Why not book a rematch if Sean O’Malley can immediately return?

I mean if he was the champion and defended maybe it would make sense, but other than being popular on the internet, O'Malley is literally an unranked nobody, so there is no reason to humor him, especially with the shitty attitude he's got

If he loses too the same opponent twice he's done as a hype job for a number of years, as it is that fight could be written off as a "fluke loss" and the hype rebuilt more quickly.

One wants to move up in competition while the other wants to stay where he is. No rematch needed. Let the other guy move on with his career. If their paths lead them to each other again only then should they fight. O whatever doesn't deserve anything. Step up in competition or STFU.

I just watched his new video which is surprise surprise filled with excuses BUT he said he wants to come back again before the end of the year. Why not have those two scrap and settle the score ? It’s not like O’Malley is seriously injured he just twisted his ankle a bunch of times and got elbowed in the face. Besides I like rivalry and trash talk between Chito and Sean it feels real and not some bs fake marketing shit that we Usually get.

Mans need to drink some milk and get his calcium in order

That would be in bad faith.

Right, there is nothing controversial but a million threads and people are debating whether it was a fluke, how the injury happened, etc.

You can say that it was a legitimate win and that Sean does not deserve it. But it has been tremendously controversial.
If sean won in the same way, would the ufc give Marlon Vera a rematch? No they wouldn't. A rematch would be in bad faith and sort of a punishment for beating the hype train. Favoritism ruined the ufc when conor was handed everything.

Last thing their hypetrain needs is to lose two in a row.

They'll build him back up and really hit hard that the loss was 'questionable' in the promos.

agreed. wineland/o’malley 2. let’s do it

No obligation to Chito imo, I bet they will try and bribe him to take the rematch though.

he doesn't deserve a rematch with Chito. Why should Chito rematch a dude with less UFC experience who he finished in a round?

Back