Wilder's Manager Says Joshua's Camp Not Serious About Fighting

I've watched it, I didn't watch it on the day. I had no real interest in Canelo vs GGG. I figured it would be the same as the first fight with Canelo having more cardio this time round. I've got zero interest in Wilder, I've probably only seen two of his fights in his whole career and I've only seen about 4 of Joshua.
if canelo vs golovkin doesn't get you excited, what does?

not being a dick, i genuinely want to know.

He’s great. Almost the perfect combo would be his shit talking and Wilders wild style. Fury sounds crazy and unhinged but he’s actually a very smooth and technical boxer.
Dudes a drug cheat I hope he gets knocked the F out

*warning this is a parody of another member*

Well Joshua's camp is trying to forced an arbitrary deadline on negotiations instead of waiting until after Dec 1st. And Joshua wanted a rematch clause but only if he lost, so it's only fair for Wilder to have one for himself, or you just don't have a rematch clause.

Well Joshua's camp is trying to forced an arbitrary deadline on negotiations instead of waiting until after Dec 1st. And Joshua wanted a rematch clause but only if he lost, so it's only fair for Wilder to have one for himself, or you just don't have a rematch clause.

How do you know about the rematch clause? Seems to me that it’s speculation unless you’ve seen the contract or were part of the negotiations?

No matter what’s actually going on behind the scenes, this public shit slinging is both tedious and unhelpful.

How do you know about the rematch clause? Seems to me that it’s speculation unless you’ve seen the contract or were part of the negotiations?
Wilder made a point to say it and Joshua didn't deny it. Also, there's many things that could be considered speculation if you weren't there for it. Many respected reporters have confirmed it as well, also that the original contract had no date or location.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ovetkin-sept-putting-deontay-wilder-bout-hold

Said Hearn: "Only if Anthony Joshua loses is there a rematch, and it would be in America with a 50-50 split. That was in the written terms."

No matter what’s actually going on behind the scenes, this public shit slinging is both tedious and unhelpful.

I don't know why they think the public cares about what happens in the office. Who made that a thing? Did it come out of the Floyd era; with the Floyd Pacquiao negotiations?

I wouldn't care if I didn't know who was being promoted by who or what the terms of the contract were. I just care about the fight.

Wilder made a point to say it and Joshua didn't deny it. Also, there's many things that could be considered speculation if you weren't there for it. Many respected reporters have confirmed it as well, also that the original contract had no date or location.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ovetkin-sept-putting-deontay-wilder-bout-hold

Said Hearn: "Only if Anthony Joshua loses is there a rematch, and it would be in America with a 50-50 split. That was in the written terms."

the wilder bout wasn’t put on hold. Everyone knew that povetkin was the mandatory from April. The wba said so unless, there was a unification fight. It wasn’t a secret. The povetkin fight was eventually ordered because the fight wasn’t made. Wilder agreed the fight, then demanded 50/50, knowing he wasn't going to get it! He ducked out and chased fury

Last edited:
I’ve got a mate who loves boxing but hates heavyweights, I don’t even bother talking about the HW division with him. Fair enough anyway man, up to you of course

I like heavyweights, I dunno Wilder just doesn't interest me at all, I like boxers not windmills and I'm not trying to discredit him and saying he's no champion, 99% KO rate proves otherwise, I'm just saying he's not a fighter I want/like to watch.

if canelo vs golovkin doesn't get you excited, what does?

not being a dick, i genuinely want to know.

I love watching guys like Rosado fight, win or lose it's always entertaining, I like watching Pacquiao, Cotto, Gervonta Davis, I like tough fighters, pure fighters, dirty fighters and aggressive fighters. I like Canelo but I couldn't give a shit about GGG who in my opinion 90% of his opponents were cab drivers. I also don't like jumping on the bandwagon of fighters when they become popular.

So you like Fury then

I like Fury's press conferences, don't like him as a fighter, I see him as untalented as Wilder when it comes to boxing talent.

Of course it’s not. They could’ve fought last week but wilder chased fury instead. Imo finkel is stating this because the opposite is true. They can fight in April but it won’t happen. as has been said many times before only 1 guy is serious and has made any effort to unify the division. The other guy had fought 1 quality opponent in 40 fights and 3 years as champion?? The facts speak for themselves

It is sorry, Wilder and Fury was agreed upon after AJ and Wilder fell through. Wilder's past opponents isn't evidence that he doesn't want to fight AJ and I agree his resume isn't that good. AJ's team put forward a contract that nobody would sign, it was clear that weren't interested at this current time.

Reminder, nobody is saying AJ is scared.

