Working 60+ hours per week

Humor me and tell me what you earn working a 60 hour week

I rather talk averages. Most doctors make between $200k - 500k. A lot depends on the specialty, where you work, and how many hours you want to put in. In some specialties, there are a lot of opportunities to work an easy full-time job with good benefits and decent pay for 30-40 hours a week and then pick up some high dollar gigs or cash private practice work on the side, essentially working 2 full-time jobs. So there can be a lot of variability.

And what can you do in those years besides sporting achievements that you can't do from 40 to 60 ?

He said late 40s , not 40. Your verve for life changes , the things you enjoy change it all changes. Hell I'm closing in on 40 and in great shape , have plenty of energy ect and I can tell you that you're perspective on aging / life ECT is going to start shifting in the next decade. That doenst mean you are rolling over and preparing to die or anything , but your mortality is gonna start creeping closer and closer into the forefront of your mind as you watch the wheels start to fall off of your parents and your contemporaries start dying.

I hate to say it because I'm not that much terribly older than you , but you sound like the typical kid that thinks hes got the grass on the other side all figured out without ever setting foot on it. That said , go ahead and piss it away if that's what you think is best, you clearly will any way if your attitude to towards a person/ people that have been there done that and are offering a different take is any indication.

Its like talking to my 17 year old to be honest , no perspective , no listening....she " knows " whats up and how the world is and that's that.

Respect for being a mans man

I do have question tho. Whatare some of your long term goals

I'm going to open a chain of businesses in locations that are profitable and that I like to travel to. I'll have the business buy some properties in those areas so I'll always have a home or a condo to travel to. I'll put my wife on the company so her travel can be paid for by the business as well. When I'm done doing that I'll sell the chain and all assets and start a small charity.

He said late 40s , not 40. Your verve for life changes , the things you enjoy change it all changes. Hell I'm closing in on 40 and in great shape , have plenty of energy ect and I can tell you that you're perspective on aging / life ECT is going to start shifting in the next decade. That doenst mean you are rolling over and preparing to die or anything , but your mortality is gonna start creeping closer and closer into the forefront of your mind as you watch the wheels start to fall off of your parents and your contemporaries start dying.

I hate to say it because I'm not that much terribly older than you , but you sound like the typical kid that thinks hes got the grass on the other side all figured out without ever setting foot on it. That said , go ahead and piss it away if that's what you think is best, you clearly will any way if your attitude to towards a person/ people that have been there done that and are offering a different take is any indication.

Its like talking to my 17 year old to be honest , no perspective , no listening....she " knows " whats up and how the world is and that's that.

If I was working on curing cancer, would I be pissing away my time at work ?

If I was working on curing cancer, would I be pissing away my time at work ?

Maybe not , but than again if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle , wouldn't she ?

A lousy troll job is all ive got to show for trying to help a brother out huh? ......shoulda known better.

Maybe not , but than again if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle , wouldn't she ?

A lousy troll job is all ive got to show for trying to help a brother out huh? ......shoulda known better.

Interesting so now you have totally changed your opinion

So earlier you said it was stupid to work and wsste your prime, but now in your mind some jobs mean wasting your prime and others it's actually not wasting your prime

Both mean you're at work and not doing your hobbies or whatever else you wish to do

Any other jobs on the ok to do list of yours ?

60 hours a week on average. Salaried NO OT.

And the pay is low. FML.

Interesting so now you have totally changed your opinion

So earlier you said it was stupid to work and wsste your prime, but now in your mind some jobs mean wasting your prime and others it's actually not wasting your prime

Both mean you're at work and not doing your hobbies or whatever else you wish to do

Any other jobs on the ok to do list of yours ?

Interesting how youre so fucking dumb that every piece of information/advice thats given to you has to be explained and parsed over like I'm talking to someone with a closed head injury.

Youre not curing cancer , you're putting boxes on a fucking truck, you putz.....work a monkey could do. So , since you aren't benefiting man kind at large in any sort of appreciable way , my suggestion was to look after yourself. When you turn into Jonas Salk maybe we'll make an exception.

