" guys are the butchers then lol

Last edited:
Back