Why is Mir a favorite over GOAT Fedor?

Fedor is a broke down engine that fights stupid as fuck at this point.

It is typical of fighters who have made it on reflexes and speed. Theyve always been able to take chances, and also not had to worry about technique. They always get off first, and dodge bullets at the last second. Then the speed slows down and you find out if there is also a granite chin there. Roy Jones, Wanderlei and Fedor did not have great chins once they became hittable. Ali did.

because it's 2018, not 2005.

I have no idea what this fight is going to look like.

The same can be said for most people that do have wrestling and jui jitsu. Did t keep up w all the opponents in Sambo over the years, but I'm sure there's a few. He had 17 subs, all with either wrestling or jj techniques . I'm not saying he's Olympic level wrestler or a champion at bjj. But he does have it. Werdume has submitted how many high level grappler in mma? Nog.. And..... Uh....

Unfortunately GOAT Fedor and modern Fedor are not the same. And as Mir goes he was one that I always thought would have a chance against Fedor. Modern Mir is just too much for modern Fedor I fear.

Given how both guys have been performing lately, I'd say 50/50. Odds don't give a shit about GOAT, it's about how you are likely to perform at fight time.

Fedor is a reckless fighter that is often no longer able to get away with his mistakes and Mir has finishing ability both on the feet and the mat. No one knows how it'll go but it sounds reasonable, sadly

Because Mir is a much better fighter at this point...

Fedor is really bad now. Mir has at least kept up his training methods

because Fedor didnt look amazing in his last two and people havnt seen Mir in awhile so there are no fresh loses in peoples minds

Probably because Fedor fucking sucks now. Unfortunate reality. He just got destroyed by Matt Mitrione
while I agree with the first part, he certainly didnt get destroyed by Matt.. it was almost a double KO, this scenario is similar to McGregor vs Aldo the fight was so fast we really have no clue how they match up other then one of them has the power to KO the other which we all could of safely assumed

because it's 2018, not 2005.

I have no idea what this fight is going to look like.
no one does, maybe Mir and his team, but it's about it, i don't know if a super roided Mir will show up or if will be this flabby SHW ridiculous one.. if the Mir that fought Arlovski back in 2015 shows up, i think it's going to be a terrible night for Fedor

Back