Woodley "confused", "baffled" about interim title fight

Weird and stupid. I've had enough of bullshit personally. It's getting hard to follow the UFC.

He should settle for:

a5f443300765cc860c0b1e9ce8432636.gif
I miss those times...way more fun then red panty night

Wow I did not realize that Mr. Woodley is that short on smarts. Man in 3-6 more months without fighting, imagine the state of confusion he will be in when he is stripped for not fighting. Give yourself a break, and fight whoever they put in front of you. This should be every champs nightmare, you don't fight, we fight for a new champ. Do these belts mean only " I get more money" and that's all that matters anymore. Its a fukn joke. Good fighters should get paid more then shitty champs.

He’s not even been champ 2 years and he’s defended the belt 3x. What more do you want? He’s been out with an injury. I mean, I get not liking him for his personality and antics trying to get a big money fight, but if you look at Bisping or Nunes, both were champ longer than he was with less or similar title defenses.

Give yourself a break, and fight whoever they put in front of you.
He's been one of the more active champs in the current UFC. 4 title fights within 12 months.

Sure, he hasn't fought since July. But he had surgery in December, so it's not just that he's slacking off.

Last edited:
Khabib v ferg should also be one.

Maybe the UFC is waiting to make Conor v Floyd for a 155 title..

They should have Conor fight ferg or khabib first, because I would want to see them (especially khabib) vs Floyd more than conor. I'm about done with CM punk.. And I'm not talking about Phil Brooks.

people need to rewatch woodley/thompson 1. The 2nd fight was shitty and I think many of you are letting that affect your memory of the first fight.
Not good for Woodley tho, he lost the first fight, got away with a shit draw decision.

There needs to be a standard 12 month defend or vacate policy. If your injured you still vacate, but are eligible to fight for the title as soon as you're healthy.

It's the fight business. You can't make money off a fighter that doesn't fight.

Weird and stupid. I've had enough of bullshit personally. It's getting hard to follow the UFC.
As a real sport organization, pretty much a joke

They still have entertaining fights , with no meaning

Seems short sighted and only appeals to the low hanging fruit mentality.

Sad to see my sport degraded to just low form of entertainment

if he has a problem with an interim title fight, he needs to get in the cage and fight

The UFC created the whole problem by giving Woodley an undeserved title fight to begin with. Of course he won’t fight any top ranked guys with wrestling ability because he will get his ass whipped. He will hold the belt until he is stripped, and then howl “racism!”

I think we all are, Tyron.
It's a load of fuckign horseshit. Another cheap, meaningless, pointless 'belt' to try desperately to sell more PPV's.

As a real sport organization, pretty much a joke

They still have entertaining fights , with no meaning

Seems short sighted and only appeals to the low hanging fruit mentality.

Sad to see my sport degraded to just low form of entertainment
Yeah, and you see a lot of talk of how "this will sell, this is good because it sells, acting like an idiot is great because it sells, being rude and disrespectful is awesome because it sells".
I am also interested in the business side of MMA, at least to some extent. But these days people will excuse anything if it generates online traffic somehow.
Some fighter could upload a video of him eating shit and saying how everybody else is stupid and inferior, and I swear there would be some guy saying how this guy is a marketing genius.

Making fake belts and freakshow fights, all the hyperbole, it is very short sighted I feel. Especially coming from an organization. i get that a fighter would be good with making 100 mil for a freakshow fight, like Conor. Can't blame a guy for that, but an organization might want to keep some legitimacy?
I don't see how serious athletes would be comfortable going in to MMA careers. Most would be good with a great amateur career in their original sport and a comfy couching job, maybe doing some seminars and instructional vids etc. Why go for some fringe "sport" that is run like the WWE? Only if you are a huge fan of the sport or have massive confidence in that particular goal I guess.

Because the UFC sucks and is happy to pig fuck anybody who isn't named Conor or Brawck.

Also fans are racist shitheels who are only too happy to see Woodley lose the belt by any means necessary, since all their hopes have been strangled so far.

Hopefully Woodley gets pissed and makes an example of somebody.

He got booed out of the stadium in his last fight and blamed the fans. He was booed more than any fight in the last 100 UFC shows

All 3 of his defenses were amongst the worst in UFC history

Why is he surprised when they want to promote someone else instead? What did he expect to happen

This. I like Tyron but facts are facts.

It really doesn't take much smarts Tyron, the UFC doesn't like your whining, cherry picking and your comments on Dana. This is their response.

Let me get this straight lmao....

Conor disappears for over a year, fights in an entire separate promotion. Conor doesn't get interim belt. Woodley fights contender after contender and gets injured, takes a few months to heal, gets slapped with an interim title... Lol. Sherdog, I'm not impressed by your performance. Just because Woodley makes you butthurt doesn't mean you have to be retarded.

thats one way of looking at it I suppose, another way would be that Conor had 1 fight not in the ufc and made the company more money and gave them more exposure than woodley has done his entire time in the UFC, add in ontop of that how woodley has done nothing but go out of his way to piss off his bosses

you guys go around your offices or w/e next friday talking openly and loudly about wanting to punch your boss in the face and see if you get the same treatment the rest of your fellow employees are getting...come monday

Woodley does this all to himself, its not even that he has become super boring((he def has)) its that in his desperate attempt to garner more interest in himself he has done the opposite both from the fans and his employers

he thought he had bargaining power and the UFC is showing him....he really does not, the interim title doesnt make sense if you dont consider ((as others have mentioned)) the UFC motivations in doing this

Expert focus group studies have shown an increase in 10,000+ PPV buys when you change a non-title fight to an Interim Title Fight

Expert focus group studies have shown an increase in 20,000+ when you piss off Tyrone Woodley and he starts garnering media attention screaming the UFC is racist

This is what the UFC has become. It's fucking pathetic, but so are the casual fans that don't see through it

This interim belt is a way to sell more tickets/PPV, while at the same time jabbing at Woodley (something Dana is not going to pass up).

I agree that the last 2 title defenses were awful, but I think that this general dislike that Sherdog seems to have for Woodley, is clouding Sherdog’s judgment.

Back