Wonderboys inability to win close decisions

In MMA he has outshined Wonderboy. Machida's karate is far better adapted to the sport. Something Wonderbrah isn't all too good at doing. Someone should tell him it's mma and not a Karate fight.

His hands, his timing, his fluidity between strikes and takedowns. His takedown defense as well as his footwork have clearly shown which is better in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS.

Which is the entire argument you run away from with Wonderboy's past accolades.

Remember only one of the two has touched gold using their style. The other lost to Matt Fucking Brown.<NoneOfMy>

PS...You still can't read...and it will most likely show in your response.lol

Woodley-Thompson 1 was a draw. Thompson failed to win "gold" by the slimmest of margins, against an opponent who is better than anyone Machida ever beat. Thompson-Woodley 2 was even closer than the first, Woodley had ONE good flurry before the end, and that was it. Pussy effort from both.

overly cautious ...karate guys tend to develop that overly cautious game when can be not great in MMA
Pure Pure counter striking game and not ever show aggression or offense.
Exactly. If you want to be a point fighter with an emphasis on striking in MMA, you've got to learn to lead and to be busy.

Woodley-Thompson 1 was a draw. Thompson failed to win "gold" by the slimmest of margins, against an opponent who is better than anyone Machida ever beat. Thompson-Woodley 2 was even closer than the first, Woodley had ONE good flurry before the end, and that was it. Pussy effort from both.

Rashad was a faster/bigger/better version of Tyron...Machida showed how you use Karate effectively against that style. Wonderboy just can't fight unless someone comes straight at him.

Tyron is a WW with MW power, and a heavyweight journeyman gas tank and punch output.

The fact that Wonderboy couldn't get the job done in 2 fights against one of the worst WW champions ever(Above Serra and Menne...That isn't saying much)...Says more about how ineffective Wonderboy is.

He fought scared and refused to take any risk, because he knows he can't fight forward...and to beat Woodley you have to come forward.

Exactly. If you want to be a point fighter with an emphasis on striking in MMA, you've got to learn to lead and to be busy.

Point is that his opponents are equally hesitant, and wonderboy loses based on one short flurry which didn't even hurt him. It just feels wrong to award a winner in such pussy fights

Or lead just enough to lull them into your game...Like Machida did well. The only lulling Wonderboy does is putting people to sleep in the stands.

Wonderboy is an excellent striker. He just needs to learn how to adapt better. When the Karate style doesn't work because they are going against a competent offensive striker that isn't allowing errors, the karate style fighter has to have a secondary mode. Karate fighters need to realize that "octagon control" does not favor Karate. Machida and Wonderboy will continue to get punished for this.

Karate is good for finishes and clear decision blowouts, but if the other fighter keeps it close, they need to engage more. Engage offensively and walk opponent down. Atleast demonstrate your offensive striking in a match so judges don't think you only know how to be a counter striker. Pick the last two rounds to move forward.

Rashad was a faster/bigger/better version of Tyron...Machida showed how you use Karate effectively against that style. Wonderboy just can't fight unless someone comes straight at him.

Tyron is a WW with MW power, and a heavyweight journeyman gas tank and punch output.

The fact that Wonderboy couldn't get the job done in 2 fights against one of the worst WW champions ever(Above Serra and Menne...That isn't saying much)...Says more about how ineffective Wonderboy is.

He fought scared and refused to take any risk, because he knows he can't fight forward...and to beat Woodley you have to come forward.

He fought the only way possible with a kicking base against a wrestler, and his output in match 1 was okey. It was the second fight that was a disgrace from both.

He fought the only way possible with a kicking base against a wrestler, and his output in match 1 was okey. It was the second fight that was a disgrace from both.

So you agree, he is ineffective...

Unless his opponent comes at him with jaw up in the air swinging wild...And isn't a wrestler...He can't do shit?

Thank you, that's all I needed.

I seem to recall Machida having a merry time with Rashad/Couture/Tito... For some reason it didn't stop his kicking game whilst facing wrestlers. Even beautifully tossed Tito on his ass twice if I recall correctly. Maybe Wonderboy should take note...

Oh common, Rashad sucked in that fight and you know it. He was near useless. The stars were aligned that night for Machida, and his reign didn't last long.

Unless his opponent comes at him with jaw up in the air swinging wild...And isn't a wrestler...He can't do shit?

I seem to recall Machida having a merry time with Rashad/Couture/Tito... For some reason it didn't stop his kicking game whilst facing wrestlers. Even beautifully tossed Tito on his ass twice if I recall correctly. Maybe Wonderboy should take note...

Machida does not have a kicking base like Thompson. That's why I said: Don't be fooled by Machidas MMA skills in which he successfully mixed Shotokan, Sumo and BJJ.

How was he ineffective when the fight was declared a draw and both had their moments?

He doesn't throw a ton of volume which is why he doesn't win close decisions, if he would've thrown like 5 more strikes per round against woodley in the RM he would've won the belt /thread

He doesn't throw a ton of volume which is why he doesn't win close decisions, if he would've thrown like 5 more strikes per round against woodley in the RM he would've won the belt /thread

Or Woodley would have gotten an extra takedown, added to the one he already had, and the fight wouldn't even had been a draw but a win for Woodley

Machida does not have a kicking base like Thompson. That's why I said: Don't be fooled by Machidas MMA skills in which he successfully mixed Shotokan, Sumo and BJJ.

Given his finishes using kicks I would say your argument holds very little water.

Rashad came off flatlining Griffin and Machida is superior to what you credit him with.

Wonderboy is a fighter relying on past accolades in his sport. This is MMA, which he fails to win big in.

Btw, getting thoroughly beaten down by Matt Brown everywhere the fight went doesn't do him any favors at all.

Or Woodley would have gotten an extra takedown, added to the one he already had, and the fight wouldn't even had been a draw but a win for Woodley
Woodley got 0 takedowns off of WB when he was pressuring in that fight

Given his finishes using kicks I would say your argument holds very little water.

Rashad came off flatlining Griffin and Machida is superior to what you credit him with.

Wonderboy is a fighter relying on past accolades in his sport. This is MMA, which he fails to win big in.

Btw, getting thoroughly beaten down by Matt Brown everywhere the fight went doesn't do him any favors at all.

Machida is not a bad kicker. He has excellent timing and results to boot. If you had a pure kicking contest between him and Thompson however, smart money is on Thompson. Thompson uses his range better, is more fluid and can rely on kicks as a base, which Machida can't. Oh and I think it's unfair to judge Thompson based on one fight against Brown. Just like Mike Tyson shouldn't be judged based on his loss to Buster Douglas.

Yes.. But he is much better than Machida.
No he's not. Machida In his prime had better body kicks and feints. And he was harder to hit clean in the face. Wonderboy has gotten dropped 3 times in his last 5 fights with punches. And machida won the title and defended it

Machida is not a bad kicker. He has excellent timing and results to boot. If you had a pure kicking contest between him and Thompson however, smart money is on Thompson. Thompson uses his range better, is more fluid and can rely on kicks as a base, which Machida can't. Oh and I think it's unfair to judge Thompson based on one fight against Brown. Just like Mike Tyson shouldn't be judged based on his loss to Buster Douglas.

Not unfair at all. Brown pressured him and removed his only way to win...Kicks. Brown was tougher, had more heart, better grappling, and better hands.

The only thing Wonderboy had going for him were kicks. Take that away and what are you left with?

This isn't Tyson and Douglas...This is a counter fighter who wasn't given room to breathe and was beaten down.

Back