I love watching guys like Rosado fight, win or lose it's always entertaining, I like watching Pacquiao, Cotto, Gervonta Davis, I like tough fighters, pure fighters, dirty fighters and aggressive fighters. I like Canelo but I couldn't give a shit about GGG who in my opinion 90% of his opponents were cab drivers. I also don't like jumping on the bandwagon of fighters when they become popular.

all right then, to each their own.

i would really characterise GGG as a tough, pure, aggressive fighter, though. maybe not dirty, but i don't think you meant dirty in a negative way anyway, considering the guys you listed? he's an olympic medalist who stalks people and fucks them up something fierce, with a chin that's out of this world. on the off chance that you really haven't seen his fights, i think you're missing out. he's a treat to watch, i can't think of a single fight of his that sucked. you can't make it boring with golovkin.

all right then, to each their own.

i would really characterise GGG as a tough, pure, aggressive fighter, though. maybe not dirty, but i don't think you meant dirty in a negative way anyway, considering the guys you listed? he's an olympic medalist who stalks people and fucks them up something fierce, with a chin that's out of this world. on the off chance that you really haven't seen his fights, i think you're missing out. he's a treat to watch, i can't think of a single fight of his that sucked. you can't make it boring with golovkin.

I mean dirty in a way that they flirt the boundary between clean and cheating. I loved guys like Mayorga, Morales, Barerra, Camancho. GGG to me just isn't an interesting fighter, he fights the same every single fight bar the latest Canelo fight and that's where he fell flat. His entire arsenal is jab jab straight, jab jab hook, jab jab uppercut. If he fought Jacobs again he loses.

It is sorry, Wilder and Fury was agreed upon after AJ and Wilder fell through. Wilder's past opponents isn't evidence that he doesn't want to fight AJ and I agree his resume isn't that good. AJ's team put forward a contract that nobody would sign, it was clear that weren't interested at this current time.

Reminder, nobody is saying AJ is scared.

Really, nobody would sign a contract for 3 world titles and a purse that is 5 times larger than in any of their previous 40 fights? Are you being serious dude? And If AJs not scared, why doesn’t he want the fight?

It didn’t fall through, wilder agreed to the terms, then demanded 50/50, then agreed the fury fight.
We all knew povetkin would be ordered if the fight couldn’t be made. No surprise that it was right at the time wilder had a rant and refused to negotiate?
Of course it was easy to make the wilder/fury fight because fury looked dreadful in his comeback (as to be expected) and had absolutely zero bargaining power at negotiations. In fact it was probably easy as he gets a shot at the title and gets his biggest payday. Why wouldn’t he sign to fight? A very similar position that wilder was in with Joshua; 3 belts and his biggest payday, yet he still knocked it back. He wins the fight and rules the boxing world? Why would he do that! How does that make any sense whatsoever? Wilder bangs on about being unified champ, but what has he done in his 3 years as champion to acheive this? Absolutely nothing. Hes fought Ortiz and a bunch of average top 50 fighters. Only 1 guy has shown any intent to unify yet the odd person is now trying to claim that he doesnt want the wbc belt?? If you can rationalise why wilder wouldn’t make the fight for 3 extra world titles, his largest payday by over $10m and to become the undisputed hw champ of the world, then I’ll happily accept you’re view on this.
I garuntee that if fury beats wilder, fury vs Joshua will also be easy to make!

Last edited:
People say wilder wants the AJ fight really doesn't seem like he is keen for the April fight to me? I posted this before but think it went ignored.

20th AUG

David Haye "This fight (fury) could provide the perfect build up to AJ"
Wilder "Most Definitely, and that might be a long time coming"

I like heavyweights, I dunno Wilder just doesn't interest me at all, I like boxers not windmills and I'm not trying to discredit him and saying he's no champion, 99% KO rate proves otherwise, I'm just saying he's not a fighter I want/like to watch.

I like Fury's press conferences, don't like him as a fighter, I see him as untalented as Wilder when it comes to boxing talent.
No way men Fury have the most talent for boxing then Joshua and Wilder have together. Fury dance move head job in side fight out side he is great only thing he do not have is power but no one is perfect

No way men Fury have the most talent for boxing then Joshua and Wilder have together. Fury dance move head job in side fight out side he is great only thing he do not have is power but no one is perfect

Headmovement and outside fighting really doesn't take a lot of skill especially when you're 7 foot tall.

Headmovement and outside fighting really doesn't take a lot of skill especially when you're 7 foot tall.

Fighting tall should come natural if you're looming over everybody, I agree, but the first time I saw Fury move I can't lie I was impressed by his coordination being so big. lol

Fighting tall should come natural if you're looming over everybody, I agree, but the first time I saw Fury move I can't lie I was impressed by his coordination being so big. lol

Yeah his coordination sure is something
200.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back