Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

Remind me who has beaten khabib?

Exactly my dude...

With Khabib, it's always some challenge until he gets it done, lately it was "well he hasn't beaten anyone special". He just absolutely dominated "mr. I have 2 belts"

Now that he mauled Conor, people are upping the stakes to other weight classes knowing he has shown no real interest in moving to another weight class...some genius said "why not move up and fight Woodley, because he would get iced"

The guy is fuckin 27-0
....despite the referee giving connie carte blanche, cheating left and right...just made the ufc poster boy, his second wife... has 11 wins in a row in the ufc and has embarrassed most of his opponents.

When he fights Tony and if he wins, I guarantee these guys will come up with something else to downplay it.

Goat referencing is obviously subjective - that said, I already think he's pretty close to being on that list but beating Tony would cement that for me.

Just lol @ mention Khabib in the same breat as Jon Jones, GSP, Fedor, and Silva

I mean he still has a bit to prove but don't act like his resume is that far behind those guys. If we are talking about those other guys' skillsets and well-roundedness, then sure, I can get on board. But his resume is as impressive as it gets and aside from the Tibau fight early in his career (which I thought he lost tbh), he's never really been pushed by anyone.

If Weidman moved up to 205 and dominated Jon Jones, you don't think he'd be on this list?

None of what you said changes any of his accomplishments. No one else will ever come close to what Mcgregor did. Continue on being a butthurt hater in denial.
What did he do? A nice win streak which has since been surpassed? Never defending a single belt? Embarrassing the whole MMA community with his ludicrous charade with Mayweather? Looking like a boy amongst men against Khabib? Tapping to Diaz, a relative journey man who was only a few fights removed from Josh Thompson knocking him silly?

I mean he still has a bit to prove but don't act like his resume is that far behind those guys. If we are talking about those other guys' skillsets and well-roundedness, then sure, I can get on board. But his resume is as impressive as it gets and aside from the Tibau fight early in his career (which I thought he lost tbh), he's never really been pushed by anyone.

And just to point out, tibau was riding fast and loose on the juice train around that time.

Mackhechev just knocked tibau the fuck out. I get the feeling, khabib would utterly destroy a juiceless tibau

This is mixed martial arts people. You can't be a great, goat or a legend without being well rounded in all areas. All of these fighters, who are frequently mentioned as all-time greats are good with their hands and also solid on the ground.

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

McGregor is a one-dimensional boxer and as Khabib has proven, Conor's even over-rated in that area.
He already is an MMA great and has completely changed the game. 2.4MM PPV buys! All of the top selling PPVs in history. Not the greatest fighter of all time but definitely will go down in history as one of the greats.

LOL @ Conor fanboys latching on to his Aldo KO. By that logic, Weidman and Werdum should be MMA greats too. Conor ran from FW after winning Aldo because he was afraid of getting Dos Santos'd.

And then the supposedly "best striker", or so his fanboys claim, got bitch-slapped and tapped out by zero-prep Nate fuckin' Diaz, and then only barely managed to win Diaz in a rematch by deciding to kick more - an adjustment that a truly good striker with good fight IQ would've made during the first fight.

you got the wrong guy, i'm not a "Conor fanboy" in fact, judging from my post history you'd probably come to the conclusion that i don't like McGregor, and you'd be right.

Conor's haters are far more obsessed than his fanboys. These threads prove it.

Conor lost to Duffy in 38 seconds. Who Considers Duffy a GOAT?

I don’t think Connor is goat so don’t care about your stats…just pointing out kabib resume is one of the most overrated in this sport alongside fellow hw Russian.

I don’t think Connor is goat so don’t care about your stats…just pointing out kabib resume is one of the most overrated in this sport alongside fellow hw Russian.

Yea I know, he could go back in history and beat Muhammed Ali in boxing and you guys would still call him overrated.

I am waiting until the Tony fight to see what you guys say if he beats Tony too (which is far from certain). Or if he gets to fight the guy khabib considers best of all time, gsp...and wins

You can downplay all his fights, dude must be the luckiest guy in the world to not lose a round until the Conor fight... freakin 27-0, yea sure, I see how he "has one of most overrated resumes" ...

Shit, it just hit me, lmao...imagine if khabib had just one loss, say he was 26-1 or even 25-2....holy crap...he would be labeled as one of the worst fighters in history by these same people..

Last edited:
It’s a shame you guys can’t appreciate what conor has done for the sport. He made the sport explode and bring in a load of new fans. Is was the first champ champ in UFC history. I can understand not liking him but dismissing everything he has done is wrong. Is isnt the goat and he will never be the goat but he is a legend that has done a lot for the sport.

I think heart is one of the biggest reasons, and one that could never have been trained into him.

When he meets resistance, he doesn't look for ways though; he looks for ways out.

Exactly my dude...

With Khabib, it's always some challenge until he gets it done, lately it was "well he hasn't beaten anyone special". He just absolutely dominated "mr. I have 2 belts"

Now that he mauled Conor, people are upping the stakes to other weight classes knowing he has shown no real interest in moving to another weight class...some genius said "why not move up and fight Woodley, because he would get iced"

The guy is fuckin 27-0
....despite the referee giving connie carte blanche, cheating left and right...just made the ufc poster boy, his second wife... has 11 wins in a row in the ufc and has embarrassed most of his opponents.

When he fights Tony and if he wins, I guarantee these guys will come up with something else to downplay it.

Goat referencing is obviously subjective - that said, I already think he's pretty close to being on that list but beating Tony would cement that for me.
Are you kidding?

Conor lost his touch, probably partied hard after the Floyd fight.

Featherweight Conor who beat Aldo beats Khabib at that point in time.

Whereas Khabib a natural welterweight with t rex arms who has seizures killing himself cutting to lightweight is a weight bully who is nowhere near any GOAT list.

Even as a wrestler Woodley and GSP would school him at Welterweight. Tony calls Khabib Team Tiramisu for a reason

I‘d say he already is an MMA great ... or a worst.. depends on ones personality, image of the world, image of humanity and so on. The guy is an outstanding figure, that‘s for sure. <NightKingBringIt>

Conor's haters are far more obsessed than his fanboys. These threads prove it.

Not even close to true. First of all, Conor is so easy to hate. Just a disgusting individual and a total fraud. Who dared the whole world to come after him. Well, he got EMBARRASSED by Khabib, so now the haters get their turns. That is how this shit works. When the nuthuggers are obsessed it's called "passion." But when the haters make sure to point out what a joke McTapper turned out to be, it's obsession. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other. Doesn't change how pathetic McTapper turned out to be and how sweet him getting starched was to all the haters

He already is an MMA great and has completely changed the game. 2.4MM PPV buys! All of the top selling PPVs in history. Not the greatest fighter of all time but definitely will go down in history as one of the greats.
This is fair. I wouldn't necessarily use the word "great" but semantics. In fact that is my major qualm with McGregor. The charismatic dude that rose to greatness quickly and was a "champ-champ" was not the same guy that we saw prior to this fight. This was a desperate self absorbed idiot with no boundaries (which I believe he had prior) And he backed up zero of it. And then was a coward and couldn't even face the music. I think a ton more people would have respected if he showed up to the presser, had posted anything congratulating khabib, apologizing etc etc. But he didn't. He just made some ridiculous comment about winning the war? WTF. Not only could back up zero of his smack talk, he then just casually has moved on as it all of sudden its not a big deal. So, this is the sign of a man who is a coward and only has bravado in the face of success

Back