• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why the hell is The Wkend headlining the halftime show?

Wasn't a bad show, but could've used a few surprise special guest/collaborators.

Dude is entertaining just not carry the Superbowl solo level.

Wasn't a bad show, but could've used a few surprise special guest/collaborators.

Dude is entertaining just not carry the Superbowl solo level.
I dunno. I like Coldplay, that needed a bit of something but I thought it was a bit bobbins.
Yesterday was a bit eerie and I liked it like that.

Being a hater “critic” is in nowadays. Usually a bunch of bitter boomers hoping Pearl Jam performed instead.
Would have been way better than watching a bunch of people wearing jock straps on their face, and a singer that lip synced and put on the most boring show ever. Pearl Jam would have done rocking in the free world with Neil Young and brought the house down. This isn’t a generational argument....I like new younger acts, but this guy is bland live. Bruno Mars is half his size and has 2x the stage presence.....

Would have been way better than watching a bunch of people wearing jock straps on their face, and a singer that lip synced and put on the most boring show ever. Pearl Jam would have done rocking in the free world with Neil Young and brought the house down. This isn’t a generational argument....I like new younger acts, but this guy is bland live. Bruno Mars is half his size and has 2x the stage presence.....
Sure boomer. Lol what’s next you gonna tell me how eve 6 woulda rocked the house with Garth brooks.

I love PJ but newp. I just want stuff current, ya know?
Honest to god I’d take AFI, blink 182 hell even sum 41 all together in a early 2000’s tribute over Pearl Jam at half time. I’m a Pearl Jam fan but Jeremy will not speak at half time.

Doesn't he do old-school cabaret lighting and perform in the shadows for some shows? Feels like the half time would have been better in that setting, the bright red coat and yank-a-doodle camera stuff was just okay

Honest to god I’d take AFI, blink 182 hell even sum 41 all together in a early 2000’s tribute over Pearl Jam at half time. I’m a Pearl Jam fan but Jeremy will not speak at half time.
Get your reasoning. Only time I saw them it was a 3 hour session, I fell asleep.

He is huge with young people. He is weird looking but has that big dancing hit on TikTok. This fits with the way the world is going. He wins the BLM crowd, the LGBT crowd, screw middle America lol. I mean really, Maroon 5 shirt off guy, Missy Elliot, Cold Play, Beyoncé....anyone think those songs are being played in tail gates? Lmao

How does he screw middle america?

Blink would be a fun act, they could pair them with Lil Uzi or another emo-inspired rapper for crossover appeal (or maybe one of the rappers Travis has a collab with).

I dunno. I like Coldplay, that needed a bit of something but I thought it was a bit bobbins.
Yesterday was a bit eerie and I liked it like that.
How does he screw middle america?
middle amaerica doesn’t want to watch a plastic surgery fruitcake lip sync Ing while a bunch of people are wearing jock straps on their heads. They also didn’t want Adam Levine with his fucking shirt off or Coldplay playing sad music. They want AC/DC or Luke Bryant, or at least someone who is exciting like Mars was.

He’s just another singer that tries to sing and dance like MJ. We’ve seen it done countless times. Nothing original with him.
He didn't define a genre. Music evolves.

Lip sync? Naw man. He had a back track yes, but he was singing his ass off

middle amaerica doesn’t want to watch a plastic surgery fruitcake lip sync Ing while a bunch of people are wearing jock straps on their heads. They also didn’t want Adam Levine with his fucking shirt off or Coldplay playing sad music. They want AC/DC or Luke Bryant, or at least someone who is exciting like Mars was.
Bingo. I liked Coldplay but not their performance, Adam Levienge was rubbish.
I just don't know why people can't be adults about it and understand what's popular. And that isn't a terrible thing if I can get along with it.

Back