Clearly you are too dense to do so and are doomed to a life of mediocrity. You'll never pass go , you'll never fucking win .....the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it with my food truck for a year, and almost 2 years of what I'm doing now

Not 60 though, I was over 70 hours a week with maybe a week off every 6 months. It wasn't easy work either, I was basically working as hard/fast as I could for the majority of the time

You can do it for a few years but I'm burned out like hell right now. It's hard enough to go sit in the back and watch my employees while shitposting. Sometimes I try to go hard but my fire has burned out. Maybe it'll come back, I'll let you know
I feel that. I was fortunate in the fact that I was able to work my ass off and provide a nice income for myself doing what I loved (photography) in the form of running my own business for about 8 years, while working 60-70 hours per week. I got so burnt out on it that I have not touched a camera besides a camera phone in 10 years now. Makes me sad.

Answer the question I asked .....

You are a completely different person at age 25-35 vs. age 40-60, both in body and mindset. Your body physically breaks down. You have less energy than you used to. You can't party like you used to. You can't stay out all night like you used to. You can't hang out in clubs flirting with foreign women like you used to. You can't go on long trips and physically exert yourself like you used. You don't have as many friends available to go places and spend time with you. You go on trips and everyone there is younger than you. Heck, you may not even want to do these things at 60.

Working 12 hours at a time is very hard life unless you have some sort of cushy office job. Generally whenever you get off you're too tired to do anything and even if you aren't tired there isn't much time left in the day. I mean if you're working 12 hours a day you need to be able to get plenty of sleep to be ready to go the next day which doesn't leave much free time for recreational activities, whatever that is to you./

I work 60+/wk for 6 months then i work 20ish/wk for 6 months. Im a salaried employee at a golf course in calgary. It works out that i can still have a lofe even in the summer. And my girl friend doesnt hate me for it either lol i still take 2 weeks holiday in the summer months and in the winter it nbd for me to go on a month holiday.

you're softer than babyshit if you cant do those kinda hours
Anybody who says they work those kinds of hours isn't working half the time. Probably 40 productive hours at most the rest of the time spent dicking around. Let me guess your an office workers. ......

Im working nights at the minute and there is plenty of spare work. Its easy work physically, lots of sitting around doing not much, the complete opposite of a hard labour job

Im thinking of upping my hours to 60 a week minimum for the money, if i do it i will be able to save up roughly $1250 per month

If i do that for a full year i would have 15k dollars, which sounds nice if i can think of how to parlay that money into something bigger such as another property etc ?

Anyway the questions are

Who does this, why, and how doable and sustainable is it ?

If you dont do it and dont have the option, would you do it if the option was there
I do it on occasion. Sometime close to 80 hrs.

Im working nights at the minute and there is plenty of spare work. Its easy work physically, lots of sitting around doing not much, the complete opposite of a hard labour job

Im thinking of upping my hours to 60 a week minimum for the money, if i do it i will be able to save up roughly $1250 per month

If i do that for a full year i would have 15k dollars, which sounds nice if i can think of how to parlay that money into something bigger such as another property etc ?

Anyway the questions are

Who does this, why, and how doable and sustainable is it ?

If you dont do it and dont have the option, would you do it if the option was there

Only one job!?? Lazi boi!! <KingstonFrown>

Interesting how youre so fucking dumb that every piece of information/advice thats given to you has to be explained and parsed over like I'm talking to someone with a closed head injury.

Youre not curing cancer , you're putting boxes on a fucking truck, you putz.....work a monkey could do. So , since you aren't benefiting man kind at large in any sort of appreciable way , my suggestion was to look after yourself. When you turn into Jonas Salk maybe we'll make an exception.

Clearly you are too dense to do so and are doomed to a life of mediocrity. You'll never pass go , you'll never fucking win .....the end.

Is this a good place to write...... TRIGGERED ha talk about a meltdown

I'm not putting boxes on trucks I'm not doing and kind on manual labour what so ever, never assume, kid

The point was you said I shouldn't waste my time / my prime on work. But it now seems there are exceptions to this hard and fast rule you have been touting in here.

No matter what the job is, the result on yourself is the same, the loss of time / youth / prime. So make your mind up, it's either ok to work through your prime or it isn't, you can't be passionately screaming that it isn't ok to waste your prime and then flip flop and say actually you know what it is if you're doing x y z

Go look at what NVDA stock did the past couple of years.

Most people there live off of $200 a month... Or less.

But it's a lovely place. Bali is gorgeous, the people are the friendliest I've encountered, and the weather is... Wow
Didn't realise he was from Bali I have only been once and didn't enjoy it very much.

Back