worst breach in decades: CIA officer helped China kill or arrest 20 undercover operatives; arrested

anyone who is chinese should not be anywhere near sensitive data.

white liberals might have that bitch mentality but the chinese do not.

I know you are driving a troll train up the tracks, but that is impractical and immoral.

However, some rather intensive vetting for anyone whose family migrated from the Mainland should be in order in sensitive positions.

If it was something really high up the chain of command? To be honest, do not take that chance.

lol @ all the liberals in this thread calling for blood and torture

What the fuck? This guy was an (ex)CIA officer and was allowed to own a residence and live in Hong Kong?! Typical Obama administration weakness and stupidity.
You worked for the CIA and know plenty of info invaluable for the Chinese and you're allowed to settle in China.

What could go wrong?

lol you're an idiot

(a) he was a spy for the US government INTO CHINESE state secrets, so he'd been living in China during their collection and could potentially raise suspicion and endanger himself moving to the US
(b) the government cannot restrict an individual's travel ex post facto, so unless he became a spy under Obama, which seems very unlikely given the timeline, your suggested action would be illegal.

This is some James Bond level shit here. I find this too be pretty cool. I love hearing about shit like this. It gets my imagination going, and I get all excited.

So does the CIA have a spy team of ABCs (american born chinese)? Be too obvious using Blacks, Latinos, and White citizens in China. America letting in so many different people has its pros and cons. Its probably easy to infiltrate us, but we are so deep and diverse, we can draw a pretty convincing team for any country.

I read somewhere that real "spies" basically just convince and pay well connected indigenous people to just feed them intel. They dont actually don the ninja outfit, and break into a laboratory themselves, and take pictures. They dont kidnap people. They dont insert themselves into deep cover like Donnie Brasco. "Spies" arent actual warriors. They are more like how they are portrayed in the movie 13 Hours

Given that is all "spies" are, and China-America friendly economic relations, they can at least ransom them back to us and not kill or torture them. America lets China invest money here, buy up real estate, hack our computers, pirate our tech/movies/music afterall.

I know you are driving a troll train up the tracks, but that is impractical and immoral.

However, some rather intensive vetting for anyone whose family migrated from the Mainland should be in order in sensitive positions.

If it was something really high up the chain of command? To be honest, do not take that chance.

its not immoral because they already practice it. national security should trump all feelings of injustice.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...chun-shing-lee-suspected-spying-china-n838186

Full article at the link above.

TLDR: Ex-CIA officer arrested with two notebooks full of information as he tried to leave the country; in 2010, China dismantled America's intelligence grid within China by systematically killing or arresting its best operatives in the field. He has been under investigation for at least six years.

In 2012, one source said, the FBI lured Lee back to the U.S. with a phony job offer, but no charges were filed and he returned to Hong Kong

WTF?

Back