Woodley "confused", "baffled" about interim title fight

So we dislike interim belts, except when it's for Tyron's belt because we don't like him.

Cut him some slack. Dude was active as fuck and now he's injured. Sure he complains, his fights weren't the most exciting, and he constantly pulls the race card, but you have to admit this is one of the weirder interim fights we've seen. Hardly justifiable.

Good post except the race card shit.

Don't get baited by Sherdogs obsession with race, he's only openly discussed race in a handful of interviews - most of which he was asked to - and it's been well over a year since the last time he discussed it with an interviewer.

It's the posters here that constantly bring it up making it look bad. You go anywhere else and it's a non issue to MMA fans

Conor gets more leeway then Woodley because he brings a ton of money in.. Woodley is boring.. can't draw flies to shit and slags of Dana/UFC and accuses them of racism... Oh and he also acts like he wont fight RDA/Coby and that he wants Diaz..

I like the stance the UFC is taking.. Forces Woodley to fight RDA/Coby (RDA most likely)

Neither does Woodley here.

So nope, no favouritism or racism here.

Don't get baited by Sherdogs obsession with race, he's only openly discussed race in a handful of interviews - most of which he was asked to - and it's been well over a year since the last time he discussed it with an interviewer.

It's the posters here that constantly bring it up making it look bad. You go anywhere else and it's a non issue to MMA fans

I don’t personally think it’s a race issue.I’m just commenting on how it gets twisted into one when Tyron’s name is involved. Cheers.

Strip any champion who doesn't defend the title after one year, regardless of the reason for their inactivity. I wish the UFC had a little more structure and consistency when it came to titles, contender spots, and rankings, but I'm probably asking for too much.

Then why rewatch? Was it a good fight? Yes, but the decision not so much.
Rewatch it and enjoy the fight. I've re watched shogun vs machida countless times. A bad decision doesn't make it a bad fight

They’re trying to get rid of him just like they screwed Werdum out of a rematch with Stipe

Just like they screwed Jacare

Just like they screwed Yoel for the longest

I see a pattern here...

People over complicating this.

There's a PPV in 7 weeks with no sellable title fight, so UFC doing what it always does, creating a interim title.

It'll be the 3rd interim title fight in 4 PPVs. Same old.

Let me get this straight lmao....

Conor disappears for over a year, fights in an entire separate promotion. Conor doesn't get interim belt. Woodley fights contender after contender and gets injured, takes a few months to heal, gets slapped with an interim title... Lol. Sherdog, I'm not impressed by your performance. Just because Woodley makes you butthurt doesn't mean you have to be retarded.

To be fair Conor makes the UFC a fuck ton of money and Woodely doesn't. Sorry but this is how the real world works. The more weight you pull the more benefits you'll get.

Besides making an interim championship belt will only make Tyron's next defense more marketable as it will be a unification bout. It could also leave room for a super fight that he thinks he deserves, but probably won't get.

What difference does it make to Woodley though? It's not like he won't still be the champ.

Really ? Cause the last i heard him was on the Rogan show not 3 months ago and he was all in on the race shit. If he was any other race doing the same thing, he would be branded as a complete moron.

Really is stupid tho dudes not been inactive that long Woodley gets hate justified but he's in the right here

Back