Worldwide MMA Lounge: Non-Thread Worthy News & Multimedia Discussions v1

Happy birthday my friend.

TYVM

<RomeroSalute>

Would also be cool if on off UFC Saturdays there was a (sticky or floating is good) thread in the Big Leagues of what's on and where to watch. Kinda get more community involvement. Prolly not something that fits the standards of what you guys want in the UFC Forum but just a thought.

I'll still prolly toss a few PBP alerts if threads exist or pop one myself. I know there isn't huge interest outside the UFC but can't grow interest without visibility and effort!

<{JustBleed}>

TYVM

<RomeroSalute>

Would also be cool if on off UFC Saturdays there was a (sticky or floating is good) thread in the Big Leagues of what's on and where to watch. Kinda get more community involvement. Prolly not something that fits the standards of what you guys want in the UFC Forum but just a thought.

I'll still prolly toss a few PBP alerts if threads exist or pop one myself. I know there isn't huge interest outside the UFC but can't grow interest without visibility and effort!

<{JustBleed}>
Great idea. I'll look into when I'm feeling less lazy. Of course feel free to do such threads.

T'day
UWC and or Centurian

Centurion FC: REX REDEMPTOR - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Main Card – Free Stream (Centurion-FC.com) – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
UWC 44: Prototipo vs. El Rey - Tijuana, Baja California, México - Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT

Saturday

Hopefully I rise in time
Road to UFC: Shanghai Part 1 - Shanghai, China - Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT
Road to UFC: Shanghai Part 2 - Shanghai, China - Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 8:00am ET / 5:00am PT

Maybe (on the side)
Octagon 45 - Almaty, Kazakhstan - Main Card – YouTube – 8:00am ET / 5:00am PT

NFC 14 - Essen, Germany - Main Card – iPPV (YouTube) – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
or
GFC 21 - Gori, Georgia - Main Card – YouTube – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT

LFA 159: Bellato vs. Dos Santos - Caraguatatuba, São Paulo, Brazil
Preliminary Card – YouTube – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT

Maybe (on the side or after)
Urijah Faber’s A1 Combat 11 - Wheatland, California, USA -
Preliminary Card – YouTube – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 11:00pm ET / 8:00pm PT

Sunday

Tis muh B-Day (turn 56) so I have Lunch and Dinner Plans...

If I rise in time...
Road to UFC: Shanghai Episode 3 -Shanghai, China - Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT
Road to UFC: Shanghai Episode 4 - Shanghai, China - Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 8:00am ET / 5:00am PT
EFC Global 32: Grand Prix 71kg - Osh, Kyrgyzstan - Main Card – YouTube – 7:00am ET / 4:00am PT

Prolly
Combate Global: Martinez vs Zarauz - Miami, Florida, USA - Main Card – Univision / Paramount+ – 11:00pm ET / 8:00pm PT

So I guess I'll just be watching a wee bit of MMA...

<RomeroSalute>

6VeQcNC.gif

Unless he was getting his ass kicked before that gif, I don't think he was TKOd. Those punches the vlogger threw looked more like suggestions. Sketchy all around.

That looked like a Nobuhiko Takada takedown from PRIDE.

That was rough. Aleks is known for his light speed hands and looked like he was swinging under water in this fight.

Why the ref or the other fighter stopped fighting is also very questionable. Definitely seems fishy. All punches were clean, Alek shelled up and was clearly rocked, the ref stops it but then they start again with no explanation?

also why shoot for a takedown in the second round after a dominant first round? Definitely seems fishy

That was rough. Aleks is known for his light speed hands and looked like he was swinging under water in this fight.

Why the ref or the other fighter stopped fighting is also very questionable. Definitely seems fishy. All punches were clean, Alek shelled up and was clearly rocked, the ref stops it but then they start again with no explanation?

also why shoot for a takedown in the second round after a dominant first round? Definitely seems fishy
Well other guy clearly said few days before the fight that if Emelianenko will be rocked by his punches he will not finish him.

No question it's fixed. Even I could have defended that awful kimura.

Alexander looks like he doesn't understand where he is. He moves like someone who has had a stroke. He probably has some brain damage at that point from drinking and getting punched in the head. Recently he has been brutally knocked out a few times.
He needs the money to pay rent and get drunk, easy money for his manager too as even in this shape he can still make decent money in Russia.

Watching some of the fights from regional Latin American MMA events from the past week.

Some absolute madness.

The guy in the red corner knocks down the guy in the blue corner starting the round and he then soccer kicks him flush in the face in. The ref. gives the blue corner who just got soccer kicked a chance to continue instead of just flat out DQ'ing the guy in the red corner for the soccer kick. Instead the ref. just takes a point away. The guy in the blue corner fully recovers and chokes him out in the same round.

Timestamped:

In a different fight on the same card, a guy fought under a yellow pro-wrestling mask and by the name Tarantula. The commentators said he had a pro-wrestling background. Regardless, he got himself choked out in the first round.

Timestamped:

More from a different event.

Here you'll see a guy tell the ref. to stop the fight temporarily to pull his shin guards up and the ref. agrees which shouldn't be allowed. Multiple folks tap to submissions and claim they didn't tap out. The main event ends in a no contest when one of the fighters gets caught in an armbar and there's an accidental eye poke in the exchange while the feed freezes. Meanwhile, the commentators are rambling about Endeavor purchasing the WWE and the UFC and WWE merger and they seem to think it will lead to automatic crossovers and how weird it would look if Triple H fought in the UFC. Just chaos.

Regional MMA is undefeated.

Here you'll see a guy tell the ref. to stop the fight temporarily to pull his shin guards up and the ref. agrees which shouldn't be allowed. Multiple folks tap to submissions and claim they didn't tap out. The main event ends in a no contest when one of the fighters gets caught in an armbar and there's an accidental eye poke in the exchange while the feed freezes. Meanwhile, the commentators are rambling about Endeavor purchasing the WWE and the UFC and WWE merger and they seem to think it will lead to automatic crossovers and how weird it would look if Triple H fought in the UFC. Just chaos.

Regional MMA is undefeated.

Regional MMA is like Sherdog...

<seedat>

Back