Wife brings home a surprise today....

Picked up another WASR today. Seller needed money- $250 bought it.

DSC03728.jpg

Not keeping it though- bought it to sell. I listed it for $525, and it'll sell fast at that price.

Newest theft/deal : CAA 5-rail system for AK $379 retail

CAA X47 AK 5-Rail System $379

I got it for $87. :icon_twis

And I need an AK rail system like I need more holes in my head. Couldn't pass it up though- new in box, guy just got it, wanted to go traditional instead of tactical. I gave him a $60 set of Bulgy plum furniture and $27.

2011-04-25165726.jpg

*dances naked*

sober now

Last edited:
Next gun: wife wants one, she likes my Draco
This is the Kel-Tec PLR-16, in .223 caliber, 18 inches long
keltec-plr16-21387910.jpg

Kel-Tec PLR-16 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're pretty cool, decent little fireball when night shooting.

When we had the SU-16 (same action) we found that we had to replace the extractor, spring and insert with one from an AR if we wanted to shoot wolf. The factory one can't handle prolonged use with steel case.

They're pretty cool, decent little fireball when night shooting.

When we had the SU-16 (same action) we found that we had to replace the extractor, spring and insert with one from an AR if we wanted to shoot wolf. The factory one can't handle prolonged use with steel case.

Thanks for the info on the parts to shoot steel ammo. I try to feed the wife's enthusiasm about guns, then I can do what I want with them and she's happy.

There's a guy on a gun forum that always makes crazy deals, and he's wanting to trade teh CETME I traded him, plus a scope and mount he added, for an UNconverted Saiga 5.45; he wants a project this weekend. If I had a little more cash on hand I'd order one and have it overnighted and make that deal- even with $90 shipping overnight, it's still under $500 from CSS, and that cetme package is easily $700 or $800 worth of stuff.

Had a guy stiff me on a sale last night. No big deal at all, as my stuff always sells, but today the price is up $75. I just re-photographed it with a AK74 brake and 14-24mm adapter, and stuck a $575 tag on it. Yesterday, had he come at 8pm or thereabouts like he promised, after agreeing to it in principle so I'd take all my ads down about it barring bad issue with gun, he would have got it at $500. I don't need the money really, just gun cash, and (searches for random reason) since today is a Friday the 29th I'm being a bit of a prick about it. :icon_twis

Picked up a new toy. Traded an AK74 for it. Colt 1911 Commander 70 series.
DSCF3007.jpg

DSCF3006.jpg

Sweet shooter, with a muzzle brake/ compensator on the 4.25" Clark barrel. Fun to shoot, hardly any recoil even with +P 230 gr ball. I plan to buy some stiffer recoil springs and firing pin springs and shoot some 45 Super to see how it handles it. (I may just get a cheap Glock to beat up with the 45 Super ammo) It is almost as tight as the Luger and is accurate enough; we were shooting at various diameter trees with this and the AK74 and the 45 rounds were just blowing chunks of wood all over. The 74 shredded a 12" diameter tree (tallow trees that grow everywhere like weeds)

I now have it loaded with Winchester PDX1 230 gr JHP. I ran through a box and they feel fine- that was 1 big requirement, that the 45 I buy feed JHP. This is the first handgun in .45 auto that I've owned and I'm sold on the round. The recoil impulse is soft, being only 850-900 FPS.

Sold several guns to have fun money for summer. Sold the Colt, another 74, the S&W 38, practically everything but the Luger. I am now starting to re-pack the gun safe. I picked up a Speedfeed shotgun stock a while back for next to nothing- pistol grip, polymer butt stock, with places to store shells on each side of the butt- and later picked up a used Maverick 88 12 ga on which to mount it. Having done Saiga pistol-grip conversions, I was happy to find that changing from a sporter stock to a pistol grip/butt stock combo offers the same increase in control for the shotgun as it does for the AK. The 500 or the Remington 870 make better HD choices in that their magazines can be expanded up to 10 rounds, whereas the 88s mag is fixed at 5 rounds; the barrel design does not permit easy installation of extended mag tubes like on the previously mentioned guns. But the 88 can be had for as little as $100 used, which is what I paid for this one.
Nabbed a nickel Taurus 38 for a song, a snub hammerless with wood grips, for the truck glove compartment. An $80 Titan .25 Auto followed that, and then I spotted a used KelTec PF9 in the locals for cheap, so I nabbed that, too.
Still have to order another Draco, and a Saiga, and the wife wants a revolver- I'll probably get her an EAA Windicator, as she liked the other one. They're cheap, and built like tanks, and hold 6 shots, about the size of a S&W K-frame.

