Would Max overtake Volk legacy wise with a W over Justin?

Who are you more excited to watch?

There's a very good argument to be made because aside from Max who did he beat? Ortega? So did Max in one sided ass whooping fashion. KZ? So did Max by brutal KO. Aldo? So did Max by finish 2x. Yair? So did Max but not as impressively as Volk. Only other significant win for Volk is Mendes.

So Aside from Mendes Volk doesn't really have any significant wins over anybody that Max hasn't beaten... Well maybe we can count Darren Elkins? 3 wins over Max is huge but look at the list of guys Max has beaten that Volk hasn't fought...

Cub Swanson, Frankie Edgar, Oliveira, Pettis, Llamas, 10 fight win streak Arnold Allen, Kattar, Justin Gaethje.

There's a very good argument to be made because aside from Max who did he beat? Ortega? So did Max in one sided ass whooping fashion. KZ? So did Max by brutal KO. Aldo? So did Max by finish 2x. Yair? So did Max but not as impressively as Volk. Only other significant win for Volk is Mendes.

So Aside from Mendes Volk doesn't really have any significant wins over anybody that Max hasn't beaten... Well maybe we can count Darren Elkins? 3 wins over Max is huge but look at the list of guys Max has beaten that Volk hasn't fought...

Cub Swanson, Frankie Edgar, Oliveira, Pettis, Llamas, 10 fight win streak Arnold Allen, Kattar, Justin Gaethje.

WHY? I agree that their resumes are very similar...other than that Volk beat Max three fucking times! Volk lost up at 155 against the dominant division champ twice. Max lost to a good 155 fighter once and beat a contender. I'm sorry, but that doesn't erase losing to your nemesis at the weight you reigned supreme at, three times.

WHY? I agree that their resumes are very similar...other than that Volk beat Max three fucking times! Volk lost up at 155 against the dominant division champ twice. Max lost to a good 155 fighter once and beat a contender. I'm sorry, but that doesn't erase losing to your nemesis at the weight you reigned supreme at, three times.
If Max beats Topuria and Islam it won't even be close, like I said the only significant win Volk has other than the Max fights which Max doesn't have is Mendes.

Volk has wins over 5 significant guys (not gonna count KZ for either guy since KZ was a massive underdog in both fights and past his prime.)

Max has wins over 11 signficant guys. Not counting Elkins for Volk or Stephens for Max as significant. Max just simply has fought and beaten more top guys than Volk has.

Not the same, Volk has beaten almost all the guys max has including Max 3 times
No he hasn't but Max beat all the significant guys Volk beat aside from Mendes. Well Max didn't beat himself I guess.. Swanson, Edgar, Allen, Kattar, Oliveira, Lamas, Gaethje, Pettis... How many of those guys did Volk beat??

No he hasn't but Max beat all the significant guys Volk beat aside from Mendes. Well Max didn't beat himself I guess.. Swanson, Edgar, Allen, Kattar, Oliveira, Lamas, Gaethje, Pettis... How many of those guys did Volk beat??
Why did you list lightweights? Volk arguably beat Islam if we’re counting lightweight. All the guys you listed were mid tier fighters besides Edgar and Olivera who sucked at featherweight.

Are we pretending Volk wouldn’t run through all those guys with ease

Why did you list lightweights? Volk arguably beat Islam if we’re counting lightweight. All the guys you listed were mid tier fighters besides Edgar and Olivera who sucked at featherweight.

Pettis beat Oliveira at 145 before the Max fight. Also this thread is about over all legacy is it not? It's not a Featherweight GOAT thread so why not mention lightweights? All the guys I listed were better than the vast majority of Volk's wins, I don't know why I'm having to have this discussion again.. You can just go "he would beat all those guys too!!" He actually needs to beat them for it to mean anything. Cub Swanson was on the verge of a title shot before losing to Edgar, Lamas fought for the title, Gaethje was interim champ, fought for the title twice and was on a 2 fight win streak over top contenders. Kattar is not that good but was ranked #4 I think. Arnold Allen is very good and was on a 10 fight win streak.

Most of the guys I mentioned were ranked in the top 10 or top 5 when Max fought them, I don't see how that is "mid tier".

Edit: Swanson was ranked #5 and on a 6 fight win streak before losing to Edgar, went in a 4 fight win streak after losing to Max.

Ricardo Lamas was ranked #5

Arnold Allen 10 fight winstreak and was ranked #4.

Mid tier my left nut.

Last edited:
If Max beats Topuria and Islam it won't even be close, like I said the only significant win Volk has other than the Max fights which Max doesn't have is Mendes.

Volk has wins over 5 significant guys (not gonna count KZ for either guy since KZ was a massive underdog in both fights and past his prime.)

Max has wins over 11 signficant guys. Not counting Elkins for Volk or Stephens for Max as significant. Max just simply has fought and beaten more top guys than Volk has.

Absolutely.

Max also has finished wins against Aldo back to back, unifying the FW belt. If Holloway beats Illia, I'm shifting the GOAT FW fighter title over to him.

This is peak Shitdog.

The mental gymnastics a person has to go through to justify a guy being 'better' than the guy who beat him 3x - twice dominantly - and who has more title defences is truly incredible.

It's almost as retarded as claiming Aldo is the FW GOAT despite losing in dominant fashion 4x to 3 of the other 4 FW champions before he'd even turned 33.

I'm just gong to be fair and say it does really help him even the odds especially after the last 2 fights with Volk getting finished. They are both greats of the division, i just wish Volk started a bit younger.

Both if you're an actual fan of the sport
That wasn't the question. But you can claim I am not a fan of the sport if it helps you get through the day bud

I hope you're not saying that Edgar sucked at featherweight.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 102630.png

He would lose to Volk but it would be a competitive decision

Nobody cares about your whining
This is peak Shitdog.

The mental gymnastics a person has to go through to justify a guy being 'better' than the guy who beat him 3x - twice dominantly - and who has more title defences is truly incredible.

It's almost as retarded as claiming Aldo is the FW GOAT despite losing in dominant fashion 4x to 3 of the other 4 FW champions before he'd even turned 33.
Dr fong

playing second fiddle to volk all these years kind of locks max under volk imo. if he beats ilia and secures a W over volk. then an arguement can be formed

Back