Why is UFC 299 an incomparably better card than UFC 300?

UFC 299 has 16/28 ranked fighters, 4 current/former ufc champions, and 1 top 15 pfp fighter

UFC 300 has 18/24 ranked fighters, 13 current/former champions (this is the most in history btw), and 7 top 15 pfp fighters

What metrics are 299 better by

Chito getting a title shot on a 1 fight win streak? The most boring fighter on the roster kaitlyn chookagian fighting? 4 fight skid yan?

People bitching that they don’t “like” the match ups and the 300 ones have no stakes is retarded

2 actual title fights

Gaethje/max, Armen/charles, jiri/rakic, aljo/Kattar winners are basically put in title contention

Miller fighting for a ranking + to be the only fighter to fight on 100,200,300

2 time PFL champ and 2 time Olympian making their debut

Another showcase fight for bo before he starts getting ranked fighters

Ban bet me if 299 turns out to be better than 300 once both events are done.

300 is deeper but yeah

Nothing is being added lol. Izzy isn't going to fight under Periera.

Dana just said that there are 2 more fights, just after the annoucement

299 is not better, it's a very good card but not as good as 300

300 is better slightly, but doesn't have the magic that feels too special. It's a sign of the state of the UFC.

Aside of French vs Porier being an assured banger..

299 main even is as BLAH as they come.
Yan is putting together a BJ Penn type streak.
MVP is debuting at 36 years old
Burns is a perennial gate keeper

I guess if your into people that have had their moments in the UFC then this card looks great for you.

UFC 299

Sean O'Malley vs. Marlon Vera135 lbs
UFC 300

Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill205 lbs

I don't understand. UFC 300 was supposed to be the best card ever according to the red goof.

HGrxHWs.jpg

It's not like there has been big names dropping due to injuries or pissing hot like Conor and Jones for UFC 200. I'd argue there's only one compelling fight on UFC 300 in Arman vs Oliveira. That's it. I count 7 on UFC 299.

This is pretty odd.
Which 7 are you counting on 299, out of interest?

299 isn't better than 300. I like the main and co-main on 299 better in total fights I like 300 better.

I don't think 299 is better.
It all depends on how you compare fights. If you really hate WMMA we can remove Weili vs Xiaonan and UFC300 is still comparable

* Pereira vs Hill is similar to O'Malley vs Vera
* Oliviera vs Tsarukyan is a bomb, like Dustin vs BSD
* Max vs Gaethje is better than Holland vs Page
* Jiri vs Rakic is similar to Burns vs Maddalena
* Sterling vs Kattar is similar to Yan vs Yadong
* Figgy vs Cody is similar to Gamrot vs RDA
When you put it like that….yea…it makes sense. Agree all except maybe the last one. I tend to lean towards Gamrot being a bigger deal just because we all know Cody is shot. RDA is definitely past prime, but he may give Gamrot a good run

300 is better. Not by much but the card goes far deeper with more meaningful match-ups. Yeah, the main-event isn't that amazing, but its not tainting the card.

I completely disagree. UFC 300 currently features 13 champions, past and present, if you count Gaethje's interim title and Harrison's PFL Belt. It’s one of their most impressive cards:

- Pereira, ex-Middleweight and now Light Heavyweight champ.
- Hill, ex-Light Heavyweight champ.
- Holloway, ex-Featherweight champ.
- Gaethje, ex-interim Lightweight champ.
- Oliveira, ex-Lightweight champ.
- Jiri, ex-Light Heavyweight champ.
- Aljo, ex-Bantamweight champ.
- Garbrandt, ex-Bantamweight champ.
- Fig, ex-Flyweight champ.
- Zhang, the current Women's Strawweight champ.
- Andrade, ex-Women's Strawweight champ.
- Holm, ex-Women's Bantamweight champ.

It's definitely one of the most stacked cards they've ever put together.

UFC 300 is better
i dont plan to buy 299

and they have 2 more fights to announce,
should be some big name with lengthly negotiations,
Izzy still in the race facing Strickland or DDP <--- this will bring eyeballs for sure

and Leon Edwards is on radio silence

so expect another big fight added to the main card
I am optimistic, but definitely not expecting another big fight here.

I'm fine with the main event btw, not sure it justified all the complaints .

300 is better, but 299 is still insane. I will forever believe, unless someone can tell me a good reason, that MVP vs Holland should have been on the 300 card.

Which 7 are you counting on 299, out of interest?
Robelis is a rare Taekwondo Olympic bronze medalist who is 4-0, all finishes, originally from Cuba who is a 6'7 heavyweight. I personally wouldn't have given him Parisian as his fifth pro fight, but hopefully he pulls it off.

All this does is make me think about how much of a letdown Page Holland is going to be

300 is still a really good card

Idk man I personally disagree I think 300 is obviously better but they both rock

Back