If I hadn't gone all postal on my computer, I could post pics, but this old PC doesn't have a card reader in it, and I killed my good one. Ubuntus Keyring service was pissing me off; I deleted it, and then couldn't log in or use the damn thing. I had had it with the damn box, so I yanked it free from it's mooring of cables, and raised it over my head, and brought it down as hard as I could on the end of my nice Pendlay barbell- it still had 4 45 lb plates on each end, and those made an IDEAL anvil on which to smash the stupid thing. The new parts, a quad-core Intel, mobo, ram, etc, arrive Monday.

XD-45 Springfield. Accurate, reliable, holds 13+1 of .45 ACP. I use 230 gr HP loads.
DSCF3020.jpg

Sold the KelTec, the 25 auto; kept the shotgun, the Taurus 38, and the Luger. I have to rebuild the front suspension of my 99 Ranger ($750 or so in parts) then I get to order a Draco.

A buddy of mine had one of those. Is that an XD or and XDm? He switched from an xd .45 to a XD Sub .40 and was amazed by the accuracy. I have an XDm .40 full and wear it everywhere in a Crossbreed holster.

It's the XD, not the m model. I chose it over the Glock for the XDs grip safety, like a 1911s. I don't care much for manual safeties, but I like a grip safety on an auto.

{{I wonder if, in an open-carry state, I could get away with carrying a Draco on my hip, since it's classed as a pistol?? :icon_chee }}

I nabbed this shotgun butt for a song, and picked up a cheap MossMaverick 88. Control is so much better with the pistol grip vs without. If you've shot an unconverted Saiga and an AK before, then you know the difference a pistol rip makes.
DSCF3027.jpg

The PF9 in that pic is gone, but I plan to replace it with the smaller KelTec P32. Those small calibers are not one-shot stoppers, but they are better than fists, and it's small enough to have on me just about all the time, even in this hot-ass Texas summer.

Whew, what a year 2011 was, gun-wise. I spent too much on a couple of guns, got a few insane deals, made a profit on a couple, and generally had a hell of a good time. :D

The collection gets bigger or smaller as finances fluctuate, so currently I am down to the Luger and 1 AK, a WASR. This WASR I got in trade was in unfired condition, and was all straight, no cant to the gas block or front sight, and no twist to the receiver. The bluing on the bottom of the bolt was still intact.
I swapped out the front sight base for a AK74 version, and put a nice new Russian long-collar muzzle brake off a modern AK-100 (AK74) series. I changed out the wood for black polymer, and the pistol grip for a black Hogue.

DSC03912.jpg

Took the Luger out today and shot it, I put maybe 30 rounds through it, and brought it home and cleaned it. It's still funny how accurate it is, and it didn't jam once with Winchester white box 115 gr HP ammo (Lugers are not supposed to feed HP very well, but I am fortunate enough to have one that does).

I also learned never to pawn another gun ever again. I pawned the Luger to buy my wife a Christmas present, then scraped the money up to get it out of pawn a week later. I found out that I had to fill out a background check just like if I was purchasing a gun from them, even though this was my Luger. I asked the owner about this, and he told me that it's always been like that. Why would I have to fill out a BG check on a gun I already own? Doesn't make sense. I never asked what happens if you fail the background check, what happens to your gun?

===============================

For the coming year:
* A .38 snub for the glovebox in my truck, preferably something polymer-framed like the LCR.
* A small auto, maybe a Kel-Tec, in 32 auto.
* possibly, an AR-type rifle.

Back