Elections Will Trump be on the primary and/or general ballot? (SCOTUS says Trump will remain 9-0)

Should a state have the right to remove a murderer from the ballot for president? I can certainly understand the sentiment for not allowing them on the ballot.

You Trump folks have a really low bar.

Obama legit murdered innocents with a drone strikes….

In his first term

So did Biden with when an entire innocent family was wiped out with an air strike immediately after the airport bombing

I'm a little late to the party I know. Finally got around to talking to some close friends living in Colorado. They said they have yet to meet anyone that is pushing for Trump to be off the ballot. They said, "Its just the silly politicians making fools of themselves out of fear."

About the other couple states that tried the same thing? Not sure. I don't have any inside info on those.

I don't see a thread on super tuesday .. anyone watching the california senate results .. schiff was consistently leading garvey and the lead was growing .. grew to 200k .. but then I just checked and .. harvey now leads by 700k whoa 1.8 mil to 1.1 mil .. 45% to 28% at the moment .. is there a run off if the winner doesn't reach 50% ?

In his first term

So did Biden with when an entire innocent family was wiped out with an air strike immediately after the airport bombing
As did Trump with air strikes in Yemen in Syria.

But those actions, as much as I condemn them for all of those presidents, are directly related to their constitutional duty as Commander-In-Chief. I know of no provision which allows for disqualifying a president because we don’t like how they executed official/constitutional duties.

But Trump’s actions—like a multi-state scheme to submit slates of electors other than the ones which should legally be submitted, calling up state officials in GA and MI to pressure them to “find” him votes, holding these ahem “rallies,” in which he directs followers to go to the Capitol during election certification to fight like hell, and so on—are wayyyyyy outside the scope of any official duty. The Constitution gives the President no role whatsoever in how states run elections, how they allow people to vote and tally votes, what electors are appointed, what happens at the certification, etc. In fact, aside from the VP reading the chosen electors, the Constitution provides no role for the entire Executive Branch in this process.

These actions are wildly illegal, and I think it’s quite clear that he shouldn’t be eligible to run. That said, it should be a moot point, because any POTUS who does this should have been impeached, removed, and barred from holding public office.

Side note: This is basically my view on the immunity issue as well. I think it’s clear that the POTUS has wide-ranging immunity for things related to his constitutional duties. I don’t see how they could possible have immunity for crimes committed outside the scope of them.

and just like that schiff is winning again by 200k .. but the % of votes went down from 43% in to 41% and the vote count went down lol no shenanigans of course

Schiff won 35% and Garvey won 30%, both advancing. Will be interesting, saw a good twitter post about how Porter or the other lady would have helped bring out progressive voters in the general. With Biden and Schiff on the CA ticket, progressives may feel both suck and stay home, where as a Trump and Garvey ticket will conservatives and right leaners to come out of the wood work. So it could affect down ballot tickets all over the state

In his first term

Obama, drones, Biden crime family, okay I get it. Trump is such a gentleman.

Obama, drones, Biden crime family, okay I get it. Trump is such a gentleman.

Newly Declassified Video Shows U.S. Killing of 10 Civilians in Drone Strike​

The New York Times obtained footage of the botched strike in Kabul, whose victims included seven children, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

Just saying... Democrats are desperate to remove immunity for actions taking by Trump when he was President.

These things can go in both directions once Pandora's box is opened.

It happens all the time.

The New York Times obtained footage of the botched strike in Kabul, whose victims included seven children, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

Just saying... Democrats are desperate to remove immunity for actions taking by Trump when he was President.

It happens all the time.

Why will you not take up my point? The actions that we claim Trump has no immunity from, are outside the scope of his constitutional duties. Like, wayyyy outside.

Nobody is trying to prosecute him for killing civilians in Yemen, his disastrous pullout in Syria, or his dumbfuck decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, resulting in protests where several people died. Why on earth would a POTUS be immune from prosecution for a multi-state scheme to submit fake electors and nullify the lawful votes of millions of Americans?

It happens all the time.

Has any US president in the last hundred years not done something similar to this during their official duties? This is a false equivalency as an official act is much different than personal behavior and business practices.

There is plenty of shit Trump has done in his personal and business life that many reasonable people would say should exclude him from office.

You are just grasping at straws here, Trump is a low life and you want to drag everyone else into the mud with him. Just accept he is a low life and you want to vvote for him.

It happens all the time.

Presidential Duties. Presidents do have immunity. What TR7MP is asking for is complete immunity including actions taken outside the scope of Presidential Duties. It's not only instigating the attack on the Capitol, it's the plan to use Republican State Legislatures to overturn the results of the election that's he's charged with, and that's obviously something a former President should answer for in a court of law.

Why will you not take up my point? The actions that we claim Trump has no immunity from, are outside the scope of his constitutional duties. Like, wayyyy outside.

Nobody is trying to prosecute him for killing civilians in Yemen, his disastrous pullout in Syria, or his dumbfuck decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, resulting in protests where several people died. Why on earth would a POTUS be immune from prosecution for a multi-state scheme to submit fake electors and nullify the lawful votes of millions of Americans?
@Scerpi would be making sense if TR7MP was being indicted for bombing that Iranian General in Iraq. Giving a President immunity to try rigging elections can't be argued. The real Pandora's box would be to grant TR7MP's request then not expect Biden to be free to try the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back