Why John Danaher is wrong about randomness in striking and "punchers chance" compared to grappling

and now Enclave's house of cards comes falling down :)

I answered him. My hole point is that strength is the punchers chance in grappling. Yet no factor in striking.

A powerlifter who never seen a punch or kick in his life is fried.

Well, you see all the fucking time in mma elite strikers get ktfo buy way way lesser strikers, put them in a kickboxing match and won’t even be fair… Bigfoot ktfo alistar overeem not to go as far. Big Gloves change the whole game… and he’s not talking about a regular joe, lesseer athlete or less skilled striker. You think a regular joe is going to give problems an elite grappler? Lmfao… nop.

I answered him. My hole point is that strength is the punchers chance in grappling. Yet no factor in striking.

A powerlifter who never seen a punch or kick in his life is fried.
Unless there’s a massive weight and strength disparity sort of lime he mountain vs gunner, nop.

Unless there’s a massive weight and strength disparity sort of lime he mountain vs gunner, nop.

It was not a massive one for me. I still. Threw him. It took me 5 minutes of war but I did it.

You can say I had a talent for it but it doesn't matter. I would not clock a similarly strong club boxer, if I never took classes. I would get tooled

Well, you see all the fucking time in mma elite strikers get ktfo buy way way lesser strikers, put them in a kickboxing match and won’t even be fair… Bigfoot ktfo alistar overeem not to go as far. Big Gloves change the whole game… and he’s not talking about a regular joe, lesseer athlete or less skilled striker. You think a regular joe is going to give problems an elite grappler? Lmfao… nop.

Okey dude. How responsible defensively do you think Alistair Overeem has been the last couple of years? He was begging to get KOed.

His loss to Ngannou is insane. He has no defense.

It was not a massive one for me. I still. Threw him. It took me 5 minutes of war but I did it.

You can say I had a talent for it but it doesn't matter. I would not clock a similarly strong club boxer, if I never took classes. I would get tooled

It's funny how you only have assertions and apocrypha and can't point to any actual verifiable examples in reality.

Last edited:
It's funny how you only have assertions and apocrypha and can't point to any actual verifiable examples in reality conforming to your assertions.

I am guessing based on how I did as a beginner in Kickboxing compared to wrestling.

Even when I got experience in kickboxing, as soon as a good club guy entered, I could block his shots but could not hurt him.

I was in the fight with the wrestler...

If John Danaher limits his statement to rolling on the ground, then I will simply QUOTE BJJ hater Travis Stevens: "BJJ is a game".

I am guessing based on how I did as a beginner in Kickboxing compared to wrestling.

Even when I got experience in kickboxing, as soon as a good club guy entered, I could block his shots but could not hurt him.

I was in the fight with the wrestler...

If John Danaher limits his statement to rolling on the ground, then I will simply QUOTE BJJ hater Travis Stevens: "BJJ is a game".

You base it on shit, since you're full of it. You've got nothing but your shit, and your shit stinks.

Last edited:

If a wrestler the same size as you went to war with you for 5 minutes before getting thrown and you've never even read about wrestling then that guy should probably stop wrestling.

If a wrestler the same size as you went to war with you for 5 minutes before getting thrown and you've never even read about wrestling then that guy should probably stop wrestling.

Wrestling is more strength based than striking, true or false?

Now ponder again where I have the greater chance to pull and upset.

Striking.

But not for any of the reason you talk about either, of course.

I had stuffed takedowns in street fights, no idea what I was doing. That was the only experience I had. Never even seen a wrestling match on tv

>da STREETZ gusy

lol, it's like your acting out all the parodies of dumb blow-hards on purpose.

Tbh it just sounds like the other guy must have been an exceptionally bad wrestler.

>da STREETZ gusy

lol, it's like your acting out all the parodies of dumb blow-hards on purpose.

Whatever you want to call it. Non sanctioned fighting in or outside the school. Not once did I every parry a move by the wrestler on anything but instinct. I most likely did it wrong, but he couldn't shift my core. I was never in trouble, but I wrestled glue until I body locked the fucker and he flew as soon as I got the grip in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back