Why isn't Volk more popular among fans?

iu

That's why he has no fans. Because only a few REAL MMA FANS (who also like WMMA and FLW by the way) can appreciate his boring standup darting in and out.
Yeah man, it's so boring when guys beat the shit out of low level competition like mendes, ortega, zombie and max. Pretty ridiculous how he couldn't finish Max and Ortega as well considering how many times those guys have been dropped and finished in their careers.

Yeah man, it's so boring when guys beat the shit out of low level competition like mendes, ortega, zombie and max. Pretty ridiculous how he couldn't finish Max and Ortega as well considering how many times those guys have been dropped and finished in their careers.
Indeed, it's a true feat - to beat all those fighters in a way nobody would want to watch.

Show your hypothetical clueless friend any of Volk's last 3 fights or equally watch them yourself, if you or he thinks they weren't entertaining you both should probably stay away from MMA to the end of your days.
Volk vs max 3 wasnt Entertaining at all. He oustruck him to a boring decision.
The Ortega Fight was exciting because its Ortega and He almost Had him With the Choke.
Zombie Had No Business getting a title Shot so it barely counts as a defense

Volk vs max 3 wasnt Entertaining at all. He oustruck him to a boring decision.
The Ortega Fight was exciting because its Ortega and He almost Had him With the Choke.
Zombie Had No Business getting a title Shot so it barely counts as a defense
If you found that absolute clinic and beat down of one of the guys with supposedly some of the best boxing in the UFC boring, if you think Volk Ortega was exciting purely because of Ortega and that Zombie fight wasn't entertaining I don't know what to tell you other than it may be time call it a day on the MMA front, on a positive note, nice AV. Odds your just using this as a coping mechanism with Max down 3 zip to Volk and out of contention for a title shot for the foreseeable future.

Max fans are the saltiest of them all. That also includes guys like Anik & DC which transferred over to some of the viewers I guess.

Another thing is that he's just a regular Australian guy who played Rugby and switched over. No fancy hair and face tattoos, not much trash talk, no olympic medals, no BJJ credentials, no kickboxing championships etc.
People just can't believe this guy is dominating the sport and beating all their favorite fighters.
This s pretty much it. All the reasons people are using in here for not liking him is all bullshit nitpicking. They didnt think the guy was this good,and are doubling down cos they hate being wrong.

I like him a lot but it's true that if I was going to show a non-fan highlights.......Volk doesn't really have anything interesting compared to Francis, Usman, and Charles right now. And I can't even say Volk's not exciting because he is. He just doesn't have big moments like that which interest non-fans.

He doesn't strike people as the kind of fighter that can finish the fight at any moment, he usually wears opponents down and keeps the fight very technical. Reminds me of when Benson Henderson was champ at LW. Don't get me wrong he's very well rounded everywhere, just doesn't have a special skill that wows people. Well all champs can't be Conor, but I'm happy Volk is champ, he seems to be a guy the more hardcore mma nerds will follow.

Bendo is an excellent comparison. People complaining about Volk should be thankful that at least he's not a bible thumper, to boot.

Short, bald and Australian. That's 3 strikes. Finishes aren't as important as people make them out to be but they certainly help. Dominance is more important. Nobody likes a split decision machine like Bendo.
And despite this last fight, it doesn't change the fact a lot of people think Max won the 2nd fight. And if Max continues on to lose a couple more fights it will give everyone the excuse that he was past it

Some of ya'll calling him a point fighter, really?

16831223.jpeg

alexander-volkanovski-max-holloway-ufc-276-44.jpg

volkanovski-chan-sung-jung-ufc-273-4.webp

If hes a "point fighter" than I want more point fighters.

Short, bald and Australian. That's 3 strikes. Finishes aren't as important as people make them out to be but they certainly help. Dominance is more important. Nobody likes a split decision machine like Bendo.
And despite this last fight, it doesn't change the fact a lot of people think Max won the 2nd fight. And if Max continues on to lose a couple more fights it will give everyone the excuse that he was past it
Volk isn't a split decision machine

Back