• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why the hell is The Wkend headlining the halftime show?

The Weeknd has over 68 million monthly listeners on Spotify.
Madonna has under 15 million.

It's clear which one is massively more popular. We're not talking about all time record sales here...
And mainly young people use Spotify

The Weeknd has over 68 million monthly listeners on Spotify.
Madonna has under 15 million.

It's clear which one is massively more popular. We're not talking about all time record sales here...
Oh and I thought we were talking about madonna vs selena gomez lol

It isn't like only teenagers stream music, even my mom almost exclusively listens to music thru streaming now ffs

Madonna is a legend but it is 2021, not the 80s. Do you really think that many people go out of their way to listen to Madonna unless they are in an 80s pop kick or something?

It isn't like only teenagers stream music, even my mom almost exclusively listens to music thru streaming now ffs

Madonna is a legend but it is 2021, not the 80s. Do you really think that many people go out of their way to listen to Madonna unless they are in an 80s pop kick or something?
I still listen to the
Immaculate Collection every few months or so but I have no idea of any of her new stuff since the Ali G track like 20 years ago.

Ya, it's very hard to compare popularity and number of ears listening nowadays. Young people use Spotify and other streaming music platforms. Old dudes are stilling rocking their CDs or Vinyl or cracking up the FM radio in their cars or while at work. How you can quantify how many times someone is listening to a song on his own CD vs how many times someone streams a song?

Ya, it's very hard to compare popularity and number of ears listening nowadays. Young people use Spotify and other streaming music platforms. Old dudes are stilling rocking their CDs or Vinyl or cracking up the FM radio in their cars or while at work. How you can quantify how many times someone is listening to a song on his own CD vs how many times someone streams a song?
I guess one way would be to see how many people of all ages know either artist or heard their songs and I'm sure more ppl have either heard of or listened to a madonna song in their life

Alot of people over 30 don't know who the weekend is, and he only started being popular what around 5 years ago?

Alot of people over 30 don't know who the weekend is, and he only started being popular what around 5 years ago?
He has a cult following when he was more mysterious and underground with hits like The Morning and Wicked Games, like a decade ago. But blew the hell up around '14 with Cant feel my face, Often, the Hills, Earned It. He's basically been a superstar for half a decade now.

I think you might be living in your own little bubble

There's a whole word outside of whatever group of people you're surrounded with lol
i wouldnt say that assuming alot of ppl 30+ dont know who some disney star whose claim to fame is fucking justin bieber is a far fetched statement, bud

Can't we all just enjoy a bit of everything? I thought it may have been a bit strange but if he old selled everyone why is it even up for debate?
As the resident old wench y'all need to stop being so 20 years ago. He is really good.

Can't we all just enjoy a bit of everything? I thought it may have been a bit strange but if he old selled everyone why is it even up for debate?
As the resident old wench y'all need to stop being so 20 years ago. He is really good.
He’s just another singer that tries to sing and dance like MJ. We’ve seen it done countless times. Nothing original with him.